SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

On 7/15/2019 at 7:50 PM, Fritigern Gothly said:

Does this look like a giant squid to you too?

image.png.230c7e10a20230ad998ce97d51fa09fe.png

I went to look, and I couldn't find a giant squid. There wasn't one in the region called "Giant Squid" either. I would like there to be a giant squid somewhere.

• Haha 7

Grab a new updated Linden Rez Zones Map via group notices - As of 15th July 2019

I still think there should be a few more rez zones added north and south of the new houseboats area (far right). It's a some way to the sea navigating through the houseboat channels. 

Linden Rez Zones.PNG

It looks like SSP84 has changed abit since I last looked via the original SSP continent.  

1054193698_sspx2.PNG.07dce250bef609ad71f81b7d8504078a.PNG

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Thanks 4

• Moles
8 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Grab a new updated Linden Rez Zones Map via group notices - As of 15th July 2019

It looks like SSP84 has changed abit since I last looked via the original SSP continent.  

1054193698_sspx2.PNG.07dce250bef609ad71f81b7d8504078a.PNG

That's our new experimental theme: "Giant Rat Nest"

Complete with droppings of enormous size for added realism.

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

I am not seeing any changes in the SSP "trailer" area but maybe I am missing them. This is my screenshot from June 30 of SSP83 and SSP84.  Would be good to see some changes though!   

1363087844_ssp8384June30.png.636785def8ecf0d4e87d2437157b05d0.png

Adding larger screenshot to show the plywood pad was also there :D

175441929_ssppossibletrailersjune30.png.5e958ee3593cd7c742cedd3bcd141998.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

I am not seeing any changes in the SSP "trailer" area but maybe I am missing them. This is my screenshot from June 30 of SSP83 and SSP84.  Would be good to see some changes though!   

1363087844_ssp8384June30.png.636785def8ecf0d4e87d2437157b05d0.png

Adding larger screenshot to show the plywood pad was also there :D

175441929_ssppossibletrailersjune30.png.5e958ee3593cd7c742cedd3bcd141998.png

I've been assuming that the Moles have a new secret work area, since we aren't seeing any progress on what would be logical Camper/Trailer areas within the true SSP area.

The only SSP2 area that I've seen work on that didn't look like the Traditional housing area is SSP264.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, summernightsdream said:

What if SSP84 in the working area gets copied in SSPE185? And the next bigger release is in preparation? Hmmmmm ..

trailer-area--maybe_001.jpg

Unless they change things, SSP84 is obviously a Camper/Trailer setup and I'm not sure that would look appropriate plopped into SSPE185.

Given the location of SSPE185 and the roads around it, it could be some new large community area.

Then again, the new Camper/Trailer regions could be a complete new set of regions that will get placed south of the current southern mountain range border.  I'm pretty sure they are building those off in secret somewhere.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I've been assuming that the Moles have a new secret work area,

I remember back in my noob days, the LL viewer by default showed no grid selector, but it could be enabled.

In the pulldown were (IIRC) about 10 different grids, the only 2 that survived my time-induced memory loss are Agni (the main grid) and Aditi (the beta grid), but I remember there being others which were not accessible to mere mortals. I don;t know what happened to those, but I don't think it's too much of a stretch to think that one or more of these alternative grids still exist on the LL servers.

Note that I do know the difference between OpenSim and LL grids. I am certain that I am not confusing the two, especially since it was the LL viewer that these grids were visible in.

I would hunt for an image showing these grids in the pulldown, but I have to run now. Maybe I can find something when I come back. 

EDIT: Well, after I came back I dug through the edit history of one of the pages on the SL wiki and found the following list of grid names which were current in 2009. Note that with the exception of Agni and Aditi, all other grids either are off-limits to regular users, or have been closed down altogether :

• Agni        Main grid
  • Aditi       Preview/Beta grid
  • Siva        Preview grid (no longer publicly accessible)
  • Durga       Preview grid (no longer publicly accessible)
  • Soma        Quality Assurance grid
  • Ganga       Quality Assurance grid
  • Uma         (unknown)
  • Shakti      (unknown)
  • Vaak        Open Grid Project Beta grid (see also OGP)
  • Mohini      (unknown)
  • Yami        (unknown)
  • Nandi       (unknown)
  • Mitra       (unknown)
  • Radha       (unknown)
  • Ravi        (unknown)
  • Aruna       (unknown)
  • Damballah   (unknown)
  • Bharati     (unknown)
  • Chandra     (unknown)
  • Danu        (unknown)
  • Parvati     (unknown)
  • Skanda      (unknown)

Edited by Fritigern Gothly
New old info
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I've been assuming that the Moles have a new secret work area, since we aren't seeing any progress on what would be logical Camper/Trailer areas within the true SSP area.

My thinking too -- or at least that is my HOPE LOL as it has been pretty quiet over at SSP.   I guessed August for the trailers main release, we are approaching -- of course August is a long month *wink*.   

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

Maybe they put up a big map textured decoy prim over a secret area? (Is that possible?)

Well, the max prim size is 64x64, and considering a region is 256x256, they would need 16 prims for that :D 
Anyway, it would have to match up closely, which is not that hard, and then apply a copy of a maptile to it, which is also not too hard (just get the texture's scale and offsets right for each prim).

However, it may well be that a maptile looks too artificial. I never tried it and since I don't own any land, so I can't try it either.,

Also, I seem to remember being told that textures won't show up on large sky prims. Although this may have changed, or it was never true. 

Darn those typos...

5 hours ago, summernightsdream said:

What if SSP84 in the working area gets copied in SSPE185? And the next bigger release is in preparation? Hmmmmm ..

trailer-area--maybe_001.jpg

I am with you on the next big release being in preparation, and that the Moles are alternating between working at Bellisseria, and at the next release. Patch has mentioned that there will be a bulk release again, and hinted at that it would be somewhere in the next few months. So it stands to reason that they have found a secret spot to work at either on Agni, Aditi, or maybe on another LL grid which regular residents have no access to.

As for the mysteriously empty spot here, it will definitely NOT be SSP84 because that will be copied to SSPE84....
I have a feeling that SSPXT5 ( https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSPXT5/128/255 ) is hiding something that will go there and I keep thinking "Carnival".

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Dyna Mole said:

Moles know how to be sneaky.  😏

I would imagine there are many secret mole bases hidden across the original spp continent. Area 52 😂

Reveal what you are doing in the far east corner 

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 1