SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

1 hour ago, Layla Claven said:

Shouldn't it have been auto returned Beth?

I'm guessing maybe they don't have auto return on those parcels. At first I thought the pilot was still in there, but upon closer inspection I found that he had abandoned ship plane.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I'm guessing maybe they don't have auto return on those parcels. At first I thought the pilot was still in there, but upon closer inspection I found that he had abandoned ship plane.

Oh right. I never thought about random items being left behind before. I think any vehicles I have used have been automatically returned the minute I jump off them.

• Like 1

• Moles
9 hours ago, Layla Claven said:

Shouldn't it have been auto returned Beth?

I've returned it manually.   And Beth is quite correct.   The parcel settings don't get changed until near the end of the process.   I think one of the Land Lindens does that, just after the region finally passes QA and just before I do some final checks on the communications systems and start the process of connecting  the region to the Linden Homes webstore.

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 9

On 7/26/2019 at 3:01 AM, Ziggy Starsmith said:

What you are looking at are indeed the first known photographs of the illusive, Bellesseria Sea Monster that has been rumored to lurk deep in the abyss of the Linden Oceans and seas. 

22 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

Now that's a fun role play!

You two have made me curious, so I looked and.... Nothing! So I went and created a new alt just so I could role-play this! Bahahaha Thanks for the idea!

Loch Ness ain't all that. Nessie is a has-been, so I give you the Beast of Bellisseria, BESSIE! Bahahaha!

Accidental snapshot yesterday:

Bessie

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Loch Ness ain't all that. Nessie is a has-been, so I give you the Beast of Bellisseria, BESSIE! Bahahaha!

Now see, you all are suffering from mass hysteria. 
I'm not saying that the Beast of Bellisseria isn't real, but there is just no way it can be spotted that far away from the region where it actually lives.
Besides, Bessie is so large, you can spot it on the map!

image.png.8f6d3194b257502cf012716b5ef62ace.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Now see, you all are suffering from mass hysteria. 
I'm not saying that the Beast of Bellisseria isn't real, but there is just no way it can be spotted that far away from the region where it actually lives.
Besides, Bessie is so large, you can spot it on the map!

image.png.8f6d3194b257502cf012716b5ef62ace.png

Bessie has grown flippers and giant teeth since then. The Moles have it all wrong, I tell ya.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

Bet there's more hidden stuff.

Snapshot_001.jpg

Snapshot_002.jpg

That's awesome, lmao, I thought I''d found something funny with a lamp post but that is brilliant  😂

Next to my home I have a lamp post up a tree ... but Atlantis is way cooler lols x

haven2.png

• Like 5

Just pasting in a screenshot for July 27th eve of SSP84 and surroundings. It looks like there are a couple of trailers on the edge of SSP 85, I have been wondering how they plan to bridge the styles from trailer to traditional. Maybe we will see soon.   Hoping my AUGUST prediction works out to be timely. 

image.thumb.png.2ce253c503db57cf10851dbd8b7b1c96.png

• Like 6

The gap between the roads and the trailers in SSP85 could be a place for train tracks. It's a good size for that, would run down the continent quite a long way, and there used to be a thing showing on the map that could be a station. Or they're just going to put trees there, but you can't blame me for hoping about the train.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

The gap between the roads and the trailers in SSP85 could be a place for train tracks. It's a good size for that, would run down the continent quite a long way, and there used to be a thing showing on the map that could be a station. Or they're just going to put trees there, but you can't blame me for hoping about the train.

The train seems like a good idea. Following the map south you can see that there is mostly open land until you get somewhere around the Rockham area.   I went over to check that out in a more up close and personal way and there IS enough public land "buffer" to place tracks. 

1935909528_traintracks.thumb.jpg.b4c536e8475d695abc8ddb7acfa8c2ba.jpg

2002446389_traintracksmap.png.de50b9ad033a1abbe3022e708ae9a7b8.png

It is more difficult to tell where the "train" tracks might be at SSPE185 -- but that could just be a decoy I guess. It really doesn't seem like a great place for a train station (I played SimCity a lot -- until the last incarnation), but much better place for a "shopping center". 

• Like 1

There definitely could be railroad tracks going throughout the Camper/Trailer area in the western part of the continent.  From what Abnor has said in response to residents asking for rezzing abilities in public areas, I can't see there being any railroad tracks added to the existing older regions because of LI.  There just isn't enough spare unless they rework the regions. That being said, they could definitely do some reworking of just the few regions needed to get railroad tracks from SSPE195 to SSPE228 - remove some of the public stuff that is there to free up the LI they need for tracks.  The SSPE228/SSPE229/etc... area could then either be more Campers/Trailers or could be the next theme that Patch said would definitely relate to "choo choo". 

• Like 3

On 7/28/2019 at 10:14 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

There definitely could be railroad tracks going throughout the Camper/Trailer area in the western part of the continent.  From what Abnor has said in response to residents asking for rezzing abilities in public areas, I can't see there being any railroad tracks added to the existing older regions because of LI.  There just isn't enough spare unless they rework the regions. That being said, they could definitely do some reworking of just the few regions needed to get railroad tracks from SSPE195 to SSPE228 - remove some of the public stuff that is there to free up the LI they need for tracks.  The SSPE228/SSPE229/etc... area could then either be more Campers/Trailers or could be the next theme that Patch said would definitely relate to "choo choo". 

It really DOES seem odd that the "train station" is in the middle of that square are with no obvious place to go. I agree that a railroad could go in the empty campground area but would it just be very short?   "Seems" like they should connect somehow.   

Seems like it would be fairly easy to take out some trees (at 22 LI or so a piece it doesn't take too many).  From going over and looking at the track again, it seems like a section of track  about 32 meters (there are some versions they are apparently working on) would be equivalent to one tree.  And of course there could be some other changes that they could make to the flora and community items. There are a fair amount of benches that really make little sense where they are sitting for example.  They could ALSO delete a house in the sim that needs track WHEN a house gets abandoned. So plenty of possibilities should they want a connecting train. 

And the "choo-choo themed release was supposedly a style that has not been hinted out yet --- so not the campsites.  

MEANWHILE there has been activity at the camper site today.

image.png.a175d56518d760349069c333b61b8597.png 

• Like 4

On 7/28/2019 at 12:14 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

There definitely could be railroad tracks going throughout the Camper/Trailer area in the western part of the continent.

There better not be trains going through my campground!!!!      ;0

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

There better not be trains going through my campground!!!!      ;0

I  think there's something poetic about that... okay maybe not YOUR campground, but campers or trailers for those who want to live on "the wrong side of the tracks". (Can't wait for Residents to band together to create a trailer park of at least one region of campers! I know, I'm dreaming, but it amuses me nonetheless!)

Is it also not possible that the rezzed train station itself is not some sort of...

red-herring.jpg.8bc84b0cf2e77d731b5ab00be1891148.jpg

Patch mentioned one of the style of homes would be train themed or something to that effect, didn't he? Since then the Chinese Whispers of the forums have blown that out to be a full-fledged train station complete with tracks and a train that might or might not pilot itself... Seeing the Linden and Moles humour for what it is, it wouldn't surprise me if that station et al was dropped where it was to fan the flames and nothing more, and if did eventuate wasn't originally part of the plan which is why there's been no obvious space left for it in the older regions; this is an afterthought as much as the fairground, rez zones, and landing strips were. They were all implemented obviously with enough public demand for them so it's not impossible but maybe improbable? Who knows. Guess we'll see soon enough.

Edited by RaeLeeH
Corrected spacing (text, not brain).
  • Like 7