SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

@Nika Talaj  Work in Progress (Moonstruck) in SSPE1154 (south coast of LogLand).  Yes, that is a rock arch above the road.

257209969_WIPsspe1154_002.thumb.jpg.452995c9591120baa8b60e613112864d.jpg

Having played city-building games, blasting a hole through the hill that became the rock arch makes perfect sense, rather than building the road over it, as the angle would be too steep to hit the bridge properly.  Cool.

Edited by Rabid Cheetah
  • Like 7

The moles continue their buildout of LogLand's south coast.  They have turned the SE corner and are beginning to develop up the east coast.

After 3 superb recreational areas, we see this.

1580501427_logcoastal.JPG.fe690b9cc7a96881140e1c03ff9d824e.JPG

Correct me if wrong, but I think the 4 coastal cabins in SSPE1152 will be the only log cabins in existence with unobstructed ocean views, as well as ocean water in-region (making it possible to rez a boat on any parcel in the region and "jump" it to the open ocean).  They are high on a cliff, but that doesn't matter when jumping a boat.  There are no hills obstructing the water views.  So far it is just open ocean (just a fringe of actual water, then void regions), but who knows what may eventually appear off-shore!

As the moles continue up LogLand's east coast, there will be many opportunities for similar regions.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• Moles
On 8/29/2020 at 1:12 PM, Nika Talaj said:

The moles continue their buildout of LogLand's south coast.  They have turned the SE corner and are beginning to develop up the east coast.

After 3 superb recreational areas, we see this.

1580501427_logcoastal.JPG.fe690b9cc7a96881140e1c03ff9d824e.JPG

Correct me if wrong, but I think the 4 coastal cabins in SSPE1152 will be the only log cabins in existence with unobstructed ocean views, as well as ocean water in-region (making it possible to rez a boat on any parcel in the region and "jump" it to the open ocean).  They are high on a cliff, but that doesn't matter when jumping a boat.  There are no hills obstructing the water views.  So far it is just open ocean (just a fringe of actual water, then void regions), but who knows what may eventually appear off-shore!

As the moles continue up LogLand's east coast, there will be many opportunities for similar regions.

The reason those homes are able to have an unobstructed view is because they are on a region where the water level is not raised. The entire purpose of the hills being there (in fact the region as a whole) is for the purpose of blocking the "gap" in the water level you see looking out over the ocean (which is actually empty space on the grid) from a region where the water level is higher. "So why not have all the regions at sea level?" Because they are mountain homes, not beach homes. :)  Beach stilt homes are stilt to come. 🤭  🤪

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

On 8/31/2020 at 4:50 PM, Abnor Mole said:

The reason those homes are able to have an unobstructed view is because they are on a region where the water level is not raised. The entire purpose of the hills being there (in fact the region as a whole) is for the purpose of blocking the "gap" in the water level you see looking out over the ocean (which is actually empty space on the grid) from a region where the water level is higher. "So why not have all the regions at sea level?" Because they are mountain homes, not beach homes. :)  Beach stilt homes are stilt to come. 🤭  🤪

Yeah. And now we know where at least some of those stilted beauties will go. 🤭

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Claire Atheria said:

Wow those will be prime cabin locations!

Oh yah!  The blue one in this pic shall henceforth be known as "Nika's House"!  (Actually, I don't have any premium avies free, and don't plan to until Stilt Homes.  But ....)  You can just barely see Abnor's car in the pic by the dock, but he was nowhere in evidence.  It seems likely that a stairway and path will appear going from the dock up to the lighthouse, of course.  If you look really closely, you can see that the rocks are flattened a bit between the elbow of the path and Nika's House, hooray!  (Actually, if it were a little more isolated it would be a great house to auction for RFL.  I think it's situated on the lot so that a Grand View's front windows can look out onto whatever will be in the red circle.)  Note the blue patches in the water next to the dock and on the other side of the lighthouse.  These are called "waterway spacers", and I see how they make sense around the dock.  The one beyond the lighthouse is right up against the region border across from a very sheer cliff, and has me wondering.

873422239_SSPE1149lighthouse_002.thumb.jpg.f1ad84b746268c2976c6d62e0c992985.jpg

Meanwhile, elsewhere @Squeaky Mole is continuing to push on with laying rail track, now well into SSPE1461.  And at the end of the line down in SSPE1457, some log homes will have lively views with a new station!

741516842_SSPE1149lighthouse_004.thumb.jpg.509b91e353261a5c6e35ad640e90237c.jpg

Last but certainly not least, if you were wondering where @Abnor Mole got to, at this moment he is making some adjustments to a certain hideout, it appears.  He's looking considerably more buff than usual!

1488843105_SSPE1149lighthouse_001.thumb.jpg.2aea257651ac3996c9850d2afd0730e2.jpg

• Like 6

• Moles
4 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Last but certainly not least, if you were wondering where @Abnor Mole got to, at this moment he is making some adjustments to a certain hideout, it appears.  

Yeah... some resident decided to get cheeky with changing the urls on the media screens... so they don't work as web browsers anymore. 🙄

The blue spacers mark off a 25m limit from the region border to our content, so boats can use it as a waterway. We are also adding in public boat rezzing zones along the way. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

The pace of LogLand development recently has really picked up, and I found myself wondering if that indicates that the Stilt home release might happen sometime during this fall.   tl;dr version: personally, I'd be surprised if it happens before the end of the year.  Seems to me the moles could spend all of the fall finishing LogLand if need be, particularly since some of this team may be called upon to contribute to gridwide events this fall.

I think the last public update on Cloud Uplift was an Aug. 4th labgab, where Oz hazarded a date of the end of 2020 for completion.  I didn't get the impression that was cast in stone, but it is rare for an engineering team to pull in a date as completion nears.  It would be miraculous to do so in such stressful RL times.  I suppose it's not impossible that some new cloud-based regions will appear before Uplilft completion, but new theme releases are usually hundreds of regions, and I haven't heard that Patch has dropped the slightest hint about any theme release before Uplift is done.  Which makes sense.  It's nice to see Uplift spawning improvements like the Whoosh! region crossings before completion. 

I count 116 LogLand SSPE regions remaining at this moment.  Lets say roughly 20 of those will be purely recreational regions with no housing, and maybe 20 more of them might be completely done (totally winging it here), only final QA and naming remaining.  So as a guess, that would leave about 76 residential regions still needing work  A lot of them are coastal or railroad regions, which cuts down on the number of homes. And camming out on the map,  you can see that many of them already have parcels placed. Still, 76 regions is a lot of work.   Of course many recreational regions still need work too. 

Many of the newer LogLand regions are simply beautiful, and all are hand-built, no clones.  Hoppers who like cabins should be busy in the coming months!

And what of the new themes?  Up north in the old SSP area, this morning I see one person in the pink SSP1501-1551 area, and one person in the single hot pink region, SSPMBC. (More Better Campers?  Mole Building Competition?)  I've never noticed anyone working on the large land-textured area SSP2001-SSP2040, but tbh I haven't been checking much the last few months.

Edited by Nika Talaj
add link for Whoosh
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Has anyone noticed these new blue waterway spacer guide objects along the side of the east coast of the log homes continent ?

More water regions would be lovely. 

26663738_waterwayspacerguide_001.thumb.jpg.dadd46cf58203f4adcf5519ffed63ef8.jpg

1093853596_WaterNew.PNG.d6bc756c52ff82bfde838eaf8012ad96.PNG

Looks like the Moles are making more progress along the south coast (then heading up northwards) with new homes and new areas being built.

1607631650_SSPSouth.thumb.PNG.2a7bcc854950f11c2b6d6cd6201ab68b.PNG

Nice new lighthouse in SSPE1149. 

1891214031_YavaScriptPodStatonDurango_001.thumb.jpg.7466478fc68f982dd25058eda77cfc75.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Has anyone noticed these new blue waterway spacer guide objects along the side of the east coast of the log homes continent ?

26663738_waterwayspacerguide_001.thumb.jpg.dadd46cf58203f4adcf5519ffed63ef8.jpg

There were already few earlier posts about them. Like Abnor stated, they are used to check that there's wide enough waterway for boating along the coast.

On 9/4/2020 at 12:47 AM, Abnor Mole said:

The blue spacers mark off a 25m limit from the region border to our content, so boats can use it as a waterway. We are also adding in public boat rezzing zones along the way. 

• Thanks 2

On 8/31/2020 at 1:50 PM, Abnor Mole said:

So if the water level is set higher in the mountain regions, is that water restricted by your building software to be a maximum of 20 meters deep, or could you theoretically have water all the way from an elevation of 50 meters (or whatever it's set to, I forget) down to elevation zero?  A 70 meter deep inland lake?

Enjoying hearing about the building process.  🙂

• Moles
50 minutes ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

So if the water level is set higher in the mountain regions, is that water restricted by your building software to be a maximum of 20 meters deep, or could you theoretically have water all the way from an elevation of 50 meters (or whatever it's set to, I forget) down to elevation zero?  A 70 meter deep inland lake?

Enjoying hearing about the building process.  🙂

You tell me :) http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Firefly Ridge/242/2/49

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Countdown to Stilt Homes ------

It looks like about 15 SSPE regions have been named since I last checked (Vics and Log Homes).  I now see 111 Log Home SSPE regions unnamed.  There are just a few inland SSPE regions that look done, ready to name.  But by far the bulk of SSPE regions are coastal (counting the ones along Big Bird Lake as coastal), or have rail lines. 

I'd say 2/3 or so of the SSPE regions have parcels already placed, some have landscaping at least started.  The ones along LogLand's south coast are in various stages of (rapid) development.   LogLand's east coast is the only big block of completely undeveloped SSPE regions.  However, as I type this, Moonstruck (that parcel-planting dervish!) is starting up the east coast, now working in SSPE1141. 

In addition there are 7 unnamed (mostly) water regions. 

The moles are moving very fast, but that's a lot of regions.  I'd be surprised if they could be completed in two months, but even that would take us to early Nov., when US residents will probably need a week to either celebrate or mourn, depending on their politics and voter turnout!  So, could there be a Stilt Home release before Christmas?

No one knows, but I personally am still not inclined to think so.  Not unless we hear that Project Uplift will be done before the end of the year.

One person working in the pink SSP regions this morning, no one in the SSP2001-2049 area, or any of the scattered SSP regions up there.

I harbor a fugitive hope that LL will figure a way to make a small number of new regions in the cloud late in the year, before Uplift is done.  Then maybe Patch could snag a few for Belli and do a very creative thing with making a few Stilt Home regions available on the land page for short leases only, or RFL auction, or something.  He's a creative kind of guy.  But he can't do anything that would require any significant number of LL manhours while Uplift is still going, so maybe he'll find some other outlet for his creativity :) 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

One person working in the pink SSP regions this morning, no one in the SSP2001-2049 area, or any of the scattered SSP regions up there.

There's a gaggle of Moles (I assume) up on SSPMBC (I don't know what the collective noun for Moles is lol)...

SSPMBC.JPG.0a47900391f9fbb9c1a91d15d50c1628.JPG

I'd love to know what MBC means...Many buried corpses... Mole Bat Caves..Many build cabins...More bad cake...Moles being crazy....lol

Patch did say that the uplift would be completed late in the year, and that there would be the release of the stilt homes after (i.e end of this year) with quite possibly another theme too. So hopefully that's all still on track and we can look forward to some new homes soon.

EDIT - went to close the map and there's more!..Mole & Linden party!!! lol

913877769_SSPMBC_2.JPG.047d63631a6a0924f7a8c942c8f6c581.JPG

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
Added pic
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2