SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

7 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

UPDATE: channel sims are full at 10, so I guess they are openspaces... no use parking your party boats there =^.^=

Yep I noticed that... I will have limit the crew on my loonetta to 10.. I think can get 27 on those little boats. i have had about 14 before.

6 minutes ago, Rathgrith027 said:

I'm curious about how this is going to play out. from the looks of it there might be a urban area in SSP as well. Really looking forward to seeing what it turns into in the coming months.

I've been thinking about all that mountain area laying empty .. what's going to go there?????

And then that area where the orange buildings are .... urban? Could be!

A blend of Linden Home and publicly usable land (With regulations from LL on how it can be used (i.e. No skyboxes, no ban orbs, nothing that is too different from the theme of the estate)) would be extremely interesting to see happen.

Edited by Rathgrith027

1 minute ago, Rathgrith027 said:

A blend of Linden Home and publicly usable land (With regulations from LL on how it can be used (i.e. No skyboxes, no ban orbs, nothing that is too different from the theme of the estate)) would be extremely interesting to see happen.

It is going to be Linden Homes. If you want to see the covenant governing the regions you can do so now by visiting the Linden Homes Preview region currently on display at the Home and Garden fair. Skyboxes will not be banned. They are acceptable at 2k m or higher only.  Here http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Linden Homes Preview/20/14/24

11 minutes ago, Rathgrith027 said:

.. it will make the total concept of Linden Homes undesireable for premiums .. whats the gain to own a home there for them than?

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

It is going to be Linden Homes. If you want to see the covenant governing the regions you can do so now by visiting the Linden Homes Preview region currently on display at the Home and Garden fair. Skyboxes will not be banned. They are acceptable at 2k m or higher only.  Here http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Linden Homes Preview/20/14/24

So it'll be like the other continents - not much to see or do outside of fly by. Shame, but then again, it is to be expected with a LH project.

1 minute ago, Ethan Paslong said:

.. it will make the total concept of Linden Homes undesireable for premiums .. whats the gain to own a home there for them than?

Simple - construct a small urban area to serve as a central meeting place for residents on the continent, and allow for the renting of parcels for the sale of items on those specific parcels.

Edited by Rathgrith027

Just now, Rathgrith027 said:

So it'll be like the other continents -

yep... and that's exactly what the Linden homes aren't meant for.
I'd not take a Linden home when my neighbour can make a dumpster or trailerpark in my backyard ....or some other unthinking player blocking my boatarea with his/her left behind boat..

19 minutes ago, Rathgrith027 said:

Simple - construct a small urban area to serve as a central meeting place for residents on the continent, and allow for the renting of parcels for the sale of items on those specific parcels.

No thank you. If that's what it would be, I'd just keep my mainland. I'm actually selling some mainland to get back 512 sqm so I can move to the new Linden homes. 

2 hours ago, Rathgrith027 said:

Have you looked at Horizons?

• Like 1

^ would love a line down into the Jeogeot Gulf, preferably even a two-sim wide one♥

I'm sure the owners there would accomodate, and it'd fit better for travelers going in and out of the Jeogeot mainland. More harbors and large airfields in the gulf than where it connects right now

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Joe Sparrow said:

one sim wide is plenty and forms a buffer for those making the crossing. besides no reason to ask for more than whats needed. 

I count 16 needed to go around the coast, it could be less if there are any linden protected waterways along the edges of any of those sims. I think much more value added for all with a coastal route, as it will make the route more enjoyable not to mention the added value for the additional land that will gain protected waterways access.

• Like 1

the coastal route marked in red. some of the land along the coast is not protected land meaning it needs a few more sims to go around it and that's not even counting Subak. to connect Subak would mean 19 sims. however id be happy with either as long as Guadalcanal got water access. which would be 20 sims. and slightly pushing our luck

542983290_17line.thumb.png.573c2bc1a6eabdcf569feec18b180b7d.png

• Like 1

That route would be less preferable for aircraft, and also would be more tedious for sailors I feel, having to sail around instead of straight and having to deal with prim-heavy coastal homes.

Imagine flying that route and hitting some homes boundary they set, much fun that'd be

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

While griefing is still an issue, it's not nearly as bad as it was in the past. 

Yep, it used to be an issue. It's not really problem any more, I have a feeling that most of that crowd grew up and moved on to VRChat. My club and boat dock have been open rez for 6 years without a single real problem. But it easy to trigger some people, and knowing they can be triggered into a reaction will attract people.

As premium only rez zones are no go, I think that rez-zones in the channel only are the best bet.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Joe Sparrow said:

@Patch Linden I made a grid map of the northern jeogeot area. came up with about 17 sims to link the central sea. this is the least amount of sim's to do it and it would let us rework both Tulagi/Guadalcanal into a larger port while also functioning as a gateway to the rez area. ✌️😃

328834291_17line.thumb.png.d22568377e828f66befa198ec53d63d2.png

I don't particularly care about how may regions it will take to do this, I'd rather go for realism than a region tunnel any day.

4 hours ago, Joe Sparrow said:

the coastal route marked in red. some of the land along the coast is not protected land meaning it needs a few more sims to go around it and that's not even counting Subak. to connect Subak would mean 19 sims. however id be happy with either as long as Guadalcanal got water access. which would be 20 sims. and slightly pushing our luck

542983290_17line.thumb.png.573c2bc1a6eabdcf569feec18b180b7d.png

I am more apt to follow the coastline and put in whatever is needed to navigate through and around the area in red.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

7 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

I don't particularly care about how may regions it will take to do this, I'd rather go for realism than a region tunnel any day.

I am more apt to follow the coastline and put in whatever is needed to navigate through and around the area in red.  

we're not really picky down here either way as long as everyone's having fun

probably something more like this id guess? maybe a few give or take to smooth it

1355776831_17line.thumb.png.c0c2ff4fccba725a6f925286790abbb0.png

we've been brainstorming some ideas for our port. the current setup makes it somewhat difficult to design a port for ships that get up to 100m to navigate. we did consider asking to have guadal moved at one point. but that was far before SSP came to light

port.png.5398d400ac1a6848b81d099b1a40e9aa.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

While I can concede the point of the others that the straight line would be easier to navigate I think it would be better and more fun to have the water way wrap around the continent too. Fair enough it's easier to navigate but it's also boring to navigate and by keeping the waterway next to the continent it leaves the connected land open for new seaports and airports in addition to the residential we'd obviously expect. I also think it leaves more room available for later expansion in the long run if things work out really well. Also having a set of angled sims would provide a more sufficient buffer for those concerned about the proliferation of the warships as those looking to just cause trouble are less likely to take the trouble of navigating the tedium, not that they could do much without rez other than smoke and make flashing lights lol

With the sims wrapping along the mainland I feel it'd cause issues for aircraft though. Unless someone buys out land and puts a great fat airport at the mouth of the current connection, it'd be much better to have a line of sims going straight down into subak so the larger aircraft don't have to deal with the problems that come with flying over homes and can cut straight down into Jadu and deeper into the gulf instead.

And even if someone does put an airport at the current mouth to the seabridge it wouldn't be very connected to the rest of the mainland what with the lack of roads. And it isn't as if it'd really deter anyone who wants to cause trouble, they just rez in their trouble-train in some port at the mouth of the seabridge rather than in the gulf itself and sail/fly out from there.

I just think it'd be much more convenient for both sailors and pilots if we had a line going straight down into Subak instead.