SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

58 minutes ago, LillyElizaRain said:

Under the picture on Patch's flickr page is written: 

"Time to start cleaning up around here..."

Will soon be today?? 🤪 ;) 

Personally, I read that as saying that we're getting closer, building is wrapping up, but it WON'T be today or tomorrow.  It's a big area to clean up!

eta: I see 7 green dots in LogLand right now, the most I've seen since they've dropped it.  They're pretty well spread out.  QA?

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Personally, I read that as saying that we're getting closer, building is wrapping up, but it WON'T be today or tomorrow.  It's a big area to clean up!

eta: I see 7 green dots in LogLand right now, the most I've seen since they've dropped it.  They're pretty well spread out.  QA?

I see quite a few red marker squares over scattered regions, plus some orange ones with people within them.

• Like 2

On 3/27/2020 at 6:47 PM, Nika Talaj said:

It SURE would be nice to be able to boat into the interior of LogLand.

cut1.JPG.24cfb9ff65d38b1700ac6e49fd0f0210.JPG

I wonder is the water level in those inland lakes and channels on the same level as the water level is in the sea? The water textures in the lakes (on the map) look different from the water texture in the sea. So this makes me wonder about the water level in the lakes.  Hopefully they didn't make the same decision as in the Pickle island where the water level in the inland lakes is higher than in the sea.

If the water level in the lakes and the sea is not the same, then it's impossible to have navigable connection from the sea to the inland lakes. Which would be a pity. Well, soon we will know how it is.

P.S. In the preview region the inland lake texture on the map looks different from the sea texture. But the lake water level is actually the same as the sea level water is. The lake bottom is grass texture which causes the lake water texture to look different from the sea water on the map. So there is hope that the log house region lakes water is on the same level with sea water. 😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

My guess about inland water, is that the green forest ground does not stop at the water. It goes down in the ponds, lakes and rivers. I do not like the small ponds so much because of that. The green color in the bottom of the ponds is a bit strange.

Edited to add: When I read the second time, I see that @Coby Fodenalready talked about grass bottoms. Is it not the same in the campers/trailers regions? Water at the same level, and green bottom?

So that is why the water looks different, it has a green bottom and it is shallow. Of course I can be wrong.

I would love to be close to one of the lakes that is of the larger size. But I see that the regions around the big inland lake does not have any houses (yet). Maybe they save it for forests and picnic places.

Or maybe they finish those regions last, since it will be original work that has to be fitted to the shores. 

Edit 2: Comparing with Hammond Park, it is many lakes in LogLand that is bigger! I like that.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I have already forgot things about the Victorian's release.

The regions was not opened before the release? Or was it some days to go in and look before the release?

How many days was it Victorians on the house page? Was it more than a week?

If I remember correctly we were let in for a look a few hours before the release and the vics were on the landpage for about 4 days.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Christhiana said:

If I remember correctly we were let in for a look a few hours before the release and the vics were on the landpage for about 4 days.

Yeah. A ton of people were camped out at the former region edge then wooosh, the heavens opened and we were allowed across a (then) blank mountain region that connected to the new Vics. We couldn't go on the Vic regions but we could cam alllll the way around, look at the details, open doors. Patch and another Mole came up and talked to us at that edge for a few minutes. Then a few hours later they appeared on the land page. 

• Like 4

The big releases are such a blast.  When I saw @Patch Linden's pic today, this popped into my head and now I can't get rid of it:

Rollin' rollin' rollin'
Though the streams are swollen
Keep them dogies rollin', rawhide!

Through rain and wind and weather
Hell bent for leather
Move 'em on, head 'em up!
Head 'em up, move 'em on!
Move 'em on, head 'em up, RAWHIIIIIIIDE!!

Wishing the Lindens luck on their cattle drive, that's one massive herd of homes you've got there!

49720157301_590dde07af_c.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1