SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

Looking over expectantly from SSPChowder Head northwards: Flat terrain was just now replaced with relief. This is amazing to witness! A big thank-you to all Moles and Lindens who are making this happen!

944464605_SSPChowderHead_001.thumb.png.2c15f46d6d5bd5e0ec8611e2a4713e09.png

Edited by 4lice Cerise
+img
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, 4lice Cerise said:

And they are:

1091-1099;1014
SSPMidas Touch
SSPSquash Ladder
SSPVodka Twist
SSPScooter Park
SSPAllegretto Grazioso
SSPMoondog
SSPGodot Waits
SSPKermits Green
SSPGustoso Gelato

These are so far the northernmost regions of Bellisseria — not counting the temporary SSP regions faraway north, of course. May it grow! XD

• Like 3

Wow! 14 new regions added, the Northern most edge of Bellisseria so far!  

Here's a few pictures showing the rough edges of hills, so we're obviously going to have more added Later TM .

From SSP Chowder Head looking Northward

1462797205_SSPChowderHead-July12022_001.thumb.jpg.b785264569cba9b98663e3632110b224.jpg

from SSP Midas Touch looking Southward

1070592571_SSPMidasTouch-July12022_001.thumb.jpg.693451d90a1986b0922bfb5213e6ccee.jpg

The corner between Vodka Twist and Scooter Park

1047685417_SSPScooterParkVodkaTwist-July12022_001.thumb.jpg.3f143d6cdc8920bbcd8bd70649fd6523.jpg

SSP Moondog (apparently the highest peak so far along the Northern edge)

814770351_SSPMoondog-July12022_001.thumb.jpg.27aa21128684ff6a3456cb933e3b164a.jpg

SSP Godot Waits (the furthest East for green grassland)

269119943_SSPGodotWaits-July12022_001.thumb.jpg.27711e44396011e242aeed55a1e33746.jpg

SSP Kermits Green (the furthest East & only 2 regions away from the West coast of Satori)

1374441293_SSPKermitsGreen-July12022_002.thumb.jpg.1cb332f51fe6b234466b2bb2cf59dd6d.jpg

• Like 6

I've been watching the various expansions since about Jan 2021simply because I live on Satori nearby and also had a stilt later on.

The continual progression NE towards Satori has been very interesting and would love to think one day we could sail all the way from Jeogeot up to Gaeta V - what a cruise! I have land right on the drop-off edge of Satori and this is the view (if you squint hard, max Draw range and hop between continents lol) from my balcony plus the latest map that I can fathom of what is going on - Abnor was v busy past few days :)

Satori sunset view of Bellisseria JUL 22.jpg

SSP building near Satori 2nd July 2022.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

1414747558_SSPNorthernNewbrookHouseboats.thumb.jpg.6f2ee2505e124c69465e51292f5e5dc0.jpg

Is it just me or does it look like there's going to be a kind of circle-spiral pattern for the bits of land North-East of the current Newbrook Homes?

Also, I think it's worth mentioning that there is a strip of abandoned land running from the coast at Orlov. It doesn't go all the way across to the Route 8C, but what isn't abandoned land is either for sale or belongs to skybox rental agencies. I don't think it's too wild to imagine LL buying or otherwise allocating enough land there to create a road from the coast to route 8 C.

• Like 6

They've had the ones with the copies of the final houses for a bit. I'm not sure about the other active regions.

The random region ghosts are builds from previous events. I can see Fantasy Faire, RFL track regions and the American Cancer Society. I'd hazard a guess that they were testing out event regions by using clones of past big events. Which isn't much of a guess, as I know they asked Fantasy Faire people to help stress test a clone of an old region at one point.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

The random region ghosts are builds from previous events.

It's easy to spot the difference on the map — either inworld or from a viewer snapshot like above: Actual, normal regions (which may or may not be freely accessible) have their name on the map at the lower left corner, with added rating and number of avatars on, optionally with grid coordinates, while ghosts are just map tiles, without any added text, visible but otherwise amounting to the same as the plain blue void: No region there.

(Of course we saw recently that sometimes what the map shows as void may be a freshly available new region, still not caught up on the map. And if by coincidence that grid spot does still have a ghost tile showing, it can be a bit misleading for a while.)

Edited by 4lice Cerise
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I don't know if these regions have been reported on yet or not. They're in the far south-west corner of the map.

Could "PP Dev" = Premium Plus Development?

It could! 😃

Region PP Dev is on grid coordinates (446,676), btw.

• Like 3

On 7/2/2022 at 10:29 PM, Persephone Emerald said:

there is a strip of abandoned land running from the coast at Orlov. It doesn't go all the way across to the Route 8C,  [...] imagine LL buying or otherwise allocating enough land there to create a road from the coast to route 8 C.

Yes, but the most likely connection between western Satori and the new Newbrook regions is still via regions Stromberg and Smythe, through the protected beach on region Chiffre and then through the Pod Road parcel along the southern edge of region Arguilleries, meeting at the T-junction of Route 8C with the (relatively recent) unnamed shortcut road on region Osiliers, linking to Route 8A on region Varean. (By the way, I am sure we’d like to see that Pod Road paved!)

Stromberg-Varean.thumb.png.415a57f34f632952a1f7b35a3ca00aa4.png

Still, Persephone is right: The ideal connection of the new part of Newbrook to Route 8C, and thence to Route 8A, would be via regions Orlov-Drax and then Sanchez-Clairvaux, with more elegant road curves and smoother slopes.

Orlov-Clairvaux.thumb.png.3484a6bc87d80a080d3dc87185d507d8.png

Edited by 4lice Cerise
+map
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

Oh wow, this seems to be region Arguilleries and its hitherto unpaved Pod Road, and the foreground seems to be the protected beach on region Chiffre, hitherto unfurnished! Thank you so much, Abnor!

Edited by 4lice Cerise
  • Like 6

• Moles
4 minutes ago, 4lice Cerise said:

Oh wow, this seems to be region Arguilleries and its hitherto unpaved Pod Road, and the foreground seems to be the protected beach on region Chiffre, hitherto unfurnished! Thank you so much, Abnor!

It always a protected beach. Now it has a couple of rezzing zones and more than just a dozen or so linden plants pine trees.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5