SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

I agree that Linden Lab needs to make the most of their regions, making them pay for themselves in most cases. Residents are more likely to pay for parcels that have Linden Water or Linden Road access.  Maybe it doesn't make sense to have a waterway running parallel to the one through the Chalet Homes, but on the other hand, those undeveloped regions could be packed tight with homes with water access. There is always some space between the houses. Some of that space could be navigable water. The coastlines of all the continents also need to be navigable. And when land is abandoned between the end of a Linden Road and a potential water landing zone, extending the road might make mainland more enticing for residents, so their tier will pay to maintain it. 

I said earlier in this thread that I think LL should encourage people to move from the old Linden Homes regions to the new Linden Homes regions. I said this because I'm assuming most to the old Linden Homes are empty, so LL is paying to host them on severs while not getting much income from them. (I might be wrong about this assumption.) The newer Linden Homes seem to be very popular on the other hand. Just looking at them, I keep thinking LL is probably making about $100 US/ year for every house that's owned by a premium member. That's a pretty solid income stream. The more they can encourage annual subscriptions, the easier it will be for them to plan for continued investment in the platform.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2

More on this Satori Passage... as you can see in the chart, the passage from Stromberg to Atunua is mostly protected full water regions with 3 exceptions. There is a 16 meter channel on the north edge of Lamashtu and 10 meter channels on the western edges of Atira and Chloris. At present, parcels adjacent to the channels include one banline and at least 2 orbs. Of course, that situation can change at anytime.

We trust that governance would deal with objects physically or visually blocking the channels and places where parcels are extended into open water regions in a way that suggests private use.

satori passage.png

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

magellan.jpg

I've discovered from researching the explorer Magellan Linden, that the strait of sea between the continents of Bellisseria and Satori has no official name yet.

And Magellan is Welsh?!?!?! 

1951721044_PounceSatori17Apr2021v2.thumb.png.760ae5fc6b5e294cc7aafd83d7c560b4.png

^ The strait (and the link to Satori) first appeared on 30th March 2021, when the three regions of Carmine Sky, SSPE2223 (ex Cthulhu) and Windover Cay were added in. I would suggest a name for this strait as a nod to Satori's alternative name, Mãebaleia.

mc3a3ebaleia.jpg

How about the "Mãebaleia Strait"? Mãe baleia is Portugese for "mother whale", which when studying the Satori continent shape on a map, you can clearly see a mother whale and her calf both leaping into the air. An idea suggestion for the Moles; how about adding in a pair of animesh humpback whales to the strait?!

180401ps01.jpg

^ The automated Yavapods which drive on Satori's road network have for years been decorated with the Mãebaleia name too.

Linden+Homes+Chalets_006.jpg

I also found out that the houses found in the Chalet regions are properly called "fachwerkhaus", a German name meaning "half-timbered house".  With that first syllable, no wonder they're called "Chalets" instead!

😜

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

🥳 Happy Third Anniversary Bellisseria 🎉

Here are some historical maps of the Bellisseria continent and of the former SSP regions.

SSP regions arrived on the grid 20th August 2018 

ssp-regions.png.70e9614baa889c465685a8b00aa92038.png

SSP continent expansion - January 2019+

image-9.png.582cfe3aa473dc60034b3e3562f95348.png

Opening Day - 15th April 2019

ssp-continent-opens-1_40pm.png.03992bd17667fca8c80002b9d9c82897.png

1 year later - 15th April 2020

continent-overall.jpg.71f958696860045311681b4f037366e0.jpg

2 years later - 15th April 2021

b.png.09681be6897309b11cc701432ded6d11.png

3 years later - 15th April 2022

screenshot-2022-04-14-233815.thumb.jpg.7f879f146dfff94640958696007eae0e.jpg

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 5

As its Bellisserria's Third Anniversary today, I thought I would try to celebrate the occasion by recreating my first entry into the new continent in the exact same way that I had done three years ago.... by sea!

Just as I had done in 2019, I rezzed out HMS Dragon down in Jeogeot continent and sailed northwards "up" to Belliserria. This is now a bit more difficult than it was in 2019, as the former empty "L" shaped sea channel regions between Jeogeot and Bellisseria are now populated with various LH islands and landmasses.

For the nostalgia,  HMS Dragon and I momentarily paused at Whitecap region, remembering back three years ago when flotillas of excited sailors, boats and ships of all sizes (and some aircraft!)  had eagerly gathered to cross this dead-end at Whitecap (and Agathy) into the mysterious new continent for the first time - which had been invisible at the time, but could be seen on the World Map. Then I continued onwards.

Soon, HMS Dragon and I finally reached our destination of Kuga region, with its familiar lighthouse, just like three years ago.  These days, Kuga has a very large neighbour to its west, the S.S. Galaxy, a gigantic three-region long cruiseship destination and SL's largest ever single build. The Galaxy was originally built by Bill Stirling in 2007, using 32,000 prims!

1564728183_KugaDragonGalaxy15Apr2022.thumb.jpg.6f000896ea71d561903bc396427cc9ac.jpg

Happy 3rd Anniversary to Bellisseria! 😜

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I was curious about S.S. Galaxy's origins enough to track down and locate where she first originally came from....

1077398215_SSGalaxyfirstlocation.thumb.png.0a2acd19b9aaa555dc4d5c64f404500a.png

There!

1653098604_SSGalaxyOriginalRegions.thumb.png.5120fcd0a5a9aacb3779db8a923750da.png

SS Galaxy was created off the mainland in private island regions in 2007 by Bill Stirling. The regions around this location are the "Sagittarian Sea" of Galaxy's legend! A former senior member of her crew has told me Galaxy was then moved to the Blake Sea/Honah Lee area in November 2009. She was open there until closure in 2015.

Thankfully, the Galaxy was saved during 2015 and transferred to a Linden Labs preservation group as a museum ship. If you go aboard the Galaxy and find the ship's control room bridge, there's a map on the wall from this time. I've added in some labels:

720844522_SSGalaxysecondlocation.thumb.jpg.68108737f993ab65aebacee6da7351bb.jpg

And in January 2020, she somehow pulled up her anchors and cruised down to Belliserria.... which is both impressive and impossible, as theres no existing waterway to do that yet. (!) 😜

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

@Patch Linden Gave all Bellisserians a wonderful 3rd birthday present by announcing the new theme, Sakura, a modern Japanese theme with laced with canals and beautiful landscaping, at the Birthday bash in the Bellisseria Fairgrounds.  There is a TP to the 4-region demo area at the Fairgrounds - but if you wish to TP directly, they are these regions up in the SSP area.

SSPSD1-4.JPG.ee093d5072f6e4c2921ea08079d

Forum discussion starts here:

Thank you Patch & all the Moles for a lovely birthday present!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Amazed that these new Sakura regions will be Japanese themed and contain canal waterways. Especially as they could be placed off the west coast of the huge whale-shaped, Japanese-named "Satori" continent.

Good attention to detail of Sakura's ambient sounds too, the birds you hear are native Japanese bird species.

• Like 4

Just updated the releases timeline with Sakura. I believe there are at least another two more Linden Home themes to go (could be less/more). 

• Theme 11 - To be confirmed (could be at SL Christmas Expo?) 
  • Theme 10 - To be confirmed (could be at SL19B?)
  • Sakura - Announced at Bellisseria third birthday celebrations (15th April 2022) - Release expected summer+ 2022 (best estimates) 
  • Modern (Newbrooke) - Announced/Revealed at SL Christmas Expo (6th December 2022) - Released 3rd March 2022
  • Fantasy - Announced at SL18B - Reveal on 17th June 2021 - Released 12th August 2021
  • Chalet Homes - Announced at SL Christmas Expo (December 2020) - Reveal on 4th December - Released 30th March 2021
  • Stilt Homes - Announced at SL17B (June 2020) - Reveal on 24th June - Start of release (test regions+) - 21st December
  • Log Homes - Announced at the SL Home & Garden Expo (February 2020) - Released on 1st April 2020
  • Victorian Homes - Announced early December 2019 Released on 16th December 2019
  • Trailers/Campers - Announced at SL16B (June 2019) - Released on 16th September 2019
  • Traditional & Houseboats - Announced at SL Home & Garden Expo (15th March 2019) - Released on 15th April 2019 
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 7

6 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

I wonder where Sakura will go?  North of the Newbrookes, or to the east of them? Both?!  I suppose it depends on how much further north the Newbrookes will eventually go.

I think it will probably go up above the Newbrooke sub continent up north somewhere is my guess. The chalets has room to grow up north along with the stilts. 

It will be interesting to follow the developments over the coming weeks and months. 

• Like 1

I predicted a long time ago (well before Newbrooke was released), that the theme that followed on from the Chalets would be the one that reached the mid north coast of Satori, seeing as LL moved all the private regions in that area.  However, with the Newbrooke and Sakura themes now mixing 512 and 1024 parcels on the one region, on average there's a higher number of homes per region than with some of the older themes - this means that each new theme, in theory, will occupy less space on the grid.

I think one theme will definitely reach Satori, but now I am not sure which one it will be. Newbrooke is now already quite large, but it would need to double in size to reach Satori, that seems a bit unlikely to me.  The Chalet theme i believe is likely done - with the exception of the "channel" between it and the Newbrookes - that's likely to be a mountain range with a mixture of Newbrookes / Chalets.

So, Sakura could be the theme that reaches Satori, but, it should be mentioned that LL have now moved more private regions - this time directly north of the Stilt theme.  Could Sakura slot in above the Stilts?  It would make sense since it looks like the Sakura theme will have plenty of water - I guess we'll all know soon enough :) 

ETA:  The overall colour tones used in the landscaping of the Sakura theme is actually quite close to that of the Log Homes... and there is a nice big space north of the log homes, right between the Squishy pickle and the stilts - maybe another possibility ?

Edited by Eowyn Southmoor
another thought
  • Like 3