SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

On 4/20/2020 at 10:47 AM, Nika Talaj said:

Wild speculation time!

...  The pink zone has stayed the same in the last couple of weeks; I haven't noticed anyone working there.  Pink .. hmmmm.  October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, and we know how tied in Patch's team is to the ACS.  Could this be a new theme for October?

You know, it is hard not to love mermaids, isn't it?  The Safe Waters Foundation has always been a huge proponent of cancer awareness in SL.  I continue to hope for an aquatic theme sometime.  Make what you will of these seemingly disconnected statements.

Yes, it's such bad form to quote oneself!  But I remembered something that relates to what I was suggesting here ... one of the early log home pictures.  I said it at the time, and I'm saying it again:  who's that in the water?  Is that a mermaid?

Time for a stretch!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sakura Sands said:

It really looks like a mermaid, doesn't it...unusual detail to add if it isn't relevant...

There is also what looks like a furry in the pic (sorry, don’t have my glasses so can’t make out details) so maybe a more fantasy/alternative vibe for the next homes.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Tamara Adored said:

There is also what looks like a furry in the pic (sorry, don’t have my glasses so can’t make out details) so maybe a more fantasy/alternative vibe for the next homes.

I think that may be Squeaky Mole in the ivy?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The curved wood beams in the train station!  *dies*

I really, really hope that the landscaping in the portions of the unbuilt SSPE regions that aren't going to host homes (narrow spits of land etc.) is as lush as Randelsham looks in these pics!  Lovely!  (haven't been able to visit yet)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

This Randelsham Forest region is the most beautiful one among all the log house regions.

So far! 

Let's look at SSPE1188, just north of Randelsham.  Randelsham's train track ends on top of a butte, 69m high.  Across the water, maybe 50 or so meters away, there is ANOTHER butte, also 69m high.  The water here is an inlet of (what I call) Big Bird Lake (the long central lake that Coby explored in the post right before this one). 

Incidentally, stunning pic Coby!

1251508407_randleshamtrain_001.png.739c1289cd505ce3e4bcac4158a354f2.png

My alt got a parcel in Yew Betcha yesterday, right on the cute little lake, water on 2 sides.  She tells me, tho, that I should have let it go and kept trying for a home right near where the road passes into SSPE1188.  There isn't enough space for a cabin there, and should the moles site an epic trestle bridge there, oh, the view!  There is plenty of space for homes in SSPE1188, right beyond where the road will be.  I bet that when the SSPE regions are built out, there will be some amazing parcels. with rez zones all along Big Bird Lake.

813964950_randleshamtrain_003.thumb.png.c4bdc1a6156e62fd7ee78ad380650ce2.png

• Like 10

WATCH THE SKIES.  WE ARE NOT ALONE.

76310868_DevilsTower.thumb.png.fc6a113869ccdc30a0162a48dc69c7ee.png

On East Bellisseria, I found a replica of the real-world Devil's Tower monument. At its top, there's a little nod to the "Close Encounters Of The Third Kind" movie, which should be understood by anyone who's seen it.

Location: The four corners of Porridge Pot, Whistlers Well, Birch Hill, and Soft Meadow regions.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 4/29/2020 at 10:35 AM, Coby Foden said:

One image more from http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Randelsham Forest/88/208/51
I sailed all the way through the long winding inland lake with my small tug boat. I saw no other boaters there.
This Randelsham Forest region is the most beautiful one among all the log house regions.

2020-04-29_Randelsham-Forest.thumb.jpg.14f136f50ef303aa51191699eee17fb8.jpg

My house is along the narrow stretch, so I can rez on my land and move the boat onto the water. So far I've used a sailboat, 40m long paddle wheeler, a couple of power boats, and a submarine to go up and down that lake. Smaller boats can extend their trip by taking the canal that goes to one of the long oval lakes in adjoining regions.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

WATCH THE SKIES.  WE ARE NOT ALONE.

76310868_DevilsTower.thumb.png.fc6a113869ccdc30a0162a48dc69c7ee.png

On East Bellisseria, I found a replica of the real-world Devil's Tower monument. At its top, there's a little nod to the "Close Encounters Of The Third Kind" movie, which should be understood by anyone who's seen it.

Location: The four corners of Porridge Pot, Whistlers Well, Birch Hill, and Soft Meadow regions.

Thank you SarahKB7 Koskinen! Enjoyed meeting with you and ʀᴀʜʙɪᴛ ᴘᴜss ᴘᴜss™ (devinknights84) up on the Devil's Tower. Sarah provided an impromptu concert. (Can you tell I was so excited I forgot to push up my graphics setting?!)

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Birch Hill/3/253/109

1237020431_EleanorPortraitApril2020_003.png.6d9ba3c54c9e21deb51f7c6c16c98f02.png

Edited by Eleanor Anderton
  • Like 3

On 4/29/2020 at 9:35 AM, Coby Foden said:

One image more from http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Randelsham Forest/88/208/51
I sailed all the way through the long winding inland lake with my small tug boat. I saw no other boaters there.

2020-04-29_Randelsham-Forest.thumb.jpg.14f136f50ef303aa51191699eee17fb8.jpg

That little boat is too cute! Who is the creator, please? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

The boat is: Bandit Bambino
Creator: Analyse Dean
Shop: The Mesh Shop - Bandit
Inworld shop: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dutch Harbor/40/156/22
(It's a big shop, the landmark points to the location of the boat vendor.)

I was just getting ready to ask the same question. Thank you...and heads out to shop for boats.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

Shop: The Mesh Shop - Bandit
Inworld shop: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dutch Harbor/40/156/22
(It's a big shop, the landmark points to the location of the boat vendor.)

Thank you! I wondered if it might be Bandit, but didn't see it on MP. I love that shop and it is definitely big. On my way to have a look now. :) 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

I've got that boat as well. It's small enough to use on the rivers in my own region, but it takes some practice to get it to turn quickly enough. Except for a very old sailboat, I think all of my boats are from Bandit. 

• Like 4