SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

• Moles
16 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

As I was wandering, I came across this box in SSP248.
Any speculation as to why (other than for the future) the moles should leave 6k free?

Just regular old decorating content. We have a budget we have to stick to. It is a reminder for the moles decorating to not go over budget on one side of the river and not leave enough LI for the other side when we get to it. That region is about half done and 6k is roughly half the budget for that region. Mystery solved.

*thinks about saying something like "that is where the pet rock breeding stations are going to go" anyway and watching the speculative comments fly at the speed of rumor*

Edited by Abnor Mole
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 14

1 hour ago, Walpurgisnacht said:

The Pickle Has Landed

Not showing on my world map, but the view east from Light of Aurelia is very pleasing indeed!

OMG, Bellisseria is getting pickled!!!!

This is happening much sooner than I thought. I had expected for the southern part of the "dragon" to be more complete before work on the pickle would start!!!

• Like 2

I'm guessing one issue might be they intended to have some trailer areas on the tail fin, so they're not ready for that yet. Maybe the pickle island will be traditional houses? Anyway, in building clone news, it looks like SSP185 has a lot of colourful gubbins on it now. I saw they'd cloned over the road layout from the final version, but it looks to be getting filled with something. Probably not more camels with those colours.

Edited by Polenth Yue
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

OMG, Bellisseria is getting pickled!!!!

This is happening much sooner than I thought. I had expected for the southern part of the "dragon" to be more complete before work on the pickle would start!!!

And OMG again!!!!

From @Walpurgisnacht's picture, it appears as if only a few pickle regions were put in, but after a quick flyover, I can confirm that the entire pickle is there. 
It has been slightly squishified, as in that there's more water in there now, but that was to be expected with the Moles' style having developed to add more water features to their landscaping.

This is so exciting, I can't want to see what it will be like!!!!

Edited by Fritigern Gothly

26 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

Anyway, in building clone news, it looks like SSP185 has a lot of colourful gubbins on it now. I saw they'd cloned over the road layout from the final version, but it looks to be getting filled with something. Probably not more camels with those colours.

I took a piccie of the map and if I were to make a guess, it is going to be a (semi?) commercial area because these kinda look like stores of various sizes.
Then again, it could also be some kind of sports arena with bleachers on either side :D 

pdHzqPE.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

Just regular old decorating content. We have a budget we have to stick to. It is a reminder for the moles decorating to not go over budget on one side of the river and not leave enough LI for the other side when we get to it. That region is about half done and 6k is roughly half the budget for that region. Mystery solved.

A likely story! But I am not falling for that. 
It is all a ploy to hide the fact the that the LL government is hiding Greenies in underground bases in populated areas, after they set up a ruse to make it seem as if the Greenies left SL in 2010.
In reality, LL has enslaved the Greenies and put them to work in these underground sweatshops to build mesh homes and landscaping items!

There you have it, finally the "truth" is out!

PROOF!
 Greenie on the brink of exhaustion after being forced to churn out mesh landscaping items for 72 hours straight!
VWmzqyW.png

Edited by Fritigern Gothly
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

20 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

I took a piccie of the map and if I were to make a guess, it is going to be a (semi?) commercial area because these kinda look like stores of various sizes.
Then again, it could also be some kind of sports arena with bleachers on either side :D 

pdHzqPE.png

Yaaasssss let the cage matches begin!

• Haha 6

21 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

pdHzqPE.png

ZOMG... it's going to be THUNDERDOME!! Once finished, the quest for a Bellisserian house ends at Thunderdome!

Two residents, one Traditional house.

A fight to the death.

SO MUCH FUN!

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

2 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

ZOMG... it's going to be THUNDERDOME!! Once finished, the quest for a Bellisserian house ends at Thunderdome!

Two residents, one Traditional house.

A fight to the death.

SO MUCH FUN!

buys tickets, starts scalping

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

And OMG again!!!!

From @Walpurgisnacht's picture, it appears as if only a few pickle regions were put in, but after a quick flyover, I can confirm that the entire pickle is there. 
It has been slightly squishified, as in that there's more water in there now, but that was to be expected with the Moles' style having developed to add more water features to their landscaping.

This is so exciting, I can't want to see what it will be like!!!!

Limitations of my viewer unfortunately... had it set to max distance. But the clue was in the title, as in 'The Pickle Has Landed' rather than 'A Bit of the Pickle Has Landed' ;)

• Haha 3

The pickle is HUGE, and already bristling with houseboat parcels, in both orientations.  Its western coast is roughly 1.75 regions away from Foxbridge.  It's gonna be great.

It's SOO tempting to sail over there, but not easy, since there's no rez zone anywhere along that long stretch of coastline around Stiff Drink.  There IS a small docklike plank on water's edge at the cute park on the little river that leads from the ocean to Miller's Pond,  looks like it was meant for a small rez zone (or maybe a canoe rezzer?), but nothing was put there.

It's a long way down to the rez zone at the lighthouse opposite the pickle that has the cool swimming area cordoned off with buoys.  Good thing you can't ding up your boat's paint job by dropping it on your parcel and dragging it over the road to the water!

(p.s. for anyone in that area who lives too far away from the water to feel confident dragging their boat to it, there IS a vehicle rez zone on the road just above the park on the north bank of the little river.  Just rez your motorboat and nudge it out to the river!).

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 1

They can build hydroelectric power plant in the Pickle. :ph34r:
On the right the water surface is at 20 meters (normal SL sea level), but on the left the water surface is at 30 meters.
Regions: SSPE189 on the right, and SSPE190 on the left. (At the time of writing the regions did not show yet on the map.)

2019-08-08_Pickle_SSPE189.thumb.jpg.d00980d42dd002289b29738c3268730b.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

pdHzqPE.png

Your suggestions are sensible, but you can't blame me for hoping that's a really big bouncy castle in the middle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7