Jump to content

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Inara Pey's blog.  I didn't take the picture.   I may be from SSP and not Belli but it didn't say that in the blog post. And yes, it is supposed to be the new themes.  

I assume that the picture is from the large South Belli part. Now that the Chrismas Expo is fast approaching, I also heard unconfirmed and unofficial rumors that Patch said there will be a release of the new themes in December. I personally doubt there will be a release until the Christmas Expo is over (Dec 15th). It may be room for a release in the 10 days before Christmas.

Perhaps, maybe. Just my thoughts.

I was a bit sad to see South Belli look a bit "uniform" and with less variety. But if I like the new themed houses, I will try for a new house there, landscaping perfect in my opinion or not...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I also heard unconfirmed and unofficial rumors that Patch said there will be a release of the new themes in December. I personally doubt there will be a release until the Christmas Expo is over (Dec 15th)

As I remember it, Patch said it in a blog post. The *goal* (because delays happen, we get it) is a week or so after the end (or could have been start) of the Expo. I remember raising my eyebrows at that and thinking "this is going to be plastered all over the forums*. So, I'm kind of surprised it's not plastered all over the forums. I chalk that up to reading that post before digesting morning coffee and thus it must have been a mind-trick. That or Yoda was hiding under my desk.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still puzzled by the situation on the development regions. I was ready to accept that shuffled clones were the direction of travel. I was a bit down about it, but open to the idea..after all only Patch and crew know what is realistic for them to achieve in the time scales they have available.

Now I am looking at the map again, and yes the roads line up, but some of those tiles have lines of symmetry even within the regions, in fact a lot of them do! It's as if someone has sat down with whatever is the equivalent of photoshop for grid design and put together some quick samples. The only places where this isn't true are on the detached islands, and in some of the coastal areas.

Are we absolutely sure that this isn't simply the road and rail map, subject to alteration and customisation later?

The team knows that there is a demand for water views, for varied terrain, and all other things being equal  that inland regions which contain just houses tend to be less popular. Why create a continent where so many of the homes fit that format?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

I'm still puzzled by the situation on the development regions. I was ready to accept that shuffled clones were the direction of travel. I was a bit down about it, but open to the idea..after all only Patch and crew know what is realistic for them to achieve in the time scales they have available.

Now I am looking at the map again, and yes the roads line up, but some of those tiles have lines of symmetry even within the regions, in fact a lot of them do! It's as if someone has sat down with whatever is the equivalent of photoshop for grid design and put together some quick samples. The only places where this isn't true are on the detached islands, and in some of the coastal areas.

Are we absolutely sure that this isn't simply the road and rail map, subject to alteration and customisation later?

The team knows that there is a demand for water views, for varied terrain, and all other things being equal  that inland regions which contain just houses tend to be less popular. Why create a continent where so many of the homes fit that format?

I share much of your worries about lack of views and too much symmetry. But I tell myself that we are looking at work in progress, and the result may feel different. And when on ground, we will not see that the region 2048 m away is the same.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

But I tell myself that we are looking at work in progress, and the result may feel different. And when on ground, we will not see that the region 2048 m away is the same.

Absolutely this. Also, we tend to forget that the SL Map is drawn based on PRIM COLORS and it disrupts mesh colors like crazy. Yes, the bird's-eye symmetry is obvious, but the details are not. As I've stated before, the real test will be what the experience is like when on the ground, in the middle of it.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Inara Pey's blog.  I didn't take the picture.   I may be from SSP and not Belli but it didn't say that in the blog post. And yes, it is supposed to be the new themes.  

Ahhh, so she got to actually see the new stuff.  I wonder if she got to go to SSP or if she got an early look at the upcoming Preview on the actual Expo regions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

The team knows that there is a demand for water views, for varied terrain, and all other things being equal  that inland regions which contain just houses tend to be less popular. Why create a continent where so many of the homes fit that format?

Because at the end of the day these are really only suppose to be starter homes.  When a person feels that they really need water, want more varied terrain or don't want to be inland that is usually when you move on and get mainland so that you have more control and options.  Just my take on it.

Edited by karynmaria
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Ahhh, so she got to actually see the new stuff.  I wonder if she got to go to SSP or if she got an early look at the upcoming Preview on the actual Expo regions.

Doesn't appear from looking at the map that the homes are over there yet. I looked down south in Belli and didn't see anything. The photo is on GREEN GRASS and not snow.  

 Last time they put the trailers up then took them away and put them back at the last minute. :D. 

 

ALSO all that conversation awhile back about snow meaning  that there will be snow areas?  

 

Well the Winter Expo as usual is ALL SNOW. So likely they are just conforming to the venue and the snow has nothing to do with any Belli plans. That being said there was a mention in the official posting about the Belli house auctions at the event that included "seasonal" as in a change of seasons. So  who knows.  Of course if the "season" of the plots are spring to fall, then Belli current landscaping WOULD be "seasonal" LOL. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pic taken in SSPE358...the object is called "Linden Homes Traditional Home"...looks like its some type of place holder...I saw some with traditional houses inside of this green object. Btw, notice the train tracks running right alongside the house!

Snapshot_002.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DellaLaBella said:

Pic taken in SSPE358...the object is called "Linden Homes Traditional Home"...looks like its some type of place holder...I saw some with traditional houses inside of this green object. Btw, notice the train tracks running right alongside the house!

Snapshot_002.png

That's the normal monopoly house piece they've been using for the Traditional homes. It encompasses the space that any and all 4 of the Traditional homes would take up.  The Moles use it to ensure that whatever trees they place will not poke through the house no matter which style the resident chooses.

The picture that Chic posted is a different shape.  It is supposedly the shell being used for the new theme and some of the aspects of its shape can give some hints as to what the new homes might look like.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That's the normal monopoly house piece they've been using for the Traditional homes. It encompasses the space that any and all 4 of the Traditional homes would take up.  The Moles use it to ensure that whatever trees they place will not poke through the house no matter which style the resident chooses.

The picture that Chic posted is a different shape.  It is supposedly the shell being used for the new theme and some of the aspects of its shape can give some hints as to what the new homes might look like.

I am "seeing" this traditional house. Wishful thinking? I am quite sure this roof shape will be used. Or hoping it will be used. An American Farmhouse look.

imageproxyho_php.jpg.4003438f44003ff660b54a1e3fe5d221.jpg

The type with small, modest porch. Or it has one of the gables, it is so many of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Ahhh, so she got to actually see the new stuff.  I wonder if she got to go to SSP or if she got an early look at the upcoming Preview on the actual Expo regions.

3hp5x8.jpg

 

To be clear, there is nothing in Inara's post about having seen a preview of what we're working on...  There will be no special previews, including at the set-up of the Expo event coming up.  We are literally going to drop the demo region in place a moment before it opens.  Sorry to spoil it for everyone, but no peeking!  This is going to be, just that spectacular.   

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, karynmaria said:

Because at the end of the day these are really only suppose to be starter homes.  When a person feels that they really need water, want more varied terrain or don't want to be inland that is usually when you move on and get mainland so that you have more control and options.  Just my take on it.

That's a reasonable take, but for some reason my brain just won't accept it!

2 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

We are literally going to drop the demo region in place a moment before it opens.  Sorry to spoil it for everyone, but no peeking!  This is going to be, just that spectacular.   

What I'm hoping for, is that during the building of Belli north, the team came up with ways of streamlining the process which couldn't be implemented until they had a whole new continent to use, an area which was free of residents.

We've already seen hints of new customisation options (when that functionality leaked over into some existing homes by mistake). The screenshots Patch teased showed really lovely houses.

I have been utterly impressed by the love and dedication invested by the design team, and there is no sign of this tailing off in the latest builds. 

What I think, and this could be a wild theory, is that the team are behind schedule, intentionally so, because they came up with something fairly late in the day that was worth investing time and effort in.

The demo appear at the last minute because someone, somewhere is currently in hyper-tweak mode getting it finished to the new spec.

The map ... just a sketch to show the builders where the roads join up.

I know I'm on my own thinking this, and it could be an idea individually fermented in Raspberry cuckoo land, but it makes sense in my brain!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

3hp5x8.jpg

 

To be clear, there is nothing in Inara's post about having seen a preview of what we're working on...  There will be no special previews, including at the set-up of the Expo event coming up.  We are literally going to drop the demo region in place a moment before it opens.  Sorry to spoil it for everyone, but no peeking!  This is going to be, just that spectacular.   

Translation: "No, kiddos, you may NOT open your Christmas presents early. Now go brush your teeth and go to bed."

Hahahaha

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

 

The demo appear at the last minute because someone, somewhere is currently in hyper-tweak mode getting it finished to the new spec.

 

 

Our demo region has been done for several weeks.

Image result for myth busted

  • Like 2
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

3hp5x8.jpg

 

To be clear, there is nothing in Inara's post about having seen a preview of what we're working on...  There will be no special previews, including at the set-up of the Expo event coming up.  We are literally going to drop the demo region in place a moment before it opens.  Sorry to spoil it for everyone, but no peeking!  This is going to be, just that spectacular.   

I'm thinking a sleigh ride, warm fire, and dinner with SL family - all in a winter wonderland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Here is the current layout of the Expo.  

 

image.thumb.png.677febd2046280200ae205a30faec4b3.png

Yesterday there was a Linden Reveal region above the expo ones. Is it still there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

That's a reasonable take, but for some reason my brain just won't accept it!

 

I do totally get it.  These new LH are so awesome and there is so many choices and variety.   And at least with houseboats they all are on water so you will always have water with those and easy access to sailing.   I am constantly surprised at each new region that gets made and how unique they all are.  I have 3 premium accounts which I never would have done with the older homes.  I am also excited for the new theme that is coming out soon and you can bet I will use one of them to try to get one.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I thinking the Linden Reveal island or the Lights of Hope Linden region will be replaced with either the SSPWE2019 1/2/3 islands sometime on 5th December ?

3 days to GO!

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...