Jump to content

SSP?


Garnet Psaltery

Recommended Posts

EDIT: Chat servers currently undergoing maintenance - maybe this will fix the issues of the past week!

More stilt regions now coming back online, FWIW. Also, FWIW, at 10:38 SLT neither Patch nor Whitney appears on the BelliCit chat list. (Too busy elsewhere, or just given up trying to get chat to open.) All stilt regions back online and 2-3 green dots scattered about.

10:50SLT And Patch has succeeded in logging into Chat. He just announced that 100% of the regions on the grid have now been uplifted to the Cloud!

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Someone pointed out in chat that the Stilt region parcels are not yet named. If you click on a parcel on the map, you only get the region name. Other regions, you'll get the person who owns the parcel's named land. Or it'll say 'protected land'.  Even in non released regions of log homes, click on a parcel, it'll say 'protected land'. So not ready just yet. I'm sure its a quick switch over to give the parcel's individual names. Just pointing that observation out.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

Someone pointed out in chat that the Stilt region parcels are not yet named. If you click on a parcel on the map, you only get the region name. Other regions, you'll get the person who owns the parcel's named land. Or it'll say 'protected land'.  Even in non released regions of log homes, click on a parcel, it'll say 'protected land'. So not ready just yet. I'm sure its a quick switch over to give the parcel's individual names. Just pointing that observation out.

Maybe it’s hidden?? We can’t actually see into it so the map may not. 

Edited by Milk Pixelmaid
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:
28 minutes ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

Maybe cos it’s hidden?? 

That's a possibility!

I think it would overly complicate things for the map to show an SSP name with the real name somehow hidden.

The regions do have to have their final name before they can be released.  However, updating a region's name should be as simple as updating a row in a database table. One should be able to run a few thousand update statements in mere seconds.  The regions likely need to be restarted afterwards.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In case this gets lost in my other comment: 

10:50SLT And Patch has succeeded in logging into Chat. He just announced that 100% of the regions on the grid have now been uplifted to the Cloud!

The team still has stuff to do - immediate timeline for release now after Turkey Day.

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Frigga Freidman said:

In case this gets lost in my other comment: 

10:50SLT And Patch has succeeded in logging into Chat. He just announced that 100% of the regions on the grid have now been uplifted to the Cloud!

[10:59] Patch Linden: Alas, the team still has some stuff to do caused by the various interruptions that's all created, but that puts our immediate timeline for release to after Turkey Day.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[10:57] Patch Linden: What's today?
[10:58] Patch Linden: Thursday

[10:58] Patch Linden: Guess what?

[10:58] Patch Linden: 100% of the regions on the grid have now been uplifted!

[10:58] Patch Linden: That's why it's been restart city, and that's one of the things we had to get past!

[10:59] Patch Linden: Alas, the team still has some stuff to do caused by the various interruptions that's all created, but that puts our immediate timeline for release to after Turkey Day.

[11:00] Patch Linden: We're so close, we can taste it, but the team also needs time with their families too ;)

[11:01] Patch Linden: Thank you everyone! ❤️

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
7 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

[10:57] Patch Linden: What's today?
[10:58] Patch Linden: Thursday

[10:58] Patch Linden: Guess what?

[10:58] Patch Linden: 100% of the regions on the grid have now been uplifted!

[10:58] Patch Linden: That's why it's been restart city, and that's one of the things we had to get past!

[10:59] Patch Linden: Alas, the team still has some stuff to do caused by the various interruptions that's all created, but that puts our immediate timeline for release to after Turkey Day.

[11:00] Patch Linden: We're so close, we can taste it, but the team also needs time with their families too ;)

[11:01] Patch Linden: Thank you everyone! ❤️

 

Well you beat me to it, again, but there it is, and hopefully that helps with expectations.  🙂

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 21
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

Can we wander around it during thanksgiving holiday? A real live preview would be fantastic.

Well, it would seem that letting folks in to just look around would cause no harm, it's not as if we could trip over something and make it fall over.  But we CAN use sit animations, trigger data collection scripts that they may have in the regions, throw a party and stress a region ... so they'd probably have to do some sort of QA cycle again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Nika Talaj said:

Well, it would seem that letting folks in to just look around would cause no harm, it's not as if we could trip over something and make it fall over.  But we CAN use sit animations, trigger data collection scripts that they may have in the regions, throw a party and stress a region ... so they'd probably have to do some sort of QA cycle again.

Idea.. a cloud stress test would be pretty cool! We’re all off for the holidays. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Checked back at the SSP Dev regions on the grid that appears to be showing the development of stilt homes and houseboats. 

1671705780_LHDev.PNG.c17f363034a79e53a937a9c9c61fba41.PNG

Some interesting builds on both these LH Dev regions. It looks like some sort of shopping area on LH Dev 2. 

664509430_LHDev2.PNG.6bc45b86b60e33f3adf000a1e028fc42.PNG

The 2020 SL Christmas Expo regions are here but nothing visually at the moment on the map. I wonder if the Linden Reveal region will return again. 

Christmas.thumb.PNG.6628e36aca46184ab28c0c0505427a4d.PNG

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...