Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can answer this. The main focus of Linden Homes is the homes themselves. One of the main features is that the home does not count against your parcel prim count. That cost is absorbed by the main pa

Here are the locations we've added rezzing zone parcels:  Boat Rezzing Zones (Basically, look for a lighthouse ) : http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Plafil Waters/14/138/21 http://maps.second

We've decided to delay releasing any campers or trailers at the moment, for obvious reasons, until hurricane Jorge passes.     In other news, our newklear operations are at fully r

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

There's some coastline east of Faraday showing up on the map but I can't teleport there - it's very close to the stilt homes.

I am lurking on the coast of Stockyard and can only see a light pink swath of...  nothing...  Is there any place from which they are visible?

Lurking in Stockyard_001.png

Edited by Leora Greenwood
added photo
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

Thank you for this fantastic math. I was panicking because I’m at work... should be able to get one with 2500!

I did some counting on the map and it "looks" like there are fewer places in these regions than on other spots so likely less than that number ---

 

BUT IT IS GREAT TO SEE SOME NEW LANDS OUT THERE!!!!!

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Patch hinted at a possible Monday release though maybe later in the week seems more possible

To be more precise, he says:

Quote

Patch Linden: We'll see what Monday brings when we get to it, I don't think we'll be ready by then though

Either way I'll be getting ready to abandon my houseboat over the weekend I think😁

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I did some counting on the map and it "looks" like there are fewer places in these regions than on other spots so likely less than that number ---

 

BUT IT IS GREAT TO SEE SOME NEW LANDS OUT THERE!!!!!

You are probably right.  Zoomed all the way in, it's not easy to tell what is a house and what isn't...looks like it may be closer to 10-14 homes per region, so in the neighborhood of 1500 new homes.  They won't last long, but anyone who checks the queue daily should be able to get one.  

Edited by Matthieu Quander
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

You are probably right.  Zoomed all the way in, it's not easy to tell what is a house and what isn't...looks like it may be closer to 10-14 homes per region, so in the neighborhood of 1500 new homes.  They won't last long, but anyone who checks the queue daily should be able to get one.  

Yeah, hard to tell, but it does look to me like there are some kind of plot boundary markers - square. Perhaps the homes are just not showing properly on the map yet for some reason?

If you take this region shown below you can just see them, with a small grey square in the middle (I've increased the brightness and contrast to make them show up more:

190676046_stilthomes.PNG.ae596be2c7aba5302029b5fdc03670bd.PNG

You can see quite a few in the middle section of the region - I would not expect them to leave such a large area of water uninhabitable when they need to get as many homes out as possible. If these lines indicate houses then it would give an average number of homes for the region compared to what we have seen for other themes.

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, so that happened fast. And I who was going to take another alt back to Basic Tuesday.

Well... Thinking.

I think this goes so fast, because it is no edges to fix between the regions. The only places I see land continue in another region, is in the premade groups of 4 or 6 regions that makes shapes that are repeated.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Yeah, hard to tell, but it does look to me like there are some kind of plot boundary markers - square. Perhaps the homes are just not showing properly on the map yet for some reason?

If you take this region shown below you can just see them, with a small grey square in the middle (I've increased the brightness and contrast to make them show up more:

190676046_stilthomes.PNG.ae596be2c7aba5302029b5fdc03670bd.PNG

You can see quite a few in the middle section of the region - I would not expect them to leave such a large area of water uninhabitable when they need to get as many homes out as possible. If these lines indicate houses then it would give an average number of homes for the region compared to what we have seen for other themes.

I don't disagree BUT ----   For me many of the current regions (Victorians for sure) are unusable with the lag.  My last two trips to various sims in that area had my fps at 5.6 or so while it is 100 fps in my sim up high and 60 fps on the ground (for me of course but that shows it ISN'T my computer).

 

That is one reason my friends will be looking to move -- they CAN'T move LOL.  So assuming LL figured that out, this is a good plan.  I picked my Traditional based on the number of houses in the region AND it being waterfront. The fewer neighbors you have with dense mesh and heavy textures the better off you are --- and there is no way for LL to police THAT.  

 

So this may be their way of making things better. Fingers crossed. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Yeah, hard to tell, but it does look to me like there are some kind of plot boundary markers - square. Perhaps the homes are just not showing properly on the map yet for some reason?

If you take this region shown below you can just see them, with a small grey square in the middle (I've increased the brightness and contrast to make them show up more:

190676046_stilthomes.PNG.ae596be2c7aba5302029b5fdc03670bd.PNG

You can see quite a few in the middle section of the region - I would not expect them to leave such a large area of water uninhabitable when they need to get as many homes out as possible. If these lines indicate houses then it would give an average number of homes for the region compared to what we have seen for other themes.

Yep.  Maybe one of the four models doesn't show on the map as well as the others for some reason, or perhaps they intend to put houseboats in those "empty" squares to truly mix the two themes?  I would okay with fewer homes in each region to minimize lag, but more water means less landscaping, so they aren't likely to keep the region LI that low just for kicks.  I think there will be more homes than what we can easily see.  

An extremely unlikely theory is that the less visible plots contain some sort of super-secret underwater housing.  

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I don't disagree BUT ----   For me many of the current regions (Victorians for sure) are unusable with the lag.  My last two trips to various sims in that area had my fps at 5.6 or so while it is 100 fps in my sim up high and 60 fps on the ground (for me of course but that shows it ISN'T my computer).

 

That is one reason my friends will be looking to move -- they CAN'T move LOL.  So assuming LL figured that out, this is a good plan.  I picked my Traditional based on the number of houses in the region AND it being waterfront. The fewer neighbors you have with dense mesh and heavy textures the better off you are --- and there is no way for LL to police THAT.  

 

So this may be their way of making things better. Fingers crossed. 

Yes.  Fingers crossed.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

That is a really BIG block of regions and it seems to be growing.

Tried to make up a sort of map - Excel Table - with the names but too many of them, did not get through with it. It seems to be growing towards the noth and east.

I've been so absorbed in current affairs that I missed the development in this thread!
Does anyone else think that this is heading towards joining up the continents with a sailing route?

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

I've been so absorbed in current affairs that I missed the development in this thread!
Does anyone else think that this is heading towards joining up the continents with a sailing route?

Definitely.  Some of the water regions have already been added.  They have to keep the actual connecting regions offline until the release, otherwise we would be able to cam across.  Here you can see the water regions along the east side of one section, with water regions going down towards an existing set of regions.  No doubt at all that they will connect it with more water regions - otherwise, those lower ones make no real sense at all.

image.thumb.png.9671d1b96e977e9e533da0b2feae962b.png

 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
missing word
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

That is a really BIG block of regions and it seems to be growing.

Tried to make up a sort of map - Excel Table - with the names but too many of them, did not get through with it. It seems to be growing towards the noth and east.

I put together a spreadsheet of all the new regions last night, and started looking at which regions were clones - the grouping that (to me) looks like a bird embryo has 4 copies as does the one that looks like a capital C, one of the HB regions has 3 copies, and then other HB regions appear twice. No region actually mixes HB and Stilts. And one all-water region (Ambergris) has 24 parcels. The map's not loading well for me at the moment, but I don't think anything additional has been added in terms of regions since last night. (My spreadsheet includes all 193 named parcels, whether they include HB or are 'just water' blue/pink, and gives their row number - 1-18, and I'm working on lists of cloned regions. Just because. [Eyeroll] Procrastination is the bane of my existence...) Won't be able to get back to it until the wee hours tonight/Sunday morning.

ambergris.JPG

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...