Jump to content

SSP?


Garnet Psaltery

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, Lloyd Overland said:

Thanks Daniel for sharing this news, I have been eagerly awaiting this development. When the connection is made I hope that there will be some additional regions along the south east coastline of Satori to allow onward navigation north.

 

I can't wait for the continents to be connected at long last. This is a very big development for sure. 

5 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Thanks for this. The map is a real PITA, can't wait till it's fixed. This must be what Patch refered to in the recent interview (Home & Garden Expo) about continents being almost connected.

Bring on SL18B for the next LH theme. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Huge new batch of regions added north east of the stilt homes almost connecting with the Satori continent (south west part). There is now only a few regions separating them. 

Map still not working for any region visuals. 

1b.thumb.PNG.4d3fff38d2119fcfc42c1c8c563f3c7d.PNG

1a.thumb.PNG.e0d4f6e478fa5d95df539c0d8d97ba29.PNG

1c.thumb.PNG.08857a762caf6353161e8899f7acc68e.PNG

Looking at the region names, I think this might be the new Chalets theme,  because there are alot of German names.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some of these new regions are showing up on the map. I wonder if this is a mistake or sneak previews from the Moles ?

 

295345947_BuffaloSprings.thumb.PNG.d035d842869f50ad761a182719b0c183.PNG

534970796_DuncansBrae.PNG.f5a49f1dbf8dc9782a84b52b269f4114.PNG

Geppetto.thumb.PNG.b706d743656ccb6bcaea72be2607057f.PNG

Some are probably going offline or about to come online soon. 

Exra.thumb.PNG.b6226e155174d39a315356df82f02dad.PNG

Another interesting development I think above. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Some of these new regions are showing up on the map. I wonder if this is a mistake or sneak previews from the Moles ?

 

295345947_BuffaloSprings.thumb.PNG.d035d842869f50ad761a182719b0c183.PNG

534970796_DuncansBrae.PNG.f5a49f1dbf8dc9782a84b52b269f4114.PNG

Geppetto.thumb.PNG.b706d743656ccb6bcaea72be2607057f.PNG

Some are probably going offline or about to come online soon. 

Exra.thumb.PNG.b6226e155174d39a315356df82f02dad.PNG

Another interesting development I think above. 

The terrain doesn't look very chalet-like, more like ghosts of private rental regions.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Some of these new regions are showing up on the map. I wonder if this is a mistake or sneak previews from the Moles ?

Unlikely to be LH regions the map has been borked quite a while if these regions have been moved the map hasn't updated

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Unlikely to be LH regions the map has been borked quite a while if these regions have been moved the map hasn't updated

I have been checking the map regularly from the southern tip of Satori for some time so can confirm the visible regions on the map have been there for a considerable time. The nearest, Buffalo Springs shows on Grid Survey as in existence on 4th March 2009 but status inactive so it is a bit of a mystery but I think that suggests it is not SSP as such. Today it is not possible to teleport into it, not sure if this is a region owner restriction or because it has been relocated/removed.

I am excited by the possibility as I said above that the new Bellisseria regions may connect along the eastern Satori coast allowing the most amazing intercontinental sailing possibilities 😀

image.thumb.png.ed656572f317429c2f35fb67ff6ee43b.png

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Regarding the sailing posibilities if these new regions become available in there current locations (likely I'd say) then the nearest to the southern tip of Satori Muesli is two regions west of Pounce which is a Linden water region off the south east coast. I've created a  quick location map:

image.thumb.png.5a95fe46901895ca04d27d82664b70e7.png

What would be needed to sail from the new regions in the south to the orange dot on my second map is 18 new Linden water or mix homes and water regions north along the Satori coast then off we could sail to Nautilus, Blake Sea, Corsica and Gaeta V. How awesome would that be!

What is obvious from the pattern of the new regions is that the are clearly headed, as we have seen for some time, toward Satori as otherwise they wouldn't go north then east then north again (repeatedly).

image.png.eac84f557d6cd12ef9e1fe3bcc8252f2.png

 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Lloyd Overland said:

I haven't seen one of these before (located in SSPE1751)

image.thumb.png.90e8199168cefb910d7e79c84f022dda.png

Sorry to follow up my own post rather than edit it but there are a few of these nearby, some are transparent and maybe it is just I haven't been in a working area before. Keeping out the way of a hard working mole I can see on ths mini map.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking west from Mango Salsa where the moles are working their magic bringing new regions to life, the nearest to me is the least developed. As this SSP thread is like the unofficial Bellisseria history I thought I'd take some screenshots. If you want to explore SSPE1754 has a rez zone that works.

image.thumb.png.1b7d8b1e2aedcd2ce0baba6de7e2b9a5.png

image.thumb.png.ba74a448f73ef4639e3e20b29e3e3e67.png

image.thumb.png.ed9abbf9e4c1a5b5ee81f3641bf2db14.png

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Huge new batch of regions added north east of the stilt homes almost connecting with the Satori continent (south west part). There is now only a few regions separating them. 

Map still not working for any region visuals. 

1b.thumb.PNG.4d3fff38d2119fcfc42c1c8c563f3c7d.PNG

1a.thumb.PNG.e0d4f6e478fa5d95df539c0d8d97ba29.PNG

1c.thumb.PNG.08857a762caf6353161e8899f7acc68e.PNG

I guess this is where the Chalets are going to be . One region is called "Omas Kuh" (German for Grannys cow) another "Mühlenbach" (German for Mill stream)  ... "Heidi" (German Girls First name) "Bachmann" (German Sirname) ... "Ziegenkaese" (German for goatcheese) ...

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess it depens on the culture. 

According to Wikipedia, this is a chalét, quite close to the new theme, but here, we refer to them with this idea in mind (and then you have the Alpine style, which seems to be a complete different world!!!).

I understand the term can be a bit vague, so it can work for an architectural style that is inspired by a German theme.

Belive me, the term 'Trad' doesn't reflect at all my idea of a Traditional house, but we cannot be too picky with terminology, considering we are from such many different backgrounds. 

 

 

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Elena Core said:

I guess it depens on the culture. 

According to Wikipedia, this is a chalét, quite close to the new theme, but here, we refer to them with this idea in mind (and then you have the Alpine style, which seems to be a complete different world!!!).

I understand the term can be a bit vague, so it can work for an architectural style that is inspired by a German theme.

Belive me, the term 'Trad' doesn't reflect at all my idea of a Traditional house, but we cannot be too picky with terminology, considering we are from such many different backgrounds. 

Which Wikipedia did you take that one pic from?

I have gone through:
English: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chalet
German: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chalet
Dutch: https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chalet
French: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chalet

None of those Wikipedia pages show a fachwerk haus and call it a chalet.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Which Wikipedia did you take that one pic from?

I have gone through:
English: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chalet
German: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chalet
Dutch: https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chalet
French: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chalet

None of those Wikipedia pages show a fachwerk haus and call it a chalet.

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chalé

It all depends on the perspective

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another view of the new regions:

Belli-Satori-2021-03-09-labels.thumb.jpg.f32ea21ce8e886d8b1cac1a8d75e0a3d.jpg

 

I can't see a connection from Jeogeot being put in all the way to Satori just for planes to get stuck in an orb in South Satori. They will have to build up a waterway along the coast to Atanua, which opens up travel all the way to Gaeta V.

It is really exciting to watch this developing

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

It's that time again, when we are about to get a new theme, so someone has to roll out a complaint that "It's not like Real Life".

Can't we just enjoy the new theme? (Answer: Apparently not.)

Can't we just name things the way they are? Even Patch refers to them as fachwerkhaus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Can't we just name things the way they are? Even Patch refers to them as fachwerkhaus.

Can't we just chill and enjoy the new houses without nitpicking and complaining? (Rhetorical.)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Fritigern Gothly said:

Can't you just sit on your hands and stop complaining when someone is just right?

No. No, I cannot.

And in honor of this silly discussion, I will name my CHALET "Chalet McChaletface". Thanks for the inspiration!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

No. No, I cannot.

And in honor of this silly discussion, I will name my CHALET "Chalet McChaletface". Thanks for the inspiration!

Whatever, but you will just be showing your utter pettiness and ignorance by doing so.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Whatever, but you will just be showing your utter pettiness and ignorance by doing so.

Did you just call the Moles "ignorant" for using the word "chalet"? I believe you did. Tsk.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

And now you are name-calling. What a peach of a neighbor you must be. Hope I don't get the CHALET next to yours. :) 

ETA: BTW, did you just call the Moles "ignorant" for using the word "chalet"? I believe you did. Tsk.

Not name calling, mentioning observed personality traits is not name calling. Perhaps you should listen when someone tries to educate you.

Also, if the moles indeed call them chalets in spite of Patch referring to them as fachwerkhaus, then yes, they must be ignorant.

As for ignorance, here, let me educate you on the very meaning of the word:image.png.b7a86e7f928a9fbd16d4dd2758b6bd54.png
 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...