SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

2 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

You know what kills that feeling? The thing that makes us question why we bother? When it seems like it's still not enough or people act like they are being told no because we just don't want to do their super amazing idea; or we just want to be mean; or we don't know what we are talking about; or they are going to go over our heads and "talk to the manager" as if they're going to get a different answer. smh.

22 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

@Derrick Linden@Abnor Mole 

Thanks for the Satori-Bellisseria water linkup at Stromberg, I appreciate, enjoy and like it a lot and all,

BUT....

559309287_Jeogoetnewcoastalsims.thumb.PNG.b8b89ebc051594fba2c5e1513600cfa9.PNG

^ You created 18 new coastal water regions along existing landlocked coastline at northern Jeogeot in April 2019.

Fantasseria.thumb.jpg.58382cdf335be1118a4118de2998d4e2.jpg

^ You created Fantasseria with a single region wide space between it and Jeogeot continent. (And the other Bellisseria sub-continents)

So why did you build Newbrooke to the west of Satori with a double region wide void gap , instead of just a single void?

A single region void would have "only" needed 18 new water regions to fill it to potentially create a new common sea strait running between Bellisseria and Satori. But instead, a double region wide void was created, which requires 36 water regions to fill!

You could add/relocate another group/column of Houseboat regions to the east of Newbrooke, narrowing the void to a single region wide space, which 17 water regions could then (theoretically) fill, instead of 34. 

133926119_NewbrookeNewSingleGap17Aug2022.thumb.png.cff5c8beb60b49b062452079cc744091.png

^ Alternatively, the entire north of Newbrooke (bordering Satori) could be shifted one region space east! 😜

And if you did do that, don't forget to save and move SSPDeep Anchor down next to Klebb to reuse it. Then you would need "only" 16 new water regions to create the full "Satori Strait" between the two continents,  which most people living and using that area wanted!

Maybe you read this post again Abnor. Many solutions are suggested here by Sarah for at least a few hundred Secondlife customer and victims. It is more and more a mystery why you keep your leg stiff.

You unlock one continent and not the other, you created the contradictions yourself. This problem requires solutions. And if you can't or don't want to provide those solutions, then maybe someone else in the organization with a larger helicoper view can and will. 

Of course a great performance has been delivered, but unfortunately the finish is below standards, and can be better, with a minimum of effort. 

• Haha 2

• Moles
14 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

Do you want to go enjoy what we've spent several weeks making possible or do you want to keep telling us we are wrong (need to do more, didn't do it the way you wanted, etc) and pushing for something that we've said over and over is not possible... in which case I can just close the thread.

Option #2 it is I guess. 

• Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

When @Maitimo mentioned that chunks of the old homes were gone, I checked on an old home. It was there, but I don't remember what the continent looked like. On the map I found four old LH continents, but only remember 2 or 3.  Were continents split? Is this what Maitimo means by chunks of homes are already gone? Or,  are some LHs really gone? 😵111873263_oldlindenhomes.thumb.png.088b4178e9d6caae8274aa1c605afeb6.png  

Look at block 1 - that one is complete. Now compare with block 2 - it's not the same - most of the Elderglen and Shareta regions are missing. Those four blocks all used to be identical (except for the sandboxes to the west of block 1).

• Thanks 1

I’m glad you haven’t kept this topic locked Abnor. It’s always one of the first I look for when I check the forums & it’s exciting to see updates on what’s going on when I can’t get inworld to see things for myself. I was super excited when I read about the beach becoming a Rez zone at Chiffre & so were many others. After years of people wanting the continents connected I feel sad reading some of these comments. Things may not be exactly as some wanted but for every person who comes on here to complain, there are many, many more who love the developments & appreciate what has been done. Despite the complaints,  you & the other moles have made many people happy with what you have done & rekindled interest in SL for a lot of us older residents. For that I say thank you.

Edited by Tamara Adored
Spelling errors
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 4

14 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

So the Lab may or may not add coastline to these void adjacent regions?  Deciding to not add coastline there would be very disappointing.  I'm not sure my OCD could handle it.  

image.png.a8f8655001000da4b5bed841dd41962f.png

This is the area where I was thinking there could be a plan with unresolved options.

1: Those hard edges are unresolved. There's one spot where the railway is obviously meant to be continued northwards. The map doesn't show the big river, starting at about the NE corner, running through the Chalet sub-continent, and reaching the southern tip of Satori. It would make sense for there to be a connecting channel.

2: Assume a continuous, usable, water-edge channel somewhere north of the current hard-edge. What type of sub-continent forms the north side doesn't have to be defined. The current rail line is likely to continue, and that could rule out one or two possibilities, such as a fantasy theme.

3: The rail lines of Bellisseria are different to those elsewhere, mainly the parcel permissions that apply, and their use does depend on somebody doing the scripting work, and making it available. We do have a couple of multi-vehicle trains that work well, so we know a useful-looking train is possible. I have made efficient all-mesh trains which use the old scripts. The old-style scripts have a weakness for such things as a steam locomotive with tender, and bogie railcars, which can start to look wrong. I have tried to work out better scripts.

4:  No names, but there is at least one producer of new trains who still depends on the old-style scripts Some of their products might be usable on the Bellisseria lines, but there's no sign in the item descriptions that they are aware of the difference.

• Like 1

Thank you for not locking the thread @Abnor Mole it is one I always check in the foruns. Please don't let some people, luckily few, spoil our fun. The rest of us know life does't work that way.

Now, I wonder when the rest of those houseboats near the chalets will be released, I went boating there a couple of times and the place is beautiful.

• Like 12

Another forum reader here who appreciates this thread staying open, though I can understand Abnor's frustration.  I hope he understands that a few entitled whiners do not speak for the majority.  And I hope sailing people realize this sub forum and thread are about Linden Homes - not How Much More Should LL Do for the Sailing Community.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5

I hope I'm not being viewed as one of the "entitled whiners."  I simply like to see things finished.  That northern Log Land coastline has been there a long time, relatively speaking, and seeing other theme areas get added with finished coastlines does make me question if they have had to abandon or delay plans to finish it for one reason or another.

I do not think this is a case of adding regions that don't generate income, but I suppose that depends what they have/had planned there.  

My hope is that they are still working on something that is going to be north of that area, and it's simply not practical to put in the transitional regions at this time.  

I don't expect an explanation or a response, but knowing that there are definite plans to finish it at some point would be nice.  Life will go on either way.    

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

I hope I'm not being viewed as one of the "entitled whiners." 

Your words. 

It is almost a certainty that Linden Lab has "plans to finish". Be comforted. However, they are not required to share them or provide a timetable. Every day that Second Life is "on the air" is a gift.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Moles
15 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

I hope I'm not being viewed as one of the "entitled whiners."  I simply like to see things finished.  That northern Log Land coastline has been there a long time, relatively speaking, and seeing other theme areas get added with finished coastlines does make me question if they have had to abandon or delay plans to finish it for one reason or another.

I do not think this is a case of adding regions that don't generate income, but I suppose that depends what they have/had planned there.  

My hope is that they are still working on something that is going to be north of that area, and it's simply not practical to put in the transitional regions at this time.  

I don't expect an explanation or a response, but knowing that there are definite plans to finish it at some point would be nice.  Life will go on either way.    

You're fine, Matthieu. The wondering is natural. We expect that. The speculation is natural too. We expect that as well. It's when residents come up with their own detailed plans of what we should do and when it doesn't happen that way (sometimes for reasons we can address, but more often for reasons we cannot) they get upset and believe they are entitled to a detailed explanation why or that it is still up for debate. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 6

I've followed this thread from the very beginning and get updates via email. I just want to say that what's been created in Belisseria is astounding. I would never have expected a connection from Sansara to Jeogeot and now onward north through Satori in the time it's happened.

To all those who have planned this and for all the creativity and hard work I want to say a heartfelt thank you! I will look forward to what happens next.

Oh, and thanks for keeping the thread open as it's a wonderful history of the Bellisserian expansion.

Edited by Lloyd Overland
Typo
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 6

SANSARA to GAETA V by boat - Completed! (reverse of 16th August 2022 voyage)

135545052_OsmiumSansaraStart19Aug2022.thumb.jpg.15d210f3a36a6dfeeb001d00ee2a5413.jpg

Start: Osmium, Sansara (10:32:00 SLT, 19th August 2022)

1121459566_OsmiumSansaratoGiuseppeGaetaV19Aug2022.thumb.png.fd49b4f88049a0456973d7ab63e4274a.png

1119125732_GiuseppeGaetaVFinish19Aug2022.thumb.jpg.54a4d2b8e1244f5bd1621810d622be44.jpg

Finish: Giuseppe, Gaeta V (12:07:44 SLT, 19th August 2022)

Start Time: 10:32:00 SLT

Finish Time: 12:07:44 SLT

Total Trip Time: 1h:45m:44s

Total regions: 506

Total distance: 114.97 km (71.43 miles)

Top speed: 51.88 knots (59.70 mph or 96.08 km/h)

Average speed: 35.21 knots (40.53 mph or 65.22 km/h)

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 5

This isn't exactly an SSP post, but close to it. I noticed a nice water passage through the Chalet Homes, running from what will likely be a water passage between the Chalets & Newbrooks to the big river that runs through the Chalets & then to the Houseboats on the south-east coast.  This is going to be a fun subcontinent for boating.

107022292_2ndChaletHomewaterpassage_001.thumb.jpg.21ce43d6476292c96331bf67e1459a7c.jpg

The Western end of the Newbrook-Chalet channel

1419163752_SSPLandhoJosieBanks-Aug10_003.thumb.jpg.4399e5102de170b6d2cbe9aa420e1ef3.jpg

The Eastern end of the Newbrook-Chalet channel

153573215_SSPCampMontazuma-Aug10_001.thumb.jpg.760083336631283d5d5d4ac830a4dc50.jpg

The Northeastern Newbrook coast

29444154_SSPSloopJohn-Aug.12_001.thumb.jpg.90d5f6c3f2ff744e599e9560f83956c0.jpg

The Northern Houseboat regions

514406173_SSPShellYeah-Aug.12_002.thumb.jpg.8eb450061ffa6dc9949483df39397e49.jpg

The new water passage to Satori and the Blake Sea

Chiffre_001.thumb.jpg.c05664aa0cfee1020ccac0c65665b98a.jpg

Edited by Persephone Emerald
spelling & directionally challenged
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I noticed a nice water passage through the Chalet Homes

Excellent observation. I just motored from Citadel lake to Phloom in a Bandit 170, which would likely be the largest sized boat that could make this trip (it passes all bridges with bimini up). As you imply, once in Phloom one will be able to go along the (currently unfinished) diagonal to either the east or west coast of the Newbrookes. Great for paddled or motorized small boats. Your posts are SSP thread appropriate as we are discussing yet to be SSP regions :)

chalet waterway.jpg

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

@Persephone Emerald

Phloom's significance isn't exactly "new". I do remember purposely mentioning the waterway to Phloom (which bisects the northern Chalets) back in October 2021 as a potential analogous route to the similar southern waterway which bisects the southern Chalets (between Poplar Springs and Citadel Lake) to the southern coast.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen

3 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

Excellent observation. I just motored from Citadel lake to Phloom in a Bandit 170, which would likely be the largest sized boat that could make this trip (it passes all bridges with bimini up). As you imply, once in Phloom one will be able to go along the (currently unfinished) diagonal to either the east or west coast of the Newbrookes. Great for paddled or motorized small boats. Your posts are SSP thread appropriate as we are discussing yet to be SSP regions :)

chalet waterway.jpg

That boat looks pretty good for using in the Bellisseria water channels.

• Like 4

I just made it from my home on stilts in Abaft to my family's sailing and beach club in Twice Bitten.  Tight protected channel in Lamashtu and along the edge of Chloris and Atira, but it was doable in my Hunter CR10 rib.  Looking forward to seeing if more open water is added along the edge for easier passage.

• Like 5

On 8/17/2022 at 9:17 PM, Abnor Mole said:

You know what kills that feeling? The thing that makes us question why we bother? When it seems like it's still not enough or people act like they are being told no because we just don't want to do their super amazing idea; or we just want to be mean; or we don't know what we are talking about; or they are going to go over our heads and "talk to the manager" as if they're going to get a different answer. smh.

Hopefully, another happy user saying "Thank You" will help a wee bit.

Sure, we would all love it if we could make a wish and it came true, just as we imagined it, five seconds later, but that is not the real world.

Thanks again.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1