Jump to content

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, Moxie Fang said:

But how long will it take for the new land to be put in place? And will the final result make it worth the wait?  What if a great water plot is missed? Only, what 2K new log homes left? 

I will just have to chew the rest of my nails off while I ponder this  problem. 😬

And I remind myself, given all that's going on lately, this really isn't such a big problem after all.

Honestly, it sounds to me like you aren't all that attached to your current location, and since your highest priority is to try to be near water, I'd vote for getting back into the game now while there are plenty of cabins still being released. The odds that the current view keeps its "ocean" appearance are very small, IMO. (I caught one on a sim edge just like that, and threw it back, for this very reason.)

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can answer this. The main focus of Linden Homes is the homes themselves. One of the main features is that the home does not count against your parcel prim count. That cost is absorbed by the main pa

Here are the locations we've added rezzing zone parcels:  Boat Rezzing Zones (Basically, look for a lighthouse ) : http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Plafil Waters/14/138/21 http://maps.second

We've decided to delay releasing any campers or trailers at the moment, for obvious reasons, until hurricane Jorge passes.     In other news, our newklear operations are at fully r

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Honestly, it sounds to me like you aren't all that attached to your current location, and since your highest priority is to try to be near water, I'd vote for getting back into the game now while there are plenty of cabins still being released. The odds that the current view keeps its "ocean" appearance are very small, IMO. (I caught one on a sim edge just like that, and threw it back, for this very reason.)

Yuppers. That's just what I did, let it go. Back to the find water quest. Not trusting that this may remain water. I'll just have to kick myself in the butt if that's the case. (Ouch!)

Thanks for all the comments everybody!

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Moxie Fang said:

Yuppers. That's just what I did, let it go. Back to the find water quest. Not trusting that this may remain water. I'll just have to kick myself in the butt if that's the case. (Ouch!)

Thanks for all the comments everybody!

tenor.gif

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

14 hours ago, Moxie Fang said:

Greetings to all you SSP knowledgeable people. I need some feedback.

I scored what I thought was an amazing ocean front Log Cabin in Chuckle Pond. WOW! Then I realized there is no ocean in Log Cabin Land.  

Who knows what the heck the Belli Masters may put next to me. What would you do if water front was your priority? Keep and see? (And maybe waste time.) Or release?

 

My understanding is when things are finished no Log Cabin will ever have a true ocean view - the subcontinent will be ringed with mountains.

Edited by Theresa Tennyson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Moxie Fang said:

But how long will it take for the new land to be put in place? And will the final result make it worth the wait?  What if a great water plot is missed? Only, what 2K new log homes left? 

I will just have to chew the rest of my nails off while I ponder this  problem. 😬

And I remind myself, given all that's going on lately, this really isn't such a big problem after all.

EDIT: For some reason, I did not see that you had abandoned....

----- Removed -----

And even if it is much going on in the world, we are still allowed to want a cabin by the water.... 😇

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Moxie Fang said:

But how long will it take for the new land to be put in place? And will the final result make it worth the wait?  What if a great water plot is missed? Only, what 2K new log homes left? 

I will just have to chew the rest of my nails off while I ponder this  problem. 😬

And I remind myself, given all that's going on lately, this really isn't such a big problem after all.

Well, I have waited for almost 12 months to get my ideal plot by a lake, and to me it has been worthy because I have had a great time while waiting.... despite the actual heartbreaking situation in my country, which is out of my control, just my attitude when facing it 😊

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Got an abandon in Alotta Woods today, and noticed the neighboring SSPE region was having houses set in(cabins of course on the side with the cabins).
image.png.964f17cb7e0e17c26283b42a7bbd4a21.png

Could this mark the beginning of the remaining SSPE region population?

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Loving watching the daily development between the Victorian and Log Cabin areas.  Will be interesting to see what happens to the development of the SSPE areas surrounding the larger interior water bodies.

sak_027 (2).png

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wild speculation time!

PinkTheme.thumb.JPG.65a36f4a225c85f3a111f7aef93f6e2f.JPG

The pink zone has stayed the same in the last couple of weeks; I haven't noticed anyone working there.  Pink .. hmmmm.  October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, and we know how tied in Patch's team is to the ACS.  Could this be a new theme for October?

You know, it is hard not to love mermaids, isn't it?  The Safe Waters Foundation has always been a huge proponent of cancer awareness in SL.  I continue to hope for an aquatic theme sometime.  Make what you will of these seemingly disconnected statements.

There are 4 people up in SSP Conspiracy III, moving around quite a lot there.  Drag races?  Quidditch match?  Train QA?

Someone has been up in SSP83X this morning.  Fingers crossed for a fix to the double-rezzing log homes!

Someone has also been up in Glambuild this morning.  4 days until Fantasy Faire opens, where presumably a very special log home will be auctioned.  Again, make of those disconnected (wink) statements what you will.

 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Fingers crossed for a fix to the double-rezzing log homes!

We fixed those last week, or I hope we did.

If anyone still has a double-rezzed log home, they should be able to remove it simply by rezzing a new house using the house controller.   That should remove both old log homes now, before replacing them with a new one.

If anyone still has a double-rezzed home after that, please open a support ticket (don't contact me direct this time, please), but I'd be surprised if it's still an issue.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

We fixed those last week, or I hope we did.

It happened to me on Saturday around noon SLT.   It was a new parcel to me.  I think I changed houses successfully twice, then it glitched.  But I suppose it's possible that it was already glitched when I got it and I didn't notice.  Waited, changed houses again a couple times trying to get it to unglitch.  Waited for 15 minutes, tried it again, no luck.  Dottie was on Live Chat and fixed it up in a jiffy.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

It happened to me on Saturday around noon SLT.   It was a new parcel to me.  I think I changed houses successfully twice, then it glitched.  But I suppose it's possible that it was already glitched when I got it and I didn't notice.  Waited, changed houses again a couple times trying to get it to unglitch.  Waited for 15 minutes, tried it again, no luck.  Dottie was on Live Chat and fixed it up in a jiffy.

You'd have noticed if it was glitched from the start.

Since you were able to use the rezzer successfully before things went wrong, that tells me that, whatever the problem was, it wasn't the original "double houses" bug.    If it had been, the original house would never have been removed, so you'd always have had two houses there.

Sounds to me as if maybe the old house was simply ghosted.   That happens sometimes for no obvious reason -- it's clearly a breakdown in communication between the simulator and the resident's CPU, but what causes it is a mystery, at least to me.

Glad Dottie was able to fix it.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

LL has plugged the hole in the north between VictoriBelle and LogLand :)    The 'mountain range' continues into it, so the simplest assumption to make is that there will be Victorians to the west of the mountains, and cabins to the east.  But we will have to see.

The new land is clearly visible from Saltmarsh's rez zone on the little island.  I wish I had kept my houseboat there, lol!

1373686570_newland.JPG.ff305e51989239cd9581c3cc08ad7891.JPG

  • Thanks 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

LOOKEEE LOOKEEE LOOKEEE!!!!

Where the Randelsham Tree House community center will be!  YAAAAAYYYYYY!

I only noticed it because my lurking hopping scout hangs out next to it, lol.

randelsham.JPG.ff89840ab4826291fa03bea92efd7c75.JPG

 

p.s.  The treehouse is not there yet, bare land.

Edited by Nika Talaj
spelling
  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

LOOKEEE LOOKEEE LOOKEEE!!!!

Where the Randelsham Tree House community center will be!  YAAAAAYYYYYY!

I only noticed it because my lurking hopping scout hangs out next to it, lol.

randelsham.JPG.ff89840ab4826291fa03bea92efd7c75.JPG

Interesting, I had thought it'd be on the island at 1171... but oh yay I am looking forward to the tree house!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

You say potato, I say potahto ....

Randlesham Forest?  Rendlesham Forest ?

Whichever, I'm all for twinkling lights in the forest, and of course UFOs.  I live at the base of the Devil's Tower, after all.

I was wondering if there was any link to the RL Rendlesham forest what with the conspiracy regions up in the original SSP area (there's a conspiracy what was seen wasn't of alien/UFO origin but the light from a lighthouse) could it be the location for a "Bellissarea 51”

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2020 at 1:47 PM, Nika Talaj said:

You know, it is hard not to love mermaids, isn't it?  The Safe Waters Foundation has always been a huge proponent of cancer awareness in SL.  I continue to hope for an aquatic theme sometime

I think it would be super clever of the Moles to design a combo underwater/sky region.  you have your little plot of land that extends forever vertically.  Half the home options could be mer-themed, coral caves or sunken ships or sealabs.. and the other half could be fancy floating islands above the clouds.  That would leave huge spaces of open water and airspace for boats and planes to travel, a really cool floating city in the sky (fantasy but out of view, keeping Belli aesthetically in theme), and a bounty of underwater adventure for the mer community.  A Win-Win-Win!

SL Aquatic Triptych.jpg

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kelli Voom said:

I think it would be super clever of the Moles to design a combo underwater/sky region.  you have your little plot of land that extends forever vertically.  Half the home options could be mer-themed, coral caves or sunken ships or sealabs.. and the other half could be fancy floating islands above the clouds.  That would leave huge spaces of open water and airspace for boats and planes to travel, a really cool floating city in the sky (fantasy but out of view, keeping Belli aesthetically in theme), and a bounty of underwater adventure for the mer community.  A Win-Win-Win!

SL Aquatic Triptych.jpg

nothing stops people in SL from rezzing prim islands above their water space. they will do it...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies if this has already been noted (I do try to keep up with this thread!), but I have not noticed these red boxes before. They seem bigger than the usual, but that could of course be my imagination. 

ETA: On closer look, if the boxes just mark parcels instead of buildings as I was thinking, then they are pretty normal. Still, I don't think I've seen this set before.

 

Screen Shot 2020-04-25 at 11.07.35 AM.png

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Apologies if this has already been noted (I do try to keep up with this thread!), but I have not noticed these red boxes before. They seem bigger than the usual, but that could of course be my imagination. 

ETA: On closer look, if the boxes just mark parcels instead of buildings as I was thinking, then they are pretty normal. Still, I don't think I've seen this set before.

 

The parcel markers contain a script several hundred lines long and do a great deal more than simply indicate where parcel boundaries are.    Solid red ones  have been rezzed out on the ground but are not yet activated and registered with the LDPW communications systems.    Solid ones of other colours are registered as part of the system but are not yet turned on.

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

The parcel markers contain a script several hundred lines long and do a great deal more than simply indicate where parcel boundaries are.    Solid red ones  have been rezzed out on the ground but are not yet activated and registered with the LDPW communications systems.    Solid ones of other colours are registered as part of the system but are not yet turned on.

Thanks, Quartz! I will have to watch to see what color they turn next. :) 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...