Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

We keep this up and the sim load will be  worse than the first few hours of Fameshed. Collabor88 or Uber!

 

Edited to add, darn, I  was logged out...did that region restart too?

 

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Riding off into the sunset" ....  gorgeous shot, somehow an air of sadness about it, though.   I guess all artists sometimes feel a touch of sadness when they hand their creations over to the public?

And, also, I hope all is OK in Patch's world.

Two pics in one day ... the pace quickens ...

49722137827_7233910f09_b.jpg

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

"Riding off into the sunset" ....  gorgeous shot, somehow an air of sadness about it, though.   I guess all artists sometimes feel a touch of sadness when they hand their creations over to the public?

And, also, I hope all is OK in Patch's world.

Two pics in one day ... the pace quickens ...

49722137827_7233910f09_b.jpg

 

 

Yes, riding off in to the sunset gives a sense of finality like a chapter is coming to a close.  Also two pics within close succession.  I think our wait is about to come to an end ❤️

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Sakura Sands said:

Yes, riding off in to the sunset gives a sense of finality like a chapter is coming to a close.  Also two pics within close succession.  I think our wait is about to come to an end ❤️

 

Or.... 

And this may not even be a stretch...

Patch may be setting us up for an April fool's joke!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I was logged in yesterday, and tried to zoom in close on the map, on the coast of the Log regions.

To my eyes, it looked like there are a mountain range following close to the coast, and no homes with sea view. Can others say if they see the same, or is it me?

These mountains circle the finished southern coast and up the east side... It has to be a deliberate choice. Is it to be sure all log homes has the mountain/inland environment? Or is it to cut down on the abandons? As it is today, us who play the Game of Houses prefer a coastal home. Yes, it is a few exceptions. Maybe I should say the majority of us.

If there is no houses with sea view, people will not keep on abandoning houses to get those desirable spots. It is simply no one.

Edit: I can't wait to zoom into the regions. And walk in.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

I was logged in yesterday, and tried to zoom in close on the map, on the coast of the Log regions.

To my eyes, it looked like there are a mountain range following close to the coast, and no homes with sea view. Can others say if they see the same, or is it me?

These mountains circle the finished southern coast and up the east side... It has to be a deliberate choice. Is it to be sure all log homes has the mountain/inland environment? Or is it to cut down on the abandons? As it is today, us who play the Game of Houses prefer a coastal home. Yes, it is a few exceptions. Maybe I should say the majority of us.

If there is no houses with sea view, people will not keep on abandoning houses to get those desirable spots. It is simply no one.

Edit: I can't wait to zoom into the regions. And walk in.

Personally I never thought of coastal views for the log cabins.  I just figured mountains and lakes/rivers and lots of trees.  I agree that one side looks like it won't have a costal view,  more like mountains to separate the vics from the log homes.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, karynmaria said:

Personally I never thought of coastal views for the log cabins.  I just figured mountains and lakes/rivers and lots of trees.  I agree that one side looks like it won't have a costal view,  more like mountains to separate the vics from the log homes.

I like the open view over the sea. A lake of some size would give the same feeling. When I look at the map from a distance, only larger lakes is visible. When I zoom out and can see whole Bellisseria, I can barely see a lake in the Victorian area. But I know there are smaller ponds there. The camper/trailer area has many large lakes that is visible. The same with the island that has regions like Permaglow, Sario, Gentle Grove.

When you see the region south of Precious Wilds in the Log Cabin continent (SSPE1158), it has this tall mountain ridge between land and beach.   This region does not have a name and no vegetation or houses. The same goes for the whole coast. So I wonder if this is going to be a buffer between the sea and the cabins. Maybe a recreational area.

The edges of the big inland lake in the Log Cabin continent has unnamed regions, no vegetation or homes also.

Well, what else can I do, than come up with ideas and guess this or that? I do not bother to camp in the nearest open region.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another theory... a trek or road that circles around the whole Log Cabin continent?  In the unnamed/ not developed coastal regions?They work on this after the houses are released?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

At once when we were able to enter the log house regions I went to check the water level in the lakes. Well, the water surface is at 50 meters in the lakes, whereas in the sea it is 20 meters. Thus, navigable connection of these lakes to the sea will not be possible ever. I must say that I'm rather disappointed that they did it this way. 😒 😢

Also there will be no view out to the sea from log houses. The coastline has high hills which will block the view.

Edited by Coby Foden
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

At once when we were able to enter the log house regions I went to check the water level in the lakes. Well, the water surface is at 50 meters in the lakes, whereas in the sea it is 20 meters. Thus, navigable connection of these lakes to the sea will not be possible ever. I must say that I'm rather disappointed that they did it this way. 😒 😢

Also there will be no view out to the sea from log houses. The coastline has high hills which will block the view.

Perhaps they raised the water level to compensate for their water glitch. When they fix it, they can lower the water. Thus the empty land around the continent would be under water.

But the houses near likes will be flooded. Lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

Perhaps they raised the water level to compensate for their water glitch. When they fix it, they can lower the water. Thus the empty land around the continent would be under water.

But the houses near likes will be flooded. Lol!

There would be no water glitch if the lakes water surface would be at 20 meters. Just like the sea water level is at 20 meters. The exact reason why there is water glitch is because the lake and sea water surfaces are not in the same level - lake water surface at 50 meters, sea water surface at 20 meters. There is no known fix for this different water levels issue.

They cannot raise sea water level because it would break many existing regions. If they lower the lakes water level then all water would be below the ground. No lakes would be seen in log house regions. The only fix would be lowering all log house regions (and everything in them) by 30 meters and then set the water level at 20 meters. But it's too late now to do it as regions are being released by now. This is why I wonder why they set the lake water level at 50 meters. After all, they were aware of the different water levels glitch.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It is totally pointless to have different water levels, there they blowed the dream about a river through the Log land and to the sea... for sailing. 😢😥

Can anyone can say why they choose to set the lake water and ground as they did? I mean, I understand that the ship has sailed now. All the content can't be moved. But why do it like this from the start? It is so pointless. Pointless and annoying.

EDIT: I read Abnor Moles answer in another thread. It is an answer. Ok, I let dead the horse lie there. I will not argue... I understand LL decides and Moles do. I let it be.

Edited by Marianne Little

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

It is totally pointless to have different water levels, there they blowed the dream about a river through the Log land and to the sea... for sailing. 😢😥

Can anyone can say why they choose to set the lake water and ground as they did? I mean, I understand that the ship has sailed now. All the content can't be moved. But why do it like this from the start? It is so pointless. Pointless and annoying.

EDIT: I read Abnor Moles answer in another thread. It is an answer. Ok, I let dead the horse lie there. I will not argue... I understand LL decides and Moles do. I let it be.

 

We decide as a team, and that's what we decided.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2020 at 3:20 PM, Jadziyah said:

We've got all the essentials covered

Snapshot_249.thumb.jpg.d13910b55fd5354f0cfd1f70f83a225a.jpg

Are you all social distancing?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today they've opened up the SSPE regions in LogLand so we can visit them *dances*.  Just land at present, will be interesting to see what transpires.  There are some roads poking out into these areas from named regions, so presumably some homes will be placed, but perhaps some parklands as well?  Seems like there are real opportunities for WATERFALLS along that big central lake and mountains!

2009857575_LogLandlongview.thumb.png.7fb1866e2254ceb0d9b31cf3991cbaca.png

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The SSPE regions connecting the Log Homes and the Victorians are now open. There is nothing but open terrain as of yet, but I am very interested to see how the victorian to log home transition will look, and how homes will be placed into these regions as well. ☺️

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Are you all social distancing?

Isn't it GREAT that we (more than most people) have a "second life" where we needn't do that?

stay in good health and stay at home!

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Is this where Randelsham Treehouse, LogLand's Community Center, will go?

My partner and I went for a grand tour last night from our current place in Big Sky. waaaay off to the left where you see a little red circle.  That is at the start of a little road that leads out to SSPE1193.  We rezzed our mudskipper at the rez zone right near the red circle, plashed into the big north-south waterway and on the way back we went through the "Cut-through" to the big loop and went all around it.  When we got to Hopalong, my partner said "Wow, that big lake north of us looks like a mouse!".  I gave this no never-mind until this morning, when it hit me.  Mouse Lake .... hmmmm .....

Will Randelsham Treehouse go in the middle of that stone circle, where the red X is?  What a great place for it!!!

Note a few things:

  • The cut-through we went through is the ONLY canal between waterways in LogLand.  The ONLY ONE.
  • My avatar is standing at a rez zone.  You can boat from anywhere along that huge N-S lake to that (or any other) rez zone, and take a vehicle up to Mouse Lake and, possibly, Randelsham. 
  • You see that I've circled two small orange dots on the edge of an undeveloped SSPE region.  When you look at the map, these orange dots are where roads poke out into a LogLand SSPE region.

I don't know if that's where the community center will go, but whatever DOES actually go in that stone circle is certainly accessible!

1812507833_LogLandcommunitycenter2.thumb.JPG.362194284867c49cb088d0c78a6da018.JPG

 

Btw, @Patch Linden , what a great photo!  I love using that big ... window, or doorway? ... as a light source.  Come hither ....

49724553092_b35ab290fe_b.jpg

 

 

Edited by Nika Talaj
nah, actually, i like our Big Sky parcel, for now
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we're one week into the Log Homes release, and basically 1000 homes out of over 4000 have been claimed (3387 currently available).  SO, it isn't a difficult extrapolation to make ... at least 3 more weeks of log homes continuously available on the land page??? WOW

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...