SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

I had a super scary thought about the "possible shops" under mysterious cover of megaprim pad :D. (well it could be a lot of 64 meter cubes - I've done that too) :D.

What if those shops become a RELEASE (OMG!)  LOL. That would be something to see. I wouldn't be taking part but I would love to watch.  Personally if this is really supposed to be a market for add-ons, then it seems like the logical thing to do would be to invite folks already making add-ons and see if they wanted to take part. That of course is way to logical so I will just wait and see what "The Plan" turns out to be.   

Nice to know something might be up with the trialers. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Found this box in SSPE248

• LEAVE 6K FREE 
  • for the future

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSPE248/30/47/65

Fritigern Gothly noticed  that last Wednesday and posted a couple of pages back.  😎  Abnor Mole commented on it later >>> "Just regular old decorating content. We have a budget we have to stick to. It is a reminder for the moles decorating to not go over budget on one side of the river and not leave enough LI for the other side when we get to it. That region is about half done and 6k is roughly half the budget for that region. Mystery solved."

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Just noticed that these little dots (campers/trailers) appear when you zoom in/out 

SSP263.PNG

We had speculated that those areas might contain some of the Campers & Trailers.  That doesn't show on my map yet, but nice to see it there.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

I bet somewhere there is a Linden or Mole shaking their fist like a cartoon super villain cursing us pesky kids and our inquisitive nature...

It was either Patch or Abnor that commented how entertaining we were, with all of our various speculations.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• Moles

Official?  We've been calling it Squishy Pickle among ourselves for a long time, but Moles don't decide these things.  I haven't seen it on a plaque or in official tourist guides, but maybe the guys in the LL basement are working on something big and seekrit.  Meanwhile, we'll keep calling it Squishy Pickle.  How official does it have to be?

Back to sleep ....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

If memory serves me correctly, the island was called 'the Pickle' or 'Pickle Island' before Squishy Pickle came into being.  Squishy Pickle was an addon in response to the popularity of the Houseboats.  If my memory is wrong please enlighten.

Edited by Cougar Sangria
see above post from Dyna Mole
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Cougar Sangria said:

If memory serves me correctly, the island was called 'the Pickle' or 'Pickle Island' before Squishy Pickle came into being.  Squishy Pickle was an addon in response to the popularity of the Houseboats.  If my memory is wrong please enlighten.

Quite soon after the entire SSP continent appeared complete on the map, someone (I think it was Patch) mentioned that some people at the Lab said that the continent looked like a dragon eating a pickle.

Since then, I have referred to the larger landmass as "the Dragon" and most people referred to the island as "the Pickle".

Then, when it became clear that the demand for houseboats we so much larger than anticipated, the Pickle was copied over and "gutted" (for lack of a better word) so that the pickle now looked like it has shriveled up, or squishy. It was quickly referred to as "The Squishy Pickle" (I think it was Patch again who introduced the term to us) which IMO sounds much better than houseboat island 🙂

Anyway, that was the sequence of events leading to the names of the 3 most important bodies of land (so far) on Bellisseria.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Seriously though, they are obviously parcel markers, I just can't quite figure out what the "arrows" are,

They look like graves to me... or plots anyway.

New and updated version of the Cornfield, maybe? Or a place for the Thunderdome losers? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

They look like graves to me... or plots anyway.

New and updated version of the Cornfield, maybe? Or a place for the Thunderdome losers? 

Bellisseria Cemetery.... I like the sound of that.

(What? I like the one in New Toulouse, too! lol)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Bellisseria Cemetery.... I like the sound of that.

(What? I like the one in New Toulouse, too! lol)

That would be so cool!!! They could be 256 m2 plots for vampires, zombies and other kindred spirits who don't really need more than a lair to change or sort inventory. Owners would have a choice of either 4 mausoleums (above ground style) or 4 headstones (undergound bunker style). And landscaping would be so easy - just a couple of shrubs, maybe a bunch of fresh A mausoleum in Père Lachaise Cemetery.flowers every so often, or a candle for special occasions. Throw around some cobwebs for effect. Hey, I'd be sure to visit!

🧛‍♂️

And to get semi-realistic spacing, they could actually be 128 m2 double LI or 64 m2 quad LI parcels.

Edited by Lukas Thetan
Because I cannot stop pondering this ....
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4