Jump to content

SSP?


Garnet Psaltery

Recommended Posts

Okay, I realize this is completely daft but I just got totally unnerved at my Fantasy house and logged out to the (relative) safety of RL.  I enjoy hearing the birds and the water and the insects and the frogs but what is that breathing against the windows of my house?  And what creature is running by and snuffling at my baseboards??  😱 😱 😱

  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Okay, I realize this is completely daft but I just got totally unnerved at my Fantasy house and logged out to the (relative) safety of RL.  I enjoy hearing the birds and the water and the insects and the frogs but what is that breathing against the windows of my house?  And what creature is running by and snuffling at my baseboards??  😱 😱 😱

Uh, that's not a normal thing. Use the sound explorer to see if one of your neighbors has a pet rezzed or something

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Okay, I realize this is completely daft but I just got totally unnerved at my Fantasy house and logged out to the (relative) safety of RL.  I enjoy hearing the birds and the water and the insects and the frogs but what is that breathing against the windows of my house?  And what creature is running by and snuffling at my baseboards??  😱 😱 😱

>.>  Quartz?

I agree, the sound explorer can help.  Know, tho, that the mole soundscape in some parts of GlimmerBelle is VERY rich.  This is what I got on my parcel when I typed "Sound" into Area Search.  Of course a lot of this is too far away to hear, but I do hear a lot.  I love it, and I totally ignored my partner when he requested that I restrict sounds to parcel.  With respect to your noise, I have to say that I'm a little suspicious of the "Bird Scuffle Loops" sound, which doesn't become active very often, and I think sounds like a rhythmic thump-thump of wings which COULD seem like a running critter. (Incidentally, each of these is a transparent box that can be muted).

I'm really curious as to what "Eerie Highlights" is.

soundscape.JPG.ee9664e9b61a9f369bc5a124340ab13b.JPG

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Oh you kids, you have never heard of the Saturday morning cartoon Blackstar?
 

This is completely off topic, but I miss Saturday morning cartoons.  I even had to raise my kids without some of those classics.  It's a loss to the last 1 or 2 generations.  The only thing on regular TV on weekends now is news.  I can say that my (now grown up) kids love cartoons and recently discovered Thundercats, She-Ra, Voltron, and some others.  I'll bring up Blackstar to see if they're interested.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

d418c08fbe35d1e7c6a359742200a3e6.png

No, for once I'm pretty sure that wasn't me forgetting to turn my mike off.

 

LOL, **I** think the Fantasy Lands are haunted!  I moved to a new region and hear most of the same alarming sounds, bar the footsteps running by my house.  Then I think...  of course there are spirits and sprites...  and ghosts...  ??

  • Like 6
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Okay, I realize this is completely daft but I just got totally unnerved at my Fantasy house and logged out to the (relative) safety of RL.  I enjoy hearing the birds and the water and the insects and the frogs but what is that breathing against the windows of my house?  And what creature is running by and snuffling at my baseboards??  😱 😱 😱

It is so very realistic, and the sound effects are wonderful. Floating around in my swan boat I felt as if I had my VR headset on and was really there!

But breathing against a window...I hope I don't hear that! lol

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

LOL, **I** think the Fantasy Lands are haunted!  I moved to a new region and hear most of the same alarming sounds, bar the footsteps running by my house.  Then I think...  of course there are spirits and sprites...  and ghosts...  ??

Do you also hear these noises before you have rezzed anything? And what if you walk (not TP or fly) to a different parcel or region on the subcontinent?
Also, I would recommend going to a sandbox, fly up to what you think is a safe height and see if you still hear the unnerving noises.

If all else fails, feel free to IM me in-world (same name as here) and I could see if I can find something using the tricks that I have at my disposal other than the sound explorer, which is fine, but does not always help me :D 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Madonna666 said:

Could not rez my boat in most rez zones because it says Parcel is too full. This is a 50 odd Li boat.

 

13:51] Second Life: Can't rez object 'ENDEAVOUR XTRM RADIKAL W2' at { 174.782, 107.704, 21.6799 } on parcel 'Protected Land - Rez Zone' in region White Wizard because the parcel is too full.

 

Bandit boat will rez. SRV210

Whenever we put a rezzing zone in a region with houses the LI of that parcel is permanently subtracted from the buffer we have to keep in the region to allow for houses to rez. The roads and waterways in Fantasy are small and narrow, so they aren't designed for large, high LI vehicles. It will vary from zone to zone, but some of the zones will only support as low 50LI while some may be more. 

When we build regions around and within the theme that do not have houses in them we can have rezzing areas that can accommodate larger LI items (since keeping that buffer of LI for house rezzing isn't a concern).

When I get a chance I can see if I can make some temporary ones for residents in those regions for residents to use in the meantime.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

Whenever we put a rezzing zone in a region with houses the LI of that parcel is permanently subtracted from the buffer we have to keep in the region to allow for houses to rez. The roads and waterways in Fantasy are small and narrow, so they aren't designed for large, high LI vehicles. It will vary from zone to zone, but some of the zones will only support as low 50LI while some may be more. 

When we build regions around and within the theme that do not have houses in them we can have rezzing areas that can accommodate larger LI items (since keeping that buffer of LI for house rezzing isn't a concern).

When I get a chance I can see if I can make some temporary ones for residents in those regions for residents to use in the meantime.

Hey thanks for the info. To be honest it's only one of the smaller boats I have that is over 50 odd Li. It has flashy neon and stuff haha. It's the same size as an SRV210 though. I wouldn't want to be rezzing any of the cruisers, far too big for the small river. All of the smaller Bandit boats will rez fine. 

Today I rezzed the Neon boat at Rigamarole and took a cruise around the Fantasy houses so it works that way.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Side note: Just noticed, I think Tiny Empires is active in Belli again.  Seemed to me that they had disappeared for quite some time.  They're not particularly bothering anyone, but noticed this group of 11 invisible avatars born in 2019 in Northwest Belli.

2139430313_Tinyempires.JPG.2f99e5a9e9994d59ca31914396e4630f.JPG

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm rooting for the north coast of LogLand to be finished before there's a new theme, which would probably be on the order of 30 regions.  That would give all the sailors in the stilts and chalets a shortcut to Olde Bellisseria, with its traditionals, campers and victorians, via the large waterways at the Squishy Pickle.  But I'm sure LL has its development plan in place already, so actually this is just a hopeful guess as to what that plan might be.

I'm thinking that would give us more stilts offshore, and then as moles get closer to the Squishy Pickle it seems likely that more houseboats will appear.

I don't know how likely many houseboats north of the stilts are; there are some open areas, but there are also scattered private regions here and there, at present.

  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Today I decided to travel by water from Rigamarole rezzing pier all the way through the Fantasy regions down to the most south-east Fantasy region edge, a region called Edgewhistle.

I used a motorised watercraft which had a very low profile hull, with a flat bottom and no keel. I used the inworld World Map for navigation.

The trip from Rigamarole down to the southern edge of Edgewhistle was very twisty, narrow and the bridges are all fairly low.. Boat owners with vessels with deep drafts and tall masts should not attempt this trip as they won't be able to navigate through it fully.

It was quite easy to get lost in the labyrinth of narrow rivers and streams which are partly hidden by trees when viewed from overhead on the World Map.

In all, the trip took about thirty minutes and I went through about two-dozen regions (give or take, I wasn't counting) and I would rate this mini adventure as being quite easy to complete.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/17/2021 at 8:01 PM, Nika Talaj said:

Side note: Just noticed, I think Tiny Empires is active in Belli again.  Seemed to me that they had disappeared for quite some time.  They're not particularly bothering anyone, but noticed this group of 11 invisible avatars born in 2019 in Northwest Belli.

2139430313_Tinyempires.JPG.2f99e5a9e9994d59ca31914396e4630f.JPG

 

I prefer to think they are holding a wake for the lost family silver.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In fantasy region stuff, Murmuring Pines has a grid over it (can be seen on the map, but you can't miss it when you get there). Access to Blackstar is still locked down, so clearly there's been a breakout of monsters. Most of the regions seem to be rolling out pretty smoothly though.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/18/2021 at 4:22 PM, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Today I decided to travel by water from Rigamarole rezzing pier all the way through the Fantasy regions down to the most south-east Fantasy region edge, a region called Edgewhistle.

I used a motorised watercraft which had a very low profile hull, with a flat bottom and no keel. I used the inworld World Map for navigation.

The trip from Rigamarole down to the southern edge of Edgewhistle was very twisty, narrow and the bridges are all fairly low.. Boat owners with vessels with deep drafts and tall masts should not attempt this trip as they won't be able to navigate through it fully.

It was quite easy to get lost in the labyrinth of narrow rivers and streams which are partly hidden by trees when viewed from overhead on the World Map.

In all, the trip took about thirty minutes and I went through about two-dozen regions (give or take, I wasn't counting) and I would rate this mini adventure as being quite easy to complete.

If your boat is mod then even whilst sat on it you can edit it, edit linked parts, select the mast and sails and in the features tab set the physics type to none.... That way boats that would otherwise snag on the low bridges can pass through them. It works on mod boats, like the Sjogin and bandit boats.  

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I keep scanning the map to see if moles have created any new lands to finish off Belli's many coastlines, but haven't seen any so far.  I guess there are already a lot of named and unnamed regions that are ready for release - of course Fantasy regions, but also a lot of Chalet, Stilt, and Log Home regions look to be ready to go.  And the moles seem to be very busy up in Noir, it's a traffic jam up there.

progress.JPG.49730254fe9d893a81a5e19aac3d4e68.JPG

Also there's a new (well, new to me) addition to the miscellaneous part of the SSP area.  The Drunken Mouse is a terrific region, but it is definitely DONE, so what's it doing up there?  Maybe they're using pieces to finish up a chalet region or three?  Or maybe it will be used for ... wait ... ooo  a thought ... Halloween approaches!

mouse.JPG.454b11aa6de93b7dfcf1b559ce9b42fd.JPG

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I keep scanning the map to see if moles have created any new lands to finish off Belli's many coastlines, but haven't seen any so far.  I guess there are already a lot of named and unnamed regions that are ready for release - of course Fantasy regions, but also a lot of Chalet, Stilt, and Log Home regions look to be ready to go.  And the moles seem to be very busy up in Noir, it's a traffic jam up there.

Noir is cool.   It's...  well, the new orange, I suppose.   

(At which point, I just know someone's going to jump up and say -- "Look.. he said 'orange'  -- it's a clue that means such-and-such, because Halloween, or something.   It doesn't, and if it did, you'd still be wrong.  Trust me).

  • Like 1
  • Haha 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Noir development continues apace, 7 folks there at the moment.  And it now sports the usual number of regions for a new theme.

Given the preponderance of mer accoutrements in the just past installment of weekend sales, I'm wondering if SSPSCR stands for SSP Swimming Critters.

LOL!  Happy Monday, peoples!

noir.thumb.JPG.e5fee1e6c500e72cb0a3438e68ad107d.JPG

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...