SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

Patch Linden just told me and some others that he'd posted a photographic hint in the Bellisseria Citizens group about the next LH theme. He shared that photo (below) with me and the others too. This feels suspiciously like a wind-up (prank) to me, but I thought I'd share it anyway.

e4fb17cf23a9a2f86478b826e584f1c0.png

^ A wall, yesterday.

Patch's photo shows him wearing a winter Puffa-style jacket inside an undisclosed mystery room which has unevenly textured white walls. He was wearing the same jacket at the place we talked in.

Please note that this jacket was just what he was wearing at the time and may NOT actually be anything to do with this theme or its climate. Hmm?!

Patch also said "this theme will have a home that has a feature we've never done before, it'll be fun. :)"

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Patch Linden just told me and some others that he'd posted a photographic hint in the Belisseria Citizens group about the next LH theme. He shared this photo (below) with me and the others too. This feels suspiciously like a wind-up (prank) to me, but I thought I'd share it anyway.

Did you mean to just post a pic of his elbow??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Patch also said "this theme will have a home that has a feature we've never done before, it'll be fun. :)"

Hmm...new home features...maybe modular so you can place doors and walls where you want, to create your own floor plans, or homes that are not at ground level like tree homes or something. It'll be fun to see what it will be!

• Like 4

I did some thinking about my last post's photo "hint" and came up with a possible feature idea of my own.

No, it isn't for free Puffa jackets for all LH occupants. But DO please feel free to ask SantaPatch, he might bring you one for Christmas... 😜

My idea, if this isn't already a thing (or a planned thing!),  is for a new feature which allows the LH occupant to choose and apply their own internal wall textures (including bumpmaps and shininess/glossiness/intensity etc.) from the occupants own inventory (or through UUID linking), not just from the presumably limited choices found in the LH HUD menu.

Although this has idea has many possibilities and positives , it does have a real danger of an inexperienced LH occupant unintentionally ruining their home by adding too much shine and bumpiness to the house's mesh and unintentionally increasing the limited Land Impact (LI) totals massively in the LH parcel. So the need for a ready-made solution exists...

Independant content creators could buy a theoretical "Linden Homes Creators Kit " licence from LL (containing all the relevant LH homes texture mapping, mesh linkset data and permissions), to allow the creation of ready-made decoration "appliers" which could be sold for each theme and each house type.

This would allow the LH occupant to easily and instantly transform their own LH internal walls by clicking a viewer HUD or inworld rezzed object, such as a pot of paint, a paint roller, or roll of wallpaper.

The same could be done for floors, doors and ceilings too.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

The main boat channel that runs through the Chalet regions is now connected to the newer water channel still being built between the northern Chalet and southern Newbrooke regions.

Boats can now move between these two water channels using a third smaller, shallower channel located between the Phloom and Brookside regions.

1275650911_PhloomChannel29Dec2022.thumb.jpg.81cc8d93aa8682dab364ded3acb5439b.jpg

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

The main boat channel that runs through the Chalet regions is now connected to the newer water channel still being built between the northern Chalet and southern Newbrooke regions.

Boats can now move between these two water channels using a third smaller, shallower channel located between the Phloom and Brookside regions.

1275650911_PhloomChannel29Dec2022.thumb.jpg.81cc8d93aa8682dab364ded3acb5439b.jpg

Ah, yes, I had seen some pics of this small water channel but did not fully realize where it went.  Thank you!

1267496798_WaterChannel_001.thumb.jpg.0978b6f94c4778a250154a184d9f26cb.jpg

923157123_WaterChannel_003.thumb.jpg.c80b995aad31358740f31db765ca20ec.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

This connector channel is actually navigable in boats up to the size of a Bandit 170, however, sometimes you have to find just the right spot under the center of a bridge. Sailboats with non-phantom masts will not pass bridges (unless you move them by editing).

• Like 3

On 12/31/2022 at 11:31 AM, Frigga Freidman said:

Hmmm, there are some nice tropical/Stilt-landscape-ish Newbrookes on the way - I find these much more appealing than the suburban environment ones dominated by concrete walls/fences. These are in SSPSolomon Reef and SSPThunder Quay.

newb.jpg

newb2.jpg

These are quite nice! Now we just need grass with those palms. I would actually consider re-subbing and trying for a home again if they did ha.

Edit: It actually appears they have. Unfortunately surrounded by HB though. HB areas tend to be lagzilla from any i'd tried prior..

Edited by CalypsoJewel
  • Like 3

On 12/31/2022 at 8:31 AM, Frigga Freidman said:

Hmmm, there are some nice tropical/Stilt-landscape-ish Newbrookes on the way - I find these much more appealing than the suburban environment ones dominated by concrete walls/fences. These are in SSPSolomon Reef and SSPThunder Quay.

newb.jpg

newb2.jpg

Newbrook houses on sand look so out of place to me. Personally I prefer stilts on the beach and newbrook in more of a grassy or park-like setting.

• Like 2

Before the new year, some of us went on a train ride with the moles and mostly survived. There are now rezzers for the trolleys/trains at the stations. We were part of history! Only thing of note, if you really pack on the people, it gives up on chairs and just starts sticking you to the doorframes and such.

Also, the borders have continued going red on the big houseboat area. Getting there.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

Before the new year, some of us went on a train ride with the moles and mostly survived. There are now rezzers for the trolleys/trains at the stations. We were part of history! Only thing of note, if you really pack on the people, it gives up on chairs and just starts sticking you to the doorframes and such.

Also, the borders have continued going red on the big houseboat area. Getting there.

Here is the Gyazo that Abnor Mole posted about the Trolley rezzer, in the group chat yesterday. 

Edited by Betth Ashbourne
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1