SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

• Moles
On 10/6/2020 at 2:04 AM, Nika Talaj said:

And what are those big, bright things in the lower left quadrant of the region?

Generally, big bright things on SSP83X like that are individual components of the house meshes, which we unlink, colour, drag up into the air, and separate from each other to use as reference models while we're working on those aspects of the house scripting that require close attention to which face number is which in each link.

• Thanks 9

The moles are quietly filling in the remaining 111 SSPE land regions with Log Home parcels and a sprinkling of Trailer enclaves (SSPE 1169 and 1164 are the only ones I've noticed).  Let's randomly say that 10 of those regions will be purely landscaping, with no homes.  If we said that the average occupancy on the remaining 101 regions is 15 (many of them are coastal and so have fewer homes than the usual 20), that would be almost 1600 new homes.  If LL continues to release roughly one region per weekday,  101 regions would last for 20-ish weeks, which I believe would take us to early March.  And then, there are the many named, but unreleased, regions as well.  I'm not THAT pessimistic about Uplift, so I think that at some point, perhaps when they have a better feel for when they can create new regions, the pace of releases will pick up.  Maybe they'll even do a bulk release of coastline regions, as they did for the Vics.  That would be fun!

If anyone is curious about the progress of Project Uplift, I encourage you to take a look at Inara Pey's user group summaries.  Yesterday she noted that private estates are assisting with Uplift; I'm encouraged to hear that London City, with its incredibly busy newbie-friendly central region (46 avatars as I type) is running on the cloud.

We now have a rail tunnel that leads to absolutely nowhere up in SSPE1217, causing my pooch to just sit down and howl. I think he's eager for LogLand to be complete!

1768311491_Nowheresspe1217_001.thumb.jpg.718f6d51f1be103678dce0b88959f9c1.jpg

I've been wondering if the mole's march up LogLand's eastern seaboard would continue now that they have run into regions having proto-rail tracks in them, and the answer appears to be, yes.  I spotted Moonstruck placing homes in SSPE1125, at the eastern end of the long horizontal line of (hopefully) soon-to-be-tracks.

And, apropo of nothing, I have a question I've always wondered about.  On the map, unbuilt regions show as blue.  Has anyone noticed that there are two slightly different shades of blue used for blank regions?  This is true all over the map, I believe, but in Belli the darker blue, being grouped around the edges of existing developments, SEEMS to suggest that they are destined to be ... something different than the other void regions.  I've drawn little corners around darker blue unbuilt regions below (the contrast is more visible on the actual inworld map).  Perhaps darker blue signifies they are targeted to eventually be all-water regions?  Just a guess. Anyone out there have an idea?

1967494107_darkerwater2.thumb.JPG.6ec282261d0a5c27c663462ccf5526b2.JPG

P.S.  Closer to home, the Bellisseria Fairgrounds is also running on the Cloud!  It's currently hosting a Skill Gaming event which keeps it moderately busy, right now 14 avatars.

Edited by Nika Talaj
exciting news!
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

....   If LL continues to release roughly one region per weekday...

They did not do so in the last weeks ... I kept record at least of the Victorian regions .. here is an extract since August ...

01:04    200806    Whither
06:00    200812    Bingle
19:42    200824    Montrose Station
00:31    200828    Rousseau Park
20:34    200831    Wrentham Heights
17:08    200909    Overbight
18:20    200914    Barker
22:33    200917    Dollop
22:52    200922    Thomsgate
22:29    200925    Bellesford
19:53    201001    Wyllis
17:51    201002    Beedle

200824 means 24.th of August and 19:42 means 7:42 pm MY time which is 9 hours ahead of SLT so 10:42 am SLT.

There have been a FEW Loghome regions during that time which I did not note down but very few. Welham Charter and Brichester are the only ones I remember.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

And, apropo of nothing, I have a question I've always wondered about.  On the map, unbuilt regions show as blue.  Has anyone noticed that there are two slightly different shades of blue used for blank regions?  This is true all over the map, I believe, but in Belli the darker blue, being grouped around the edges of existing developments, SEEMS to suggest that they are destined to be ... something different than the other void regions.  I've drawn little corners around darker blue unbuilt regions below (the contrast is more visible on the actual inworld map).  Perhaps darker blue signifies they are targeted to eventually be all-water regions?  Just a guess. Anyone out there have an idea?

1967494107_darkerwater2.thumb.JPG.6ec282261d0a5c27c663462ccf5526b2.JPG

I do not think the subtle differences in the shades of blue in the non-region blocks mean anything at all, as they change from one to the other as you zoom in and out...or at least they do for me.  I think it is just a quirk with how the map is rendered.  

Edited by Matthieu Quander
  • Like 2

SSP2001-2040 was first noticed on May 3rd, I think.   In July it still sported the desert-ish texture it was first seen with, but now it is PURKLE! 

Under that purple screen, I am choosing to believe that the moles are now making the set of multi-region "tiles" (building blocks) for building out the theme after the Stilt Homes.  I've also assumed that the tiles for the Stilt Homes were created quite some time ago in the pink area.  Of course, no mole/Linden has yet chosen to respond to these assumptions :)

purkle.thumb.JPG.1df2197c77be5667c6e95aae8a616997.JPG

Speaking of moles, a colorful crowd is hard at work in SSPE1132 as I type.  On the holo horse is Dion Mole, who is new to me!  Itsa has brought a goat and other playful pals, and Mischievous has gone the smexy route.

dion2_001.thumb.jpg.98698d25575b8167df4c03d928c40cc6.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Spied on the map today....looks very much like a demo region - you can see some houseboats on there plus other houses. Maybe for the Winter Expo? With maybe the new themes....???? Some of the home shapes are like the new shapes on the Dev regions.  (My guesses aren't usually right though! lol).

SSPLOH_2020.JPG.1388bb773352f8a33eb7f3b2d808755c.JPG

Yah, that sure looks like a demo region!  They said that more houseboats would be released along with the stilt homes, so perhaps this is an example of how they might coexist on a region. At least it seems there will be SOME sort of demo region in a little over a month!  Christmas Expo opens on Dec. 4th. and I just saw its promo video, it is friggin' GORGEOUS, https://slchristmasexpo.com/  .  I don't think the video has anything to do with Linden Homes, tho I'm sure there are a lot of folks who would love to live wherever they built that set!     

The inland light blue areas in Evangeline's pic are interesting.  Prim water?  Snow?               

@Sylvia Tamalyn had the first pic of a stilt home in the thread about the previous demo region, it had blue pads under the homes that subsequently must have disappeared.  Maybe some of the square blue areas in Evangeline's pic are those? 

Will there be another theme introduced as well?  No way to tell, unless someone wants to decode the region name, SSPLOH.  Linden *something* Homes.  Hmm.  We have a lot of time to speculate, I suppose!

Snapshot_001.thumb.png.5720b79b9016c0371

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Spied on the map today....looks very much like a demo region - you can see some houseboats on there plus other houses. Maybe for the Winter Expo? With maybe the new themes....???? Some of the home shapes are like the new shapes on the Dev regions.  (My guesses aren't usually right though! lol).

SSPLOH_2020.JPG.1388bb773352f8a33eb7f3b2d808755c.JPG

Looks like the same region they used last year for the winter expo. They were essentially showing off the Linden Homes. There were 2 LH regions then, but may be 3 this year as we have more now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RitaCallisto said:

Looks like the same region they used last year for the winter expo. They were essentially showing off the Linden Homes. There were 2 LH regions then, but may be 3 this year as we have more now.

Looking inworld at SSPLOH, yes, it's pretty clear that the light blue parts are snow, and you are right, Rita, it does look like a layout from last year.  Actually, was that layout what they used for the resident-decorated demos too?

They have some single SSP regions still under a cover (SSPMBC, SSPCI, SSP1501x, SSPEC and of course the 2 Conspiracy regions) any one of which they could turn into a new theme introduction region, I suppose.  And there's also the old LH Dev regions, a few of which look empty enough for them to co-opt.  I guess it doesn't make sense to stalk uncovered regions looking for clues.  There's been no hint that they plan another theme introduction in addition to the stilts, so this Winter Expo could just feature a recap of known themes, I suppose.  Ah well. 

Maybe LL's waiting to see if November plunges the US into a state of civil war, in which case a small launch of a post-apocalyptic, "Wasteland"-themed version of LHs might be appropriate in the timeframe of Project Uplift completion.  I could add "lol" after that, but I just don't have the heart to do so.

At this moment, there are 4 people at work in the purple SSP2001-40 area.  I haven't noticed anyone working on pink SSP1501-1551 for at least a couple of months.

• Like 6

2 people working in SSPLOH today, 3 in SSP2001-2040, no one else in SSP land.

Significant progress on laying real railroad track!  Not showing on the map yet, but it now extends past the foot of Big Bird Lake, turns north and continues until the northern edge of SSP1172 (2 regions below Randelsham).  No signaling installed yet along these new tracks.  There are homes/parcels in the SSPE regions all along this route, though most are not landscaped yet.  There will be some with fantastic views along this route.

I notice a few more regions that are running on AWS, a few in Belli, some premium sandboxes, the Ivory Tower of Prims, the Berlin regions ... here and there.  There are many Linden regions that are NOT in the cloud, for example, Pyri Peak.

If they wanted a workout with decked-out avatars coming and going constantly, they would uplift some of the more popular merchants in the Happy Weekend event!

• Like 3