SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

6 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

" Würffel Hoose " is not typical English pronounciation of whatsoever - you have no ü - we do.

"Würfel Hose" is German and means "dice trousers" ... makes no sense either does it? ;)

Like it makes sense that Pizza Hut restaurants in Germany still use that name even though it translates to "Pizza Hat."

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Like it makes sense that Pizza Hut restaurants in Germany still use that name even though it translates to "Pizza Hat."

And you can be sure: half the customers in Germany think exactly that is meant: Pizza HAT

... especially since some of the restaurants have roofs that resembly Chinese hats. *lol*

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

" Würffel Hoose " is not typical English pronounciation of whatsoever - you have no ü - we do.

You're trying to be too exact. It sounds like a mangled bilingual pun.  "Mole" in German is Maulwurf, and the syllable "wurf" sounds sort of like the syllable "waff" in the English word "waffle".  So, a "Würffel Hoose" is a phonic play on words .... a little house for moles.  It helps that the Waffle House is a popular breakfast spot in parts of the USA. The umlaut is extra garnish.  BTW, the Swedish Chef would not say this.  Until very recently, the Swedish alphabet did not include the letter "W", and even now it is not used in many places.  Still, "Würffel"  has the sort of lilting sound that could sound Swedish, in the right mouth. I think it's just a nice game making use of coincidental similarities among our languages, ein glücklisher Wurf. 😁

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, Daniel Voyager said:

The Moles are hard at work in SSPE216 laying the roads. Can you spot the bunny rabbit ? 😂

01a.PNG

Rabbit spotted at right floating in the air like a bird. 🕊️😃

Patch was also there, checking how the Moles are doing.
2019-07-22_construction-team.thumb.jpg.b64168df9280ca126af996dbd095fd1a.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

There needs to be a “babbler” for SL that translates voice to Swedish Chef.

You remember Babbler!  😊  That was a lovely translator.  It disappeared sometime around 2010, but was the standard till then.  I still have a handy Tourist Phrasebook that came with it, for those times when you were trapped without Babbler.  Here a few useful multilingual gems to practice:

That is a pretty dress. You remind me of my uncle.
Eso es un vestido bonito. Usted me recuerda mi tío.

No, I am sure that Simon Bolivar has never played the guitar here.
No, soy seguro que Simon Bolivar nunca ha tocado la guitarra aquí.

Don’t worry. He is not as dangerous as he looks.
Sorgen Sie sich nicht. Er ist nicht so gefährlich, wie er schaut.

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Wieviel Holz würde ein Waldmurmeltier werfen, wenn ein Waldmurmeltier Holz werfen könnte? 

I have a gun. Please give me all your money. 
J'ai un pistolet. Veuillez me donner tout votre argent.

My friend likes to dance. May I introduce you to him?
Mon ami aime danser. Est-ce que je peux vous presenter à lui?

What pretty shoes! Are they yours?
Che pattini graziosi! Sono il vostro?

We will see how brave you are when I return with my cousin, Rocco.
Vedremo quanto coraggioso siete quando ritorno con il mio cugino, Rocco.

I think chickens have very small brains.
Eu penso que as galinhas têm cérebros muito pequenos.

I will be awake all night if I eat another one of those pies.
Eu estarei acordado toda a noite se eu comer outra daquelas tortas.

My brother is a doctor. Maybe he can help fix your nose.
Mijn broer is een arts. Misschien kan hij helpen uw neus te maken.

Pirates usually avoid this part of town on the weekend.
De piraten vermijden gewoonlijk dit deel van stad in het weekend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

"Mole" in German is Maulwurf, and the syllable "wurf" sounds sort of like the syllable "waff" in the English word "waffle".  So, a "Würffel Hoose" is a phonic play on words .... a little house for moles.

I did not know about Maulwurf, my German is clearly not that strong :D 
I learned something today, thank you!

Found something new - some sims below the working area - and already partly in the works. These photos are from  SSPE230 (down south on the map, where the "eye" had some missing sims) - also "parcels size greater than 1024 parcels".

parcel-size-greater-thatn-1204--_001.jpg

parcel-size-greater-thatn-1204-Protected-Land,-SSPE230-002.jpg

parcel-size-greater-thatn-1204--Protected-Land,-SSPE230_001.jpg

Edited by summernightsdream
correcting typos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, summernightsdream said:

also "parcels size greater than 1024 parcels".

I'm afraid that in spite of the hovertext, it does not mean what it appears to mean. 
These squares (green for townhomes, blue for houseboats, and yellow for campers) are scripted and when rezzed will detect the size of the parcel it is sitting on.
However, no parcels, other than for the houseboats, have been created yet, so the square has detected a huge parcel, larger than 1024sqm.

And how do I know that these yellow squares are for campers? Because these prims are named "Camping Parcel 16 X 32". And since 16x32  equals 512, we also know that these are going to be 512sqm parcels.

As for the green boxes, those are path markers, again, their names say so. 🙂

zcQYvbI.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I do wonder how the Moles are going to make this issue work. That raised border exists on the North side and on the East side of the region. There are no adjoining regions south or west, but when there are, they too will probably have raised borders.
Correction, to the south will be another copied and pasted region, that will fit like a glove, but that region too will see the same issue.

jgyXx63.jpg