Jump to content

SSP?


Garnet Psaltery

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

Lol.

It's interesting  looking at the 3 developments so far on the map -  grid layout for the new theme, traditional don't look much like grid planning by comparison, and campsites look very much more 'organic' in layout. I'm already thinking about what's next!:)

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Grid planning is super as long as it does not mean straight streets in a 90 Degrees angle to each other like a chessboard.

Though there have been examples of TOO many curves and TOO little planing...

I personally love streets to bend and slightly run up and down hills like in Axim :)

 

Grid planing *is* straight streets with 90-degree angles. Though the slightly up-and-down and slightly curriery is in thereto: the Campsite dirts roads in Bellisseria are the most fun roads for cruise-driving in all of SL. You really must give them a go if you haven't already .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not sure what grid planning means in this context. Maybe finalising the road and rail layout?

My somewhat limited experience of building virtual railways led me to believe that building the tracks first and landscaping around them was easier than the reverse.

It's got to be easier to demolish and redo things, or shift terrain with no residents in place ( if say, you find you just can't make the curve and your track / road is headed off a cliff otherwise)

My somewhat fanciful theory is that Belli was designed as a really a big train set by someone who was so keen on virtual railways and that we residents are simply decor for that :D

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

I'm not sure what grid planning means in this context. Maybe finalising the road and rail layout?

My somewhat limited experience of building virtual railways led me to believe that building the tracks first and landscaping around them was easier than the reverse.

It's got to be easier to demolish and redo things, or shift terrain with no residents in place ( if say, you find you just can't make the curve and your track / road is headed off a cliff otherwise)

My somewhat fanciful theory is that Belli was designed as a really a big train set by someone who was so keen on virtual railways and that we residents are simply decor for that :D

 

Grid, as in literally perpendicular lines, think Tic-Tac-Toe lines. :)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Though there have been examples of TOO many curves and TOO little planing...

I personally love streets to bend and slightly run up and down hills like in Axim

I hope they don't get it tooright, as the little bits wrong can be the best bits.

Edited by Raspberry Crystal
typo
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Wow just look at the new SSP extension now. 

1705961820_Extenstion25thNovember2019.thumb.JPG.d1fe717e3e2fade6fdf2853dd345266a.JPG

 

/me cannot help but wonder if that vertical line is the demarkation of the "Good side and Bad side 'of the tracks'".

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, karynmaria said:

If it is I want to be on the "bad side" of the tracks!

 

7 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

The bad side is underneath them.

So, name modification then? Hmmm... how about "Southern Belli, Harlots Grove District", or "Southern Belli, Strumpets Toot District" And for the other side, "Southern Belli, Posh's Poshed District" or  "Southern Belli, Prudish Prunes District". :D

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jeogeot continent will be very close to southern Bellisseria when the new regions are added to Bellisseria. Only one region wide gap between Bellisseria and Jeogeot.
(Then the fifth and the sixth themes next towards the east from the 4th theme? There is plenty of room there.) 😃 😉

2019-11-25_Bellisseria-Jeogeot-map.thumb.jpg.8dd52ff0ad156287c788e0a667cb09ed.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Has anyone seen this area? And if so where is it?

 

green-house_001.jpg

I am no expert, but the roof angles and sizes does not look like the Traditional houses. Is this perhaps a rough version of the new themes combined? So the landscaping Moles don't place trees that can cut into a part of the house?

If so, it looks like we're getting at least 1 of the new themed houses in 2 full floors, first floor and second floor. Judging from all the gables, maybe one more second floor model, or attic versions. (I know 2 of the gables resemble the Continental ones, but there are other gables I don't know).

I am thinking or hoping the new theme is more than 4 models. The Trads and Boats are 4 each, but the Campers are eight different models. Do I dare hope for 6 models in the new themed houses?

Edit: How did you not know where the pic is taken? You got it from someone else?

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

I am no expert, but the roof angles and sizes does not look like the Traditional houses. Is this perhaps a rough version of the new themes combined? So the landscaping Moles don't place trees that can cut into a part of the house?

If so, it looks like we're getting at least 1 of the new themed houses in 2 full floors, first floor and second floor. Judging from all the gables, maybe one more second floor model, or attic versions. (I know 2 of the gables resemble the Continental ones, but there are other gables I don't know).

I am thinking or hoping the new theme is more than 4 models. The Trads and Boats are 4 each, but the Campers are eight different models. Do I dare hope for 6 models in the new themed houses?

Edit: How did you not know where the pic is taken? You got it from someone else?

Inara Pey's blog.  I didn't take the picture.   I may be from SSP and not Belli but it didn't say that in the blog post. And yes, it is supposed to be the new themes.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...