SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

• Moles
14 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

There are now 4 new Test Regions north of the SSP continent. What on earth are those moles testing now ? 😂

459197020_TestRegions.thumb.JPG.2bfde45f71b0bde0b4fff6365067616f.JPG

I know!  I know!    And I'll explain, even though it's a bit boring, because it may help give an idea of the kind of things we technical moles sometimes need to worry about.

As people following the building process on Bellisseria may know, shortly before regions go live, their names change from SSPsomething to their permanent name, various land settings are changed, and frequently they're moved from one part of the grid to another.     After that, I have to go round performing some tests and doing various things to enable the Land team to connect the parcels on the region (all of which have changed their UUIDs as part of the process) to the Land Store.

The process is as automated as we can make it, but as Bellisseria has grown, things haven't always scaled as well as we'd have liked, and the number of issues requiring time-consuming manual attention has grown, so I have been tweaking the automated tools and making some back-end changes to make the process run smoothly once again.     

In order to test the changes, I needed to see how the new tools performed when the Land team switched the positions and settings and, crucially, the names of some SSP regions.     

That's what "Test Region 1" and so on were for.

This isn't a cover story for the nuclear reactors that it's above our pay grade to know whether or not they exist and which we wouldn't be allowed to discuss even if they did, honest.

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

This isn't a cover story for the nuclear reactors that it's above our pay grade to know whether or not they exist and which we wouldn't be allowed to discuss even if they did, honest.

2 hours ago, Dyna Mole said:

Yeah, he's right. I don't know what got into my head. There's no new improved nuclear reactor that we are not supposed to talk about because of, well, NDA and all that. Besides, it's perfectly safe and there's nothing to see here.

See? IT IS   NEw NuCkULAR REeNACtORS THInGIeS!

Their long, boring, techno-nerd stories prove it because no one would be willing to do boring techno-nerdy work like that. OR! They're working on themes 5 and 6!!!! Yeah, THAT"S what it is! It's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Edited by Alyona Su

7 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

... I believe you, it's not nuclear reactors.  Perhaps, tho, a nuclear waste site that's imploded?  Or ... a swamp, devastated by a tidal wave?  A parched region due to climate change from the exhaust from all the scooters and motorboats in Belli?  A mole rehab center?  Patch's neko dungeon?

You're hiding something, clearly!

Well we are just about to be shown the new theme(s) ... everyone is getting excited.
When exactly will the Expo let in the first visitors??
I know it's Thursday 5th of December but what time SLT ?????

I looked up in my SL- Diary about the SLB16 Party: It was 20th June at 10:00 SLT I could make the first picture!
.... and MUCH later! Monday 16th of September at 8:00 SLT that the camper regions arose from the abyss to be seen and another day later at 12:50 SLT my alt grabbed the first camper. Hope the gap between see and catch will not be as long this time!

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 2

The pipeline of regions that are being actively readied for release appears to be slowing down.  I count 4, maybe 5, that have houses placed and are named.  4 of them have been ready for quite a while.  There are a few more that appear ready, except that they aren't named, and they too have been in that state for a while.  Work on the regions south of Wheeler was going very fast, and now has stalled.

South Belli coming sooner rather than later?

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Well @Chic Aeon says 6:00 am SLT and I go with her. :)

Pasted in from the event website.  BUT even if that is the designated time, events frequently don't open ON TIME so I guess "6 am or later" is closer to the truth. Hopefully things will be ready by 6.  

• Thanks 1

WTF A TREEHOUSE????  Kewwwwwwlllllll  ETA: supposedly, when he posted this, he said to pay attention to his clothes, not the surroundings.  Is that a wetsuit?

ETAx2:  oh, evidently he took the pic at his own hangout inworld, which is indeed a beautiful treehouse, it would appear.  Or perhaps just a very big elevated home. 

b7d123856904ecabd7098c3afb6e3ea2.png

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

WTF A TREEHOUSE????  Kewwwwwwlllllll  ETA: supposedly, when he posted this, he said to pay attention to his clothes, not the surroundings.  Is that a wetsuit?

ETAx2:  oh, evidently he took the pic at his own hangout inworld, which is indeed a beautiful treehouse, it would appear.  Or perhaps just a very big elevated home. 

If that is a wetsuit, then that would sort of point to an underwater world, which some folks have been asking for.  However, the current look of south Belli sure doesn't seem to support that theory.

Hi guys!!! Due to time zone difference and work in RL, I couldn't check notices, did they finally open or made any announcemnts?

I'd love to see a treehouse!!! Little one like campers, but in a 1024sqm area, which is something many have been asking for! The Victorian theme sounds great, but I still have my hopes on a Mediterranean/country home theme for... 2021 maybe?

11 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

that is a wetsuit,

look at the shoes /boots..... i think it is a wrestling outfit.I have family that lives in Ga ,USA and Ga has a lot of events and some of the big stars of WWF  are seen there.   .In fact My rl hubby and I and family met Jake the Snake Roberts .He is a very sweet man!!  (Note Not sure if  he  was living in Ga at time we met him as they had a lot of big wrestling events  there ... )  

The homes are beautiful in GA and many different styles . We have visited stone mountain  and different counties  in GA  .

Lots of Things to do there. Only watch out for the fire ants.!!! 

There are many different styles of homes  and historic towns.  When i saw what Patch is wearing  the boots   i  thought  WWF  ,,,,,, But it could be me  just being confused as always .! Time will tell. 

Edited by roseelvira
keyboard issues

20 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

It looks like his clothes shrunk in the wash, so clearly we're getting public laundrettes / laundromats.

• Haha 8

On 12/4/2019 at 10:38 AM, Nika Talaj said:

Well, if somehow those clothes are suppose to indicate Victorian, which apparently IS the new theme.  I obviously do not know enough about Victorian menswear.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2