SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

2 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Ok so Patch has some rather interesting recent images on his Flickr that may be some hints?
Does anyone recognize any of these as current LDPW games inworld?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/patchlinden/42837037795/in/dateposted/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/patchlinden/30015993648/in/dateposted/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/patchlinden/43976302211/in/dateposted/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/patchlinden/29246315367/in/dateposted/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/patchlinden/43482482954/in/dateposted/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/patchlinden/30349383858/in/dateposted/

He also hints here that this is a new game.

This is a huge new continent though - seems too big for a new game.

My guess so far is that it's the new 1024m Linden Home continent that may also incorporate a new LDPW game, like Horizons did.

I guessed game FIRST!!!!!!   But yes that is a damn big game so I was also thinking may be "lodging" of some kind also. Maybe the first part with the tall cliffs and such that we saw at the beginning (and the PORTAL photo from Patch) is the "Single Survivor Player" game. There are a couple in there that look like the next round of the Realms and I guess the "Arizona" ones could be part of that. But the rock monster in the black lands is definitely REALMS-LIKE :D.   

Adding: If the whirlwinds and such are a new game (look fun) I HOPE they are going to do something so that folks stick around. That glytch game was fun but once you got the canon there wasn't anything else to do and no real "rewards". REWARD ARE GOOD even if little ones.

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info

2 hours ago, animats said:

The map server no longer seems to handle zooming out very far. Can't even get all of Sansara on screen, let alone find SSPland again.

Known recent bug: BUG-225252

I noticed this last night, but hadn't had a chance to investigate and wasn't sure if it was the Firestorm viewer or a fluke or something I was doing or what.  Thanks for the bug reference.

2 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

Hmmm!   Can anyone guess where?

Where?

Judging by the fact that SSP124 has had a dot on it now for hours today, and the fact the terrain in the picture is very... sculpted like two eyes (circles) which matches the "HI!" terrain, I assume you are at SSP124? :)

Edited by absolutelycrazy
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Gingir Ghoststar said:

Please, Lindens, Moles, hear my plea. We need a new, meshy, pretty, town like Bay City. Preferably with community guidelines so we don't get random floating flashing stuff. A city. An actual city. Please and thank you. 

Bay City is pretty?

No, we don't need a city ....

You want a City. There's a difference.

Personally I'd like to see a new fantasy or woodland themed area but again, that is my preference, just as it is your preference for a city.

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Gingir Ghoststar said:

Preferably with community guidelines so we don't get random floating flashing stuff.

we have loads, pages full... nearly a library full of guidelines, advices and so on...

problem is a bit.... "we" write them down, and do nothing unless some people, preferably a lot of them, send in AR's .. or make the problem clear on the forums.

If there would be a actively team on these things half of your post would be solved.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, animats said:

[redacted] has many homes on lots in the 1000 m^2 range. Their areas look good. Better than Linden Homes A, B, and C.

But they have a problem.

[picture removed]

Too many [redacted] homes look like this.

That could be see as 'Name and Shame' which would be in violation of the Community Standards

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gingir Ghoststar said:

Please, Lindens, Moles, hear my plea. We need a new, meshy, pretty, town like Bay City. Preferably with community guidelines so we don't get random floating flashing stuff. A city. An actual city. Please and thank you. 

Linden Homes have guidelines / rules.  You can also get plenty of those sorts of places on private estates.  LL shouldn't need to waste time policing another huge mainland community.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Oh what's the problem here? Some folks not properly signing out of their house contracts?... please don't make a rental company look bad on the Forums by posting a pic of one of their unpayed parcels...

all rental properties repo parcels when the rent is late. I think their approach is quite amusing.

it doesn't make the company look bad at all.

10 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Bay City is pretty?

It was meant to be. It still is in places. IF they could get a group to actively police the area, to make it meet the theme standards, that would be great. There is proof to show that a themed town area, with changing seasons, rules on what you can build, how you can build, ect work. There have been many communities built around this. Of course with them being privately run the owners end up moving on to something else eventually. If we had a team of LL folks that policed (hey offer 10 folks free premium for policing this area) we might be able to keep the place from turning into the old mainland. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Linden Homes have guidelines / rules.  You can also get plenty of those sorts of places on private estates.  LL shouldn't need to waste time policing another huge mainland community.

And there is a choice of about 4 homes, there are no changing seasons. No roads. No community there. I am aware we can get those kinds of places on private estates but they tend to blink out of existence due to this or that. I'd love to see a place that LL forms a community government for. That is active. Holidays, seasons, events. That has building guidelines, ect. That has a HOA of sorts. I think there is a draw for that. The newer Adult rated towns had the right idea, but without putting a community in place they are empty, stagnated even. But what do I know? People in RL don't pay to live in beautifully manicured neighborhoods with HOAs, rules on what their homes can look like, what can be in their yards, how high their fences are ect ect right? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Gingir Ghoststar said:

People in RL don't pay to live in beautifully manicured neighborhoods with HOAs, rules on what their homes can look like, what can be in their yards, how high their fences are ect ect right? 

Actually, I do not.  When my husband and I purchased our home, we specifically made sure we were in a location that did not have any HOA rules on what we could do.  The only rules we have to follow are the City's building codes, which take care of controlling the basics.

Some of us prefer full freedom in our individual choices.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Actually, I do not.  When my husband and I purchased our home, we specifically made sure we were in a location that did not have any HOA rules on what we could do.  The only rules we have to follow are the City's building codes, which take care of controlling the basics.

Some of us prefer full freedom in our individual choices.

Which the rest of the mainland would do you fine for then, correct? But what about those of us who would pay for that type of area LL ran to live in? 

• Haha 1