SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

14 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

Those regions still exist in a saved state. They are just offline to conserve resources until the cloud migration. No sneakiness involved. Simply nothing to see here (quite literally 😁).

Aw, you took the fun out of the speculation!

Bad Abnor!

Development pace in Belli is definitely picking up again.  Abnor has laid a lot of new train track, creating a long eastern extension to what Patch called the "Mountain LIne" in Logland (see Choo-Choo thread).  Log home placement along the northern extension, along the west side of Big Bird Lake south of SSPE1199, is proceeding.  Today, homes are also being placed in SSPE1202, a standalone region.  And the rapid development of SSPE1196 & 7 continues, with landscaping well along, and a team of moles working steadily.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 7/10/2020 at 4:39 PM, Nika Talaj said:

Development pace in Belli is definitely picking up again.  Abnor has laid a lot of new train track, creating a long eastern extension to what Patch called the "Mountain LIne" in Logland (see Choo-Choo thread).  Log home placement along the northern extension, along the west side of Big Bird Lake south of SSPE1199, is proceeding.  Today, homes are also being placed in SSPE1202, a standalone region.  And the rapid development of SSPE1196 & 7 continues, with landscaping well along, and a team of moles working steadily.

Log Homes Continent Railway Map - (V1.0)

103720839_RailwayLineE.PNG.de3c45e9b6c5b2b1dfdb7967b2570338.PNG

I have highlighted the train lines going through the expansion of the log homes with some station names. 

I love the new bridges being added :) 

SSPE1130

SSPE1130_001.thumb.jpg.d8ccc8b110f91b5b17111588521a8b3c.jpg

SSPE1190

SSPE1190_001.thumb.jpg.75b48a119385bd1972c259f94a38a5ce.jpg

SSPE1111

1131403913_NewrailwaylineuptoSSPE1111_001.thumb.jpg.c215f7f6a1252350cba34312a9b3dd1f.jpg

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Plenty of opportunities to watch Moles building today.  A crew is busily landscaping SSPE1202 (bemusedly watching trees pop in and move around as I type).  Seemingly overnight, SSPE1203 sprouted a cute pond with many waterside parcels. 

sspe1203.JPG.1d769ee73d001800f5ba0ca68d9c307b.JPG

Moonstruck is laying down roads and has a bunch of parcels floating on high up in SSPE1211 (Loon Lake).  Incidentally, she is wearing my more fashionable alt's favorite hair :)

• Like 7

I'm not sure if this relates to the SSP regions / bellisseria continent but over on the Second Life Beta grid i have discovered a huge mass of offline regions in the east which may come over the main grid in the near future. All these offline regions have interesting names. 

1540746600_BetaGrid-17thJuly2020.PNG.a309470b8e5ce46ab06f65f39ab58461.PNG

Located in the north east corner. 

1860126486_BetaGridMap-16thJuly2020.thumb.PNG.6d28e87efddeb0f3ce015668d791ae71.PNG

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Daniel Voyager said:

I'm not sure if this relates to the SSP regions / bellisseria continent but over on the Second Life Beta grid i have discovered a huge mass of offline regions in the east which may come over the main grid in the near future. All these offline regions have interesting names. 

Located in the north east corner. 

1860126486_BetaGridMap-16thJuly2020.thumb.PNG.6d28e87efddeb0f3ce015668d791ae71.PNG

Will you say this is north or south of the large LogLand area? I was in the Wood and Saltmarsh regions with a friend, and we wondered if StiltLand would come in the water there.

The edges of LogLand and the few Victorian regions are not finished there. It would look nice with a long bridge over to StiltLand.

I hope LL does not destroy StiltLand by making it a landmass with only 1/5 or less of the houses 100% and 50% over water, around the edges of the land. It should also be a few wide sailing routes through for larger ships, in addition to smaller passages.

With a minority of homes over water and half/half, it will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Will you say this is north or south of the large LogLand area? I was in the Wood and Saltmarsh regions with a friend, and we wondered if StiltLand would come in the water there.

The edges of LogLand and the few Victorian regions are not finished there. It would look nice with a long bridge over to StiltLand.

I hope LL does not destroy StiltLand by making it a landmass with only 1/5 or less of the houses 100% and 50% over water, around the edges of the land. It should also be a few wide sailing routes through for larger ships, in addition to smaller passages.

With a minority of homes over water and half/half, it will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Oooo! What are the names?

4 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

How is it that nobody seems to notice that it looks an awful lot like the Gaeta V continent? It looks so much like it, it MUST be it. 
And the few regions on the left match the ones on Corsica directly to the west of Gaeta V.

Why are they on the beta grid? Beats the snot out of me. I have a vague notion, but that is so much unsubstantiated speculation that I can't even share that without feeling ridiculous.
Second Life Marketplace - Gaeta 5 Map

Edited by Fritigern Gothly
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

How is it that nobody seems to notice that it looks an awful lot like the Gaeta V continent? It looks so much like it, it MUST be it. 
And the few regions on the left match the ones on Corsica directly to the west of Gaeta V.

Why are they on the beta grid? Beats the snot out of me. I have a vague notion, but that is so much unsubstantiated speculation that I can't even share that without feeling ridiculous.
Second Life Marketplace - Gaeta 5 Map

it could be that this will be the next test for the cloud uplift

Log Homes Continent Map Comparison - March 2020 vs July 2020

The Moles have done a great job in adding thousands of new Linden homes since the regions first arrived. The open space gaps are slowly getting smaller now. I think the log homes continent will be completed within the next 3 to 6 months. It will be interesting to see what the Moles plan to do with the coastlines and where the new upcoming LH themes will be placed once the move to the cloud is done. 

I can't wait for the new train line to be finished. 

The first batches of regions arrived back in March 2020.

• Regions appeared over time to form the new continent 

new-area-regions.png.7b07a1378e92d9f7c373cfcdbd7fc315.png

Back In Mid March 2020

• Limited amount of homes available 
  • Development was starting to take shape 
  • Access was starting to open up

905378706_March2020.png.aace792a13c8a3b0308d00d38bb2940e.png

As of 24th July 

• Thousands of new homes now built and more in the works 
  • New water / lake areas 
  • Coastlines ready to be built on
  • Railway tracks to be placed down very soon

186334016_LogHomesExtension.PNG.bbb1e8b722a6e797a9eb07e52d5ea6d6.PNG

Exciting times ahead hopefully. 

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 7

On 7/18/2020 at 5:25 AM, Milk Pixelmaid said:

sounds like a new theme... dark/sci-fi

I was thinking the same thing.

Looked at those names and immediately thought "Cannon" needs to be named "canon" so we can go there and have endless debates about Rey's Lightsaber skills and what 'true Klingons really look like' or how to perceive the Dune books written after Herbert passed away...

And that last Wheel of Time Novel... can't forget that...

Get a home on 'Canon' and rez a giant sign declaring "the last season of Game of Thrones was a Lie !!!" 😛

But instead we've got Cannon. Oh well... /drags sign behind feet while dejectedly walking away...

On 7/18/2020 at 2:09 PM, LoganPryor said:

Those are the Gaeta 5 regions - just look them up on the World Map  E.g. https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Starborn/128/128/2 and then zoom out

Oh boo... a correct answer. No fun for the thread there.

I kinda do want a plot of land in Cannon now though... O.o

Edited by Pussycat Catnap