SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

4 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Looks to me like a lot of water dotted with green land. If that's what it is, and there's another water theme coming that will be great! But SL maps always look different than they actually are to me:)

Remember, the stil homes will have to be put somewhere. The preview on SL17B Enchant shows a very condensed version of what they are planning. Some of these stil homes will be completely on dry land, others will be completely in the middle of open water, and yet others will be partially in water, partially on land.

The region seen in the pic would be perfect for stilt homes in water.

Here's a pic of SL17B Enchant, just for the heck of it 🙂

image.png.0521079ffec4a0f4db0901b7617cb6b7.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Remember, the stil homes will have to be put somewhere. The preview on SL17B Enchant shows a very condensed version of what they are planning. Some of these stil homes will be completely on dry land, others will be completely in the middle of open water, and yet others will be partially in water, partially on land.

The region seen in the pic would be perfect for stilt homes in water.

Perhaps, but I think what Daniel might have been suggesting that it could be the next theme that we don't know about yet - we know about the stilt homes - Patch suggested that two themes may be released when it happens at the end of the year, so this could possibly that theme (they have more than one theme in the works). I don't think it looks that much like the Demo (no signs of sand), but I could be wrong, because maps can be misleading sometimes.

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Perhaps, but I think what Daniel might have been suggesting that it could be the next theme that we don't know about yet - we know about the stilt homes - Patch suggested that two themes may be released when it happens at the end of the year, so this could possibly that theme (they have more than one theme in the works). I don't think it looks that much like the Demo (no signs of sand), but I could be wrong, because maps can be misleading sometimes.

For most of this year there have been no visual changes in terms of the pink SSP regions until this week. The grid survey has not picked up this region yet which is interesting. 

It is too early to tell whats going on but I do look at all development areas every week or so on the map. I have been doing that since the first SSP regions appeared on the grid a few years ago. 

It does appear now the Moles are working and building new homes around the empty water areas within the new expansion. 

1559252440_Waterareas.PNG.277d3cdcd1c8edbb854c6e36e901c9da.PNG

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Sshhhhh! Don't say that they might hide it again :)

Looks to me like a lot of water dotted with green land. If that's what it is, and there's another water theme coming that will be great! But SL maps always look different than they actually are to me:)

Seven hours later and it is hidden in pink again. And there are two avis there. Also, there is a rectangle of sand located just below the pink area.

1882611034_Newexpansion3rdJuly2020.PNG.80e6b5abc6f5d653dbc14dce31d58d0a.PNG

Map - 3rd July 2020 

Here are just some of the new areas being built now by the Lindens and the Moles on the far east expansion. More new Linden homes releasing very soon. 

It seems the focus at the moment is around the water lakes and green spaces. 

2022639300_NewArea.PNG.472a703eaa9bbc698555775d9b92fff2.PNG

678260468_Newhomes2.PNG.ac5874b409aa093e3c7e843bab769771.PNG

271624145_Newarea3.PNG.e0e49fa44f5bcbe0944dcd4e97554b78.PNG

Map as of 3rd July 2020

744577412_BelliseriaContinentb3rdJuly2020.PNG.be3c1d14f7d14acbfc04156ddfe80f42.PNG

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

New railway track being put down starts here in East Randolph and then it rejoins with some track at SSPE1175. Just follow the green line inworld or on the map which goes right though the centre of the expansion continent up northwards. 

492123675_LDPW-RailroadTrack_001.thumb.jpg.4e5912914127026ab8be86309168f8c9.jpg

Railway.thumb.PNG.9e316ec106fb530a3372382d3eaeb55f.PNG

The end of the line for now in SSPE1188. 

806313322_LDPW-RailroadTrack_002.thumb.jpg.3dc2a989ebd6e4e847061305c69efe7d.jpg

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

The SSPMBC region has just changed colour on the right side of SSP1501x. 

SSP.PNG.47f3cdb585e1f135b2fef0561418e2b2.PNG

The pink SSP regions and the other closed regions are located below. 

1580045882_SSParea2.PNG.be0c88d4650da076ded4c34642752b99.PNG

Bellisseria Expansion Map Comparison - March 2020 vs July 2020

The Moles and Lindens are making good progress in building new Linden homes and new interesting areas. It seems they are working in the central parts of the continent working outwards. There is still a long way to go until the new continent expansion is completed. 

Work did slow down due to the Second Life 17th birthday celebrations. I think work has now resumed on the new continent expansion. It will be interesting to see how the new upcoming Linden Home themes will fit into all of this. I would imagine the new regions will be added on the far east side or maybe south eastwards. 

March 2020

logs-continent-.png.e55a638834a44e2de9cb3b2a51eb3e89.png

July 2020

1296310749_Newexpansion3rdJuly2020.PNG.c9a0a2b481a702f0113b6a2087f21d4b.PNG

Belliseria Continent b 3rd July 2020.PNG

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• Moles
On 7/5/2020 at 9:28 AM, Daniel Voyager said:

The SSPMBC region has just changed colour on the right side of SSP1501x. 

SSP.PNG.47f3cdb585e1f135b2fef0561418e2b2.PNG

I wonder if I should give Abnor a script to change the colour of those squares to a new one, the colour values generated at random, every 24 hours.

• Like 3
  • Haha 12

• Moles

Me: *changes the color to "hazy shade of winter"*
Everyone: The Bangles!... Bengals?... TIGERS!... Tiger King?... Kings and Queens... QUEEN!!! Obviously the next theme must be based on the music video for "Radio Ga Ga". 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Either I am the first to mention this, or I have missed it being mentioned before, but I just spotted 40 new (or new to me) sandy regions below the pink hidden regions.

The regions are named SSP2001 through SSP2040

image.png.22560bbf51b7d3d7eca0e88423447c8e.png

BTW, while clicking around on the world map near the visible SSP regions, I notice loads of hidden SSP regions, like SSP9, SSP379, SSP1028 and many, many more. These regions seem to be hidden under blue prims so that they escape our prying eyes. Hmmm.... Bad, bad Moles 🙂

Edited by Fritigern Gothly
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

... Continuing with my exploration of the map and my fondness of speculation...

It is known that part of LDPW's long term plans is to connect all the continents. But there is one problem. There are two groups of continents and they are too far away to connect.

Or are they?

I have liked the shape of Belliseria, AKA the pickle-eating dragon. And then the southern part was added, connecting Sansara to Jeogeot via Bellisseria (yes, there was a channel before, but this is different)
And then the "growth" got added which added space for some more victorians and a bunch of log homes. This "growth" (I really don't know if it has a name yet or not) seemed to grown into a particular direction and that's when it clicked for me. Like the Victorian area of South Belliserria, this is a part of Bellisseria which is going to be used to connect the group of Heterocea, Sansara, Belliseria and Jeogeot to the group of Satori, Nautilus, Corsica and Gaeta V with possibly Gaeta I connected to Corsica some day (it's close enough for a channel or to harbor a group of regions with a Linden home or two... hundred)

Below is a super crude drawing of what I think might happen in the next few months as more regions are added to the "growth" (click to enlarge).

image.png.023d79462abf542882c0428b57d91f70.png

For those not/less familiar with the continents not (yet) connected to Belliseria (click to enlarge):
image.png.cbc088541c23ecfb63622dc8ec698a48.png

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Continuing with my exploration of the map and my fondness of speculation...

It is known that part of LDPW's long term plans is to connect all the continents. But there is one problem. There are two groups of continents and they are too far away to connect.

Well Patch did say "where applicable" or "realistic" or something to that.   I don't think there are enough long range sailing folks to justify a lot of empty water --- unless of course they eventually fill that in with more Linden Homes.  Who knows what the map will look like in five years. 

2 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Well Patch did say "where applicable" or "realistic" or something to that.   I don't think there are enough long range sailing folks to justify a lot of empty water --- unless of course they eventually fill that in with more Linden Homes.  Who knows what the map will look like in five years. 

You appear to have not read, or ignored the remainder of my post. Rather disappointing, really.

Edited by Fritigern Gothly
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Either I am the first to mention this, or I have missed it being mentioned before, but I just spotted 40 new (or new to me) sandy regions below the pink hidden regions.

The regions are named SSP2001 through SSP2040

BTW, while clicking around on the world map near the visible SSP regions, I notice loads of hidden SSP regions, like SSP9, SSP379, SSP1028 and many, many more. These regions seem to be hidden under blue prims so that they escape our prying eyes. Hmmm.... Bad, bad Moles 🙂

Yes, SSP2001 etc. were I think first posted about on May 3. 

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/426577-ssp/page/175/?tab=comments#comment-2108222

They haven't changed one bit, to my eyes.  I cannot locate SSP9, 379, etc., though I've clicked around where I think they SHOULD be.  They are not findable by typing in their names.  I see SSP1, SSP605, and the upper fringe of QA regions, but not those you mention as possibly under blue prims.  Can you point out where they are?

/me glances around Belli, notes incremental progress to SSPE regions happily,  thinks maybe nothing released today, yawns, and goes off to watch Lincoln Project videos.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I cannot locate SSP9, 379, etc., though I've clicked around where I think they SHOULD be.  They are not findable by typing in their names.  I see SSP1, SSP605, and the upper fringe of QA regions, but not those you mention as possibly under blue prims.  Can you point out where they are?

They are to the left of the pink regions and a few are above them. I have found them on https://maps.secondlife.com/ but I did not try and see if I could find them on the in-world map.

image.png.5dd91eca427c32dd91cacf212956b034.png

image.thumb.png.5891ea0a25c4c56d94fb49d65e309fdb.png

image.png.9083d09095e983db1c2f69331a3d7c79.png

image.thumb.png.da3379afc0e3f4b620a8e240cc394e0a.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

They are to the left of the pink regions and a few are above them. I have found them on https://maps.secondlife.com/ but I did not try and see if I could find them on the in-world map.

Ooohh, super sleuthing! :) I can confirm the region numbers appear when you click on the map in a browser, but nothing shows inworld. There are a bunch of such regions around 1030. I don't know enough about how the map system works to work out if these are actual regions in place or not. Is there a way LL can hide regions from inworld map view? If not, then they don't make much sense. If so, that's sneakily clever of them!:) I do miss the earlier days of being able to see land being added and built on for the homes on the map and trying to guess what was going on.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

I do miss the earlier days of being able to see land being added and built on for the homes on the map and trying to guess what was going on.

Me too. I guess we guessed correctly once too often, thus ruining the surprise.

Or perhaps (some of) the Moles got badgered to reveal what those odd shapes were that were seen on the map.

Or, and this is an even more real possibility, people got their panties in a knot because regions were being cloned (sometimes only to see if an idea would work) and these people went off the deep end about it. So to avoid that drama, the regions under development are now being hidden.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Ooohh, super sleuthing! :) I can confirm the region numbers appear when you click on the map in a browser, but nothing shows inworld. There are a bunch of such regions around 1030. I don't know enough about how the map system works to work out if these are actual regions in place or not. Is there a way LL can hide regions from inworld map view? If not, then they don't make much sense. If so, that's sneakily clever of them!:) I do miss the earlier days of being able to see land being added and built on for the homes on the map and trying to guess what was going on.

It was a lot of fun seeing the new regions appear, but now that there is so much cloning I can understand that they need to keep something back as a surprise. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1