SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

I should have posted this news in this thread, but I put an important post about the fantasy homes over here.

The important thing to mention in this thread is that Patch has announced a FIRST for Linden Homes!  The Fantasy Home theme will feature scripted, seasonal landscaping!   Follow the link above for pics.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I should have posted this news in this thread, but I put an important post about the fantasy homes over here.

The important thing to mention in this thread is that Patch has announced a FIRST for Linden Homes!  The Fantasy Home theme will feature scripted, seasonal landscaping!   Follow the link above for pics.

Thank you Nika. How exciting is seasonal landscaping! I might just have to dip my toe back into Bellasaria again.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Fay Starlight said:

I was kidding about the portal, I have no clue where it might be....

What about a magic rock.. say the molehenge magic rock? Cause currently it tps you over to Randelsham Forest when you click on it and go up to it. This is the message it gives too:

The power of MOLEHENGE propels you across the grid...

Even if its not that exact magic rock I do think that is a great idea for the portal.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

If you're like me, you might be wondering what all this scripted landscape will do to the script performance of the Fantasy regions.  My feeling is, probably not much.

The 'seasonal' changes seem to be done by bio-luminescence scripts.  What landscaping items have scripts in them?  I checked the demo region, and MOST OF THE LANDSCAPING is scripted!  As follows:

• All trees
  • All fantasy bushes
  • All Lily pads
  • All fantasy flowers
  • All Lamps
  • All Mushrooms ("strand mushrooms")
  • All Crystals
  • All Fantasy ground cover mesh plants
  • All Fantasy rocks!
  • Parcel fences
  • Most bridge segments
  • Most road segments

Not scripted:

• Grass
  • A few road & bridge segments

It looks to me like all this newly scripted landscape added a little over a thousand scripts.  There are about 1685 scripts in the demo region.  These scripts are usually completely idle.  Of course, they do consume some memory (tho the bytecode usage probably is not large, since there are so many copies of the same scripts). An unreleased log region with an average number of homes runs about 330 scripts.  Checked a couple of released & averagely furnished Log and Chalet regions, they were 3000-4000 scripts.

Elsewhere on the grid, I see an empty (no avatars) but heavily scripted region with about 6800 scripts.  I'm sure the bioluminescence scripts are pretty efficient (and no, they do not add touch events to everything), and at about 1700 scripts a Fantasy region is still not what you'd call heavily scripted.

As usual, it turns out that avatars are the real problem with respect to performance. I see a very simply built region (idle, it's about 250 scripts) with 20 people at a club runs about 7500 scripts.  These people are not dressed to the nines; probably only about half have mesh heads.

Belli regions tend not to be crowded.  So long as the Fairgrounds don't move to GlimmerBelle, I think we'll all be fine. :)

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Stellaa Starlight said:

What about a magic rock.. say the molehenge magic rock? Cause currently it tps you over to Randelsham Forest when you click on it and go up to it. This is the message it gives too:

The power of MOLEHENGE propels you across the grid...

Even if its not that exact magic rock I do think that is a great idea for the portal.

How about you have to say the magic words too...

• Like 3

Just putting a few bits of info together....

On 12/3/2019 at 4:10 AM, Quartz Mole said:

As people following the building process on Bellisseria may know, shortly before regions go live, their names change from SSPsomething to their permanent name, various land settings are changed, and frequently they're moved from one part of the grid to another.

On 7/28/2021 at 6:13 PM, Dyna Mole said:

Besides, Moles are sneaky.  We do our best work when you can't see us.

40 minutes ago, Stellaa Starlight said:

I just checked again and more regions are now showing up :D

Fantasy Regions.png

So.... since all of the new regions seem to be named already, I think it is fair to say that these regions ARE almost done (short of the QA process, which can go fast, or needs to be done several times in a row to make sure everything is really ready for release) and as Dyna basically revealed, the Moles have been sneaking around and worked on the new regions somewhere away from our prying and map scrutinizing eyes.
In my mind this could mean that the Fantasy release date may be closer than we may think, but definitely NOT August 2nd! :D

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Stellaa Starlight said:

I just checked again and more regions are now showing up :D

Thanks! For some reason when I looked earlier I didn't see any of these newer ones. The moles have been working fast!! With the regions all named they must be pretty close to releasing them, since they only seem to name them when the regions are effectively finished.

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 6

The new subcontinent is sizable, somewhat bigger than VictoriBelle was when first released. 

The way a theme release usually happens is that, at some point where the new lands are only 1 region away from existing Bellisseria, LL drops in a single region.  At that moment, the entire new subcontinent becomes visible and, usually, TP-able. 

At this time, there is only one point where that single-region dropin could happen - the Hidden Garden (eta: oops, I mean Forgotten Garden!  seemingly very appropriate name, lol) at Hanshin, off Jeogeot.   "a portal of sorts", Patch?

The map, however, is still filling in.

I see one person hopping around in GlimmerBelle this morning   👀

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

The first regions were most likely clones, given that it was the same arrangement of three in various places. The coast most likely won't be clones. So those spaces between the new fantasy and the other regions could get smaller as the edges are added. If that is the case and they join there, those houseboats will be in demand for merfolk.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Full map of the Fantasy regions as of 7:45am SLT Sunday, All text will be visible if you click the + sign twice. (At least when using Chrome.)

FANTASYMAP.jpg

Since I posted this, another 8 or 9 of the Blue named regions have converted to Green. Here's a listing of all the named regions as of 1:30pm SLT, so it looks like there are 20 more to check...

regions1.JPG

regions2.JPG

regions3.JPG

regions4.JPG

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 6

6 minutes ago, LoganPryor said:

Definitely hoping i don't get a house in "Twit" ! (In English a twit is an idiot). 

I'd happily take one in that region, I am self-deprecating like that 🙂

(On a different grid, I made an alt called "Tw@t Waffle", just because I can. Only I did not use an @)

Edited by Fritigern Gothly
  • Haha 5