MOAR LH ROOM?

LL appears to have moved a random collection of private regions (including Pink Fuel) to elsewhere on the grid, clearing out space east of Belli all the way out to a vertical line at (approximately) Happy Dispatch's current location (they are still there).  That is enough space to put nearly an entire Belli (maybe a little clipping on the very southern edge), with room to spare on the sides.

The regions moved still show on the map, but if you click on them, show "loading ..."

Nothing to the west of Belli (which includes a number of Linden regions) appears to be changed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can answer this. The main focus of Linden Homes is the homes themselves. One of the main features is that the home does not count against your parcel prim count. That cost is absorbed by the main pa

We've decided to delay releasing any campers or trailers at the moment, for obvious reasons, until hurricane Jorge passes.     In other news, our newklear operations are at fully r

Here are the locations we've added rezzing zone parcels:  Boat Rezzing Zones (Basically, look for a lighthouse ) : http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Plafil Waters/14/138/21 http://maps.second

Posted Images

Btw, I don't mean to imply that they're thinking of cloning Belli.  They have a lot of new themes in the works, which I assume will use different geographies, and now they have space to put them.

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

MOAR LH ROOM?

LL appears to have moved a random collection of private regions (including Pink Fuel) to elsewhere on the grid, clearing out space east of Belli all the way out to a vertical line at (approximately) Happy Dispatch's current location (they are still there).  That is enough space to put nearly an entire Belli (maybe a little clipping on the very southern edge), with room to spare on the sides.

The regions moved still show on the map, but if you click on them, show "loading ..."

Nothing to the west of Belli (which includes a number of Linden regions) appears to be changed.

That was a good bit of sleuthing.  Whether cloning is in the works (and I personally have no giant issues with that as Belli One is certainly large and various now) there is ROOM for another Belli continent to the side. I did a visual test as I am very much a visual person. All the regions in that area are in "loading" stance. I left  Northern Lights still showing as still being there for clarification. You can see a few of the regions through the alphaed Belli Two. 

550967798_belliandbelli2.thumb.jpg.ed289a42ab7582aa9ac989554e6f3843.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

Btw, I don't mean to imply that they're thinking of cloning Belli.  They have a lot of new themes in the works, which I assume will use different geographies, and now they have space to put them.

If I remember right one Mole (was it Abnor or Quartz?) has said that the released regions cannot be cloned anymore. Cloning is possible only with unreleased regions. So there is no fear that the whole Bellisseria would be cloned. Anyway the new cleared area (and perhaps even more) will surely be needed for the new coming Linden home themes. We have four themes now. Fifth will be released soon, at least three more will still come, possibly even five more. In all that would be ten themes.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

If I remember right one Mole (was it Abnor or Quartz?) has said that the released regions cannot be cloned anymore. Cloning is possible only with unreleased regions. So there is no fear that the whole Bellisseria would be cloned. Anyway the new cleared area (and perhaps even more) will surely be needed for the new coming Linden home themes. We have four themes now. Fifth will be released soon, at least three more will still come, possibly even five more. In all that would be ten themes.

Agreed that someone official said that they couldn't clone from SSP to SSPE more than once.  Not saying that they will do that. At the same time that was many months ago and they "might" have figured out a method OR would clone from the existing Belli, not SSP (which hasn't really been worked on lately anyway). 

After all they have many many "copies" of the Hop and Shop sim layout and use them for various things -- not just Hop and Shop. They are easy to see on the map. 

One thing that we DO know about LL is that the roadmap and abilities change often.    But whatever -- there certainly is SPACE for another Belli sized area of 10K plots.   Also, they could have been making the new area on a completely PRIVATE grid that we cannot see -- or even see the green dots underneath the blocked areas. It has been VERY QUIET over at SSP as well as hidden.  

Lots of possibilities. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

If I remember right one Mole (was it Abnor or Quartz?) has said that the released regions cannot be cloned anymore. Cloning is possible only with unreleased regions. So there is no fear that the whole Bellisseria would be cloned.

It was Abnor in response to a post of mine. 
But think of the following: It is known that we have a main grid and a beta grid. But it is not at all far fetched that still LL has other grids at their disposal. At some point in time, we could see some 15 of those (non-public) grids in a grid chooser of the official LL viewer. This was back in 1.xx days of the viewer but the fact that they have disappeared from the list does not mean they are no longer around. We just don't see them.

Now, consider the following hypothetical scenario:
Before their release, LL clones all regions and place them on a non-public grid. This way, they have a backup even of all the "clean" regions in case of some disaster, it is good practice to keep a clean copy of your important stuff, especially in a corporate environment, because what if some kind of database issue makes all the regular backups unusable? What if this involves everything, including terrain? You'd want to be able to get things back up and running asap, even if that would mean that the residents in those regions now have lost all they had rezzed (note that this would be an ultimate emergency measure, but one has to account for all eventualities in IT).

So anyway, my point is that it is entirely possible that finished, but unreleased regions do get cloned, but get cloned to a non-public grid. This would make it equally possible to clone them back if so desired. The idea that the whole of Belli can't be cloned ANYMORE may be correct, but it does not mean that it hasn't already happened.

• Like 2

I received a notice today from Something New Poses that LL will be moving their region because LL is "expanding their mainland continent".  I assume that this is for the expansion of Bellisseria.  Here is the map showing where Something New is currently in relation to current Bellisseria.

Oh - and the move will be happening this Friday.

image.thumb.png.c08bc4ded3694c4c3112077d6a0b07aa.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
spelling, of course
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Time for wild speculation about the upcoming log cabin release!  When will it be?

My personal theory, the theory which I have and which is mine, is week after next, after March 23rd.

I think the log cabin regions will be dropped into place a day or two before release, IIRC they usually take a day or two to let the regions "settle in" to their new position before release, amirite?

Most likely we will not be able to cam into them.  So they don't exist yet on the grid, unless you count the development regions SSP1001-1035.  Earlier today it looked like there's still quite a bit of work going on up there, 6 avies spread out over all 35 regions, so I doubt those regions will be ready in the next day or two.  No hints from Patch on forums or flickr, but if anyone is inworld early mornings this week (say 7:30-9), you may want to watch Belli Citizens chat.  Patch sometimes gets bored while in meetings and drops into chat :)

Interesting dates:

Official start of spring in the US:  this Thursday 19th.  Not impossible that they would do it then, but usually moles vacate the development regions a day or so before they get moved to their final home.  They're cutting it close if Thursday will be the day!

ACS Home & Garden show closure: March 23

Fantasy Faire opens: April 23rd      [Why is this interesting?  Because I surmise that LL will be auctioning off a primo log cabin parcel there.]

Remember, in Patch's hint picture, they had lemonade, but were not dressed for very warm weather.  I dunno about you, but here it's below 40 degrees and I ain't drinking lemonade!

• Like 10
27 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Time for wild speculation about the upcoming log cabin release!  When will it be?

My personal theory, the theory which I have and which is mine, is week after next, after March 23rd.

Well, *I'm* old enough to get that reference! ;)

• Haha 1

Over in the "When did you last see ..." thread, people are discussing the still-unreleased Wood region.  Because folks have mentioned it in this thread too, and because my response is more about Belli's buildout than about particular home releases, I'm responding here.

For me, tho Wood is identical to the corresponding region in the Lower Clump, it has a bit of special significance.

LL is making a transition to new themes, in new lands.  So Wood harbors what almost certainly will be the LAST traditionals and campers to ever be released.

Coincidentally, it harbors the most easterly traditionals and campers on the grid, and we have been thinking for months that the new themes will be deposited to the east of current Belli.  So it's kinda in a transitional position. 

Eventually, maybe, there could be a narrow waterway east of Wood, where there is only a void now.  A watery gateway as it were, to Belli's Far East?

Wood.png.09c6cb089c74feda07b00a34dcc36c0

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
25 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Over in the "When did you last see ..." thread, people are discussing the still-unreleased Wood region.  Because folks have mentioned it in this thread too, and because my response is more about Belli's buildout than about particular home releases, I'm responding here.

For me, tho Wood is identical to the corresponding region in the Lower Clump, it has a bit of special significance.

LL is making a transition to new themes, in new lands.  So Wood harbors what almost certainly will be the LAST traditionals and campers to ever be released.

Coincidentally, it harbors the most easterly traditionals and campers on the grid, and we have been thinking for months that the new themes will be deposited to the east of current Belli.  So it's kinda in a transitional position. 

Eventually, maybe, there could be a narrow waterway east of Wood, where there is only a void now.  A watery gateway as it were, to Belli's Far East?

Wood.png.09c6cb089c74feda07b00a34dcc36c0

Thank you for the insight. Makes a perfect transition.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

It's no longer possible to find SSP1020-1030, etc. by searching via the map. Worked OK last night...

? I just searched SSP1001 and I see all 35 regions.  4 avies there right now.

59 minutes ago, xrockinfree said:

Just noticed some new land to the south of Grandfleet/Bottlenose Jetty & east of Pegleg Channel, that's not on the map yet! It's only flat sand at the moment:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSPE1078/43/185/43

Looks like a lot of new regions!

Yaas, great find!  This is what I see now, 16 new regions if you count 1082, which doesn't seem to be in place yet.  They hook up with the new Victorian regions!  There are no parcels yet, will they all be Vics????   

*looks dubious*

153994854_newcontinentmap.thumb.JPG.2f5bf28ddc7b6857539cd89cf97aae24.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

? I just searched SSP1001 and I see all 35 regions.  4 avies there right now.

Can see them now, but couldn't during 5 searches when I wrote. Was thrown out of Tilting Meadow, but it hasn't been released as far as I can see. Too many things happening at once!

• Haha 1

Tho looking at this new land, the whole western edge of this, plus 1878,  will be regions that kinda have to have a lot of water in them.   Maybe more, if the coastline continues along the same line its going.  Which leaves at most 10 full regions of, I guess quite possibly! ... Vics. 

• Like 1

I'd be willing to bet the new regions put down yesterday will most certainly be more Vic homes. There are still a lot more Trad parcels than Vic parcels, so I am guessing that LL will want to end up having a similar number.

Regarding the "Wood" region, it definitely won't be the last of the Trad or Camper releases, as Patch recently said on the Lab Gab that more of all styles are on their way. With that 9-region "mini-continent" that Wood is part of, LL can simply duplicate that around as needed, like they have already done (same with the squishy pickle too).

I believe LL's strategy going forward will be to expand the larger size land masses with each new theme, moving steadily eastwards and northwards, and occasionally squeeze in the mini-continent, squishy pickle, and various mini houseboat islands where required.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1