SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

On 1/24/2023 at 7:47 AM, Persephone Emerald said:

There's at least one feature I like in a SL home that's less useful in a RL one - a 2nd floor (1st floor for the UK and Europe) balcony. As in RL, an upper floor provides a better view, but it also provides an extra couple minutes to deal with potential strangers wandering into one's SL home and a great spot to land when flying about outside.

I grew up in one of those types of "ranch houses" and would not want one in SL. Give me 2 stories in SL, so I can have more rooms and more yard, just as very sensible people do in countries that don't have as much open space to build on as California still has.

Your point about two stories is very valid, and I agree.

Some of us want a big yard, and a big sprawling house without an upper floor takes away that possibility.

It is possible to close the upper floor with a textured prim that cover the staircase, if it is no more Li and we find the house too big, too many rooms.

Two stories homes should be included, no matter if they fit the "ranch" theme or not. LL has not been very accurate in naming other themes...

On 1/24/2023 at 5:55 AM, Abnor Mole said:

Wiser words have never been said

But speculations are going to pop up... and it is a bit fun to guess.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was negative to Newbrooke, it was many things, but I belive the massive black/dark wood and dark bricks played a part. When I tried a couple, I fell in love with the inside. So I had to eat my own words... Grr, Newbrooke is one of the houses I prefer on my list. (I still don't like the blackness)

So contemporary homes, big windows and not so much black would be lovely for me. And empty floorplans, pls do not leave stubs of walls... the empty options should be empty.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

It's road and canal networks are nearly impassible because they are "a maze of twisty little passages, all alike".

Adventure was my first computer game experience. It might be fun to have a mostly text-based Adventure-like game in the Fantasy Homes regions. That phrase and it's variants are stuck in my head,

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Well, that I doubt.  Because Fantasseria is not just another Belli place to go ... it is a land apart, reachable only through a portal that is a bit dangerous to traverse ... right?  It is, as Diamond put it in another thread, a Lost Land - but purposely so.  Think about it, it is DIFFERENT from the rest of Belli.  It's road and canal networks are nearly impassible because they are "a maze of twisty little passages, all alike".  It is seasonal.  It has its own alphabet.  It has a touch of horror.  It frigging GLOWS.  

3 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

Adventure was my first computer game experience. It might be fun to have a mostly text-based Adventure-like game in the Fantasy Homes regions. That phrase and it's variants are stuck in my head,

Forever stuck, yes!  I think that's a great suggestion, in fact it COULD be like a scavenger hunt.  There are interesting little destinations scattered around Fantasseria, not just in the recreational regions.  

Prizes could be unique mole trading cards, OR ... and this would bring out Belli residents more than anything ... individual Belli landscaping plants or items.  A couple of Ancient Mole's fabulous rocks, or one of Fantasseria's terrific twisty trees, etc..  Or maybe you start with an empty bracelet, and gems in it get filled in when you find the locations?  Then when you have them all, you go to Eyrie and pick up your prize?  Maybe a fantasy avatar?

@Abnor Mole, @Patch Linden diamond & I give you this idea for FREE!

I'm available on a consulting basis for scripting & custom pestering.

• Like 9

Actually, the more I think about a "fantasy tunnel" boring through coastal mountains and plunging into the sea, the more it appeals to me. You see, we're not talking about an ordinary, mundane car tunnel here.This will be a tunnel that redefines the entire concept of tunneldom! On the Log side, it will start as an ordinary dirt road as it disappears into the mountain and descends into the sea. But then, as you go farther under the channel, you will start noticing changes. The rough-hewn granite walls, the texture of the road, glowing crystals embedded into walls providing soft illumination. The road doesn't go straight, but twists and turns, maybe even splits into several directions, marked only by cryptic signage. From time to time, the tunnel widens into cave-like spaces, landscaped with strange vegetation, maybe providing rez zones and wayfinding stations for weary travelers. Finally, after one or two kilometers, you emerge in Fantasyland. "Dorothy, we sure are not in the Logs any more!"

Edit: I want to add that the entrances to the tunnel at both ends should be hidden and unmarked save for a cryptic symbol, so intrepid travelers will have to discover them on their own. An adventure unto itself, and plays right into the overall fantasy theme.

Edited by SanFroggy
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2023 at 9:09 PM, SanFroggy said:

Actually, the more I think about a "fantasy tunnel" boring through coastal mountains and plunging into the sea, the more it appeals to me. You see, we're not talking about an ordinary, mundane car tunnel here.This will be a tunnel that redefines the entire concept of tunneldom! On the Log side, it will start as an ordinary dirt road as it disappears into the mountain and descends into the sea. But then, as you go farther under the channel, you will start noticing changes. The rough-hewn granite walls, the texture of the road, glowing crystals embedded into walls providing soft illumination. The road doesn't go straight, but twists and turns, maybe even splits into several directions, marked only by cryptic signage. From time to time, the tunnel widens into cave-like spaces, landscaped with strange vegetation, maybe providing rez zones and wayfinding stations for weary travelers. Finally, after one or two kilometers, you emerge in Fantasyland. "Dorothy, we sure are not in the Logs any more!"

Edit: I want to add that the entrances to the tunnel at both ends should be hidden and unmarked save for a cryptic symbol, so intrepid travelers will have to discover them on their own. An adventure unto itself, and plays right into the overall fantasy theme.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, benchthis said:

I suppose we shouldn't be surprised that the Ozarks are actually weirder than Fantasseria?

https://www.springfieldmo.org/things-to-do/parks-and-trails/caves/

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome. There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:
1 hour ago, benchthis said:

I suppose we shouldn't be surprised that the Ozarks are actually weirder than Fantasseria?

https://www.springfieldmo.org/things-to-do/parks-and-trails/caves/

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome. There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Yah it's different seeing a thriving underground city vs like discovery or history channel showing abandoned underground places. 

I love walk through videos, I have not seen this one yet, going to watch. It will have more of the pretty things that are found in natural caves. 

• Like 1

Just now, SanFroggy said:

Is this the westernmost Stilt home ever?? On an island all by its lonesome in Shallow Passage region, surrounded by Victorians. How did it get there I wonder?

ShallowPassage-WestStiltviewE_001.jpg

That was an ACS auction winner, similar to the one I won last year and, assuming the Lindens treated this one the same, you get to choose which theme you would like on your parcel.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Yep, mine too and there is a private, hidden rez zone as well. I found another auction home in Ebbe Tide or Ebb Tide, I forget which.

It is one in Cedarburg too. It has a house and a houseboat. Even if Cedarburg is in the middle of Traditionals (Old Belli) it was a Victorian there for a while.

But I have not been there and looked at the island, for a long time.

I don't think they will go out on the land page after the year of free living is over. New auction winners move in, or the first one continue to live there and pay Premium.

I don't know.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

It is one in Cedarburg too. It has a house and a houseboat. Even if Cedarburg is in the middle of Traditionals (Old Belli) it was a Victorian there for a while.

But I have not been there and looked at the island, for a long time.

I don't think they will go out on the land page after the year of free living is over. New auction winners move in, or the first one continue to live there and pay Premium.

I don't know.

Yes, Marianne, you are absolutely correct except no houseboat living on Cedarburg right now.  The Cedarburg one currently belongs to an alt of mine cuz I did not want to give up my chalet in Goldilocks.  The auction winner before me had held it for over two years.  I have found a bit of information on the other two auction lots I have found just through the land info on them.  So far I have not found more than the three mentioned on this thread.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 dots in SSPVCR.  Heavy QA activity?

Earlier, there were 5 dots in one region in SSP4000-SSP4035, but now there's only one hopping around.  That block of regions happens to be the perfect size to fill the lower half of the donut hole in Newbrooke.

/me glances at her gadgets.  Oh, Patch is inworld.  Hmmm.

sspvcr.JPG.0b222c0dbd5eca5d7e2eb1cf36755eeb.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

6 dots in SSPVCR.  Heavy QA activity?

Earlier, there were 5 dots in one region in SSP4000-SSP4035, but now there's only one hopping around.  That block of regions happens to be the perfect size to fill the lower half of the donut hole in Newbrooke.

/me glances at her gadgets.  Oh, Patch is inworld.  Hmmm.

sspvcr.JPG.0b222c0dbd5eca5d7e2eb1cf36755eeb.JPG

Just another party I was not invited too

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

On 2/15/2023 at 12:30 PM, benchthis said:

Yah it's different seeing a thriving underground city vs like discovery or history channel showing abandoned underground places. 

I love walk through videos, I have not seen this one yet, going to watch. It will have more of the pretty things that are found in natural caves. 

I went to those caverns when I was very young.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I went to those caverns when I was very young.

Neat looking place, around there all kinds of natural caves along creeks. Popular cave place for the elite cave people at one time? These crystal caves in northern mexico 25 min below ground are pretty, but can only be in there for brief time cause of heat from being near core. 

Edited by benchthis
  • Like 2

"Last night, I dreamt I [of] Manderley again...."  (apologies to Daphne du Maurier.)  I don't remember ever dreaming about SL before but last night I dreamed that I was standing at the southern edge of the Newbrooke Void and I saw each of the void regions in it edged in thick red squares on the map. 

Prophecy?  Impatience?  Nightmare?  Who knows.....  🤷‍♀️ 🤷‍♀️

• Like 3
  • Haha 2