SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

On 4/27/2022 at 3:35 PM, Abnor Mole said:

The impossible nature of building a railroad through low sandy beachfronts that would still be high enough to cross innumerable waterways without people complaining their boat can't get under the bridges or feeling like a roller coaster is why there is no railway line from the Logs to the Chalets that pass through the Stilts.

Just saying........

Get An Up-Close Look At Sharks On This Underwater Train Ride In Houston -  Secret Houston

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

47 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Sakura's region status markers are turning from orange to red.

The last time I took notes on what the marker colors meant, this is what I jotted down:

Green = early, before QA, houses, no trees    
Blue = trees but no houses    
Purple = both houses & trees    
Yellow = public/social areas, trees, no houses    
Red means DO NOT DARE touch this, all finalized    
Pink = coastal regions for future houseboats?    

Do you know if these are at all accurate, or still accurate?  I see that I don't have orange in the list at all.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Moles
30 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Do you know if these are at all accurate, or still accurate?  I see that I don't have orange in the list at all.

:D Nope! :)  Some of those things might be falling into those 'categories' but its not what they mean, and the codes are not always consistent, some come and go depending on theme etc. etc. The important thing is WE know what they mean :D Though it is always entertaining to see what you all think they mean. :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

917612244_NewbrookeRailwayTrack29Apr2022.thumb.png.7a0959fc9bc54e9252d4b9964fea4fae.png

Newbrooke's railway line is much longer today and has double tracks for most of its current length, from SSPThimble Pond Farms in the west, to SSPBamp in the east. It might continue east into SSPBoomp too, where terrain currently ends.

A short section of track at the station in SSPAllrutti is single track, but thankfully, there are 2 sets of points/switches at opposite ends, so trains approaching the station in opposite directions should be able to pass each other, after one leaves the station and rejoins the double track, allowing the other to enter the station.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

38 minutes ago, Moonstruck Mole said:

:D Nope! :)  Some of those things might be falling into those 'categories' but its not what they mean, and the codes are not always consistent, some come and go depending on theme etc. etc. The important thing is WE know what they mean :D Though it is always entertaining to see what you all think they mean. :D

Geez, Moles are cute but sneaky!!!  🤣

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

917612244_NewbrookeRailwayTrack29Apr2022.thumb.png.7a0959fc9bc54e9252d4b9964fea4fae.png

Newbrooke's railway line is much longer today and has double tracks for most of its current length, from SSPThimble Pond Farms in the west, to SSPBamp in the east. It might continue east into SSPBoomp too, where terrain currently ends.

A short section of track at the station in SSPAllrutti is single track, but thankfully, there are 2 sets of points/switches at opposite ends, so trains approaching the station in opposite directions should be able to pass each other, after one leaves the station and rejoins the double track, allowing the other to enter the station.

The Moles have really been busy!!

1722375678_RowneinGenus_001.thumb.jpg.8c07d43bd7fd8d4e5ad91121c20fe902.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, 4lice Cerise said:

Allow me to expand on this notion to integrate the railheads at MooseTracks http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Moose Tracks/98/250/58 and Shobu http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Shobu/36/25/22

This is all very interesting. That thin line in Shobu DOES look like a railbed but it is curious that it does not extend out of the region. Shobu appears unique and may be a community region similar to Newbank or Millbank (which sometimes has a short railbed for no apparent reason).

I expect the north coast of the logs to be edged with the coastline of a waterway that connects Snert to Really Wet. As railbeds tend to follow waterways, I expect the Moose Track railhead to be extended along this coast where it will end. This is what happens in the Red Hook Victorian region.

I would be suprised if a railbed ever appears in a stilt region. Bridal Path is the end of the line for the railbed on the northeastern portion of the log regions and is close to the stilts. If the logs and stilts were intended to be connected by rail, it seems like that would have already occurred.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 4lice Cerise said:

Allow me to expand on this notion to integrate the railheads at MooseTracks http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Moose Tracks/98/250/58 and Shobu http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Shobu/36/25/22

It's an interesting idea, but your proposal runs through SO much currently empty grid that I find it impossible to say what will happen to the rail when it goes beyond Moose Tracks.  A few things to consider:

> Moose Tracks is already released, there are residents living there.

> The tracks are not the only interesting thing about Moose Tracks.  There is a station with rez zone in the middle of the region, then north of that there is a siding (no signaling or switches), then the tracks go through a short tunnel and exit.  The tunnel goes through a very large hill.  The tracks are at height 57; the hill's peak is at 91.  The land falls off quickly on either side to sea level.

moose.JPG.a5ac5adf1b87de66d8493a2d15997213.JPG

> The space above the logs is LARGE - large enough to accommodate one or more new themes.

route.JPG.1723d3bbcaa3462b6008ceac1b25292b.JPG

I have found it puzzling that the moles have never done the obvious thing and finished the log's northern edge.  All that @Abnor Mole will say about it is that they have a plan.  Perhaps the plan involves a LAND link north of Moose Tracks to another theme?  Or perhaps the rail will just end in a loop, like in Bridle Path. 

I don't know what they'll do there, but I do hope that whatever it is happens before 2024.  Though, really, I'm not very confident that it will.   Oh well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think @4lice Cerise above idea is perfectly feasible.  We know that the Sakura theme won't be the last, and the fact that LL have again cleared out private regions west of the Stilts indicates that something is going to go in there. 

It should also be noted that, unlike the Vic/Log border, or the Chalet/Newbrooke border, the gap between the Sakura theme and the Stilt theme is two regions wide instead of the usual one.

Logically, there is not much sense in having the dividing area being so wide if it's only  going to be mountains (elsewhere in Belli all dividing mountains between themes have been only 1-region wide), so this might indicate that LL plan to join the northern Stilt area and southern Sakura area by a combination of empty water regions and a coastline that incorporates the railway.

The empty water regions would serve as a divider between the Stilts and Sakura themes, and would also join the Sakura waterways up to the stilts, as well as allowing a clear passage down southwards towards a future theme or the northern coast of the Logs (in whatever way that gets finished), whilst the adjoining railway coastal regions would finish off Sakura, allow continued train passage southwards, and of course still incorporate LL home parcels.

If, after Sakura, there's the possibility of 2 more themes to be added, then I can see this idea definitely having merit - is there any definitive word from LL as to how many themes there will be?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1