SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Well last two weeks rain would have been a blessing to me. I have been in Baden Württemberg (near Heidelberg) and it has been dry like a desert and the hottest days any June has ever seen (near 40 Degrees) - Now I came to the north to Bremen and enjoy the cold (not even 20 Degrees) ... let it rain! I don't care! As long as I do not melt away like icecrem! ;)

Baden Württemberg is where my family is from. Most emigrated in the early 1900s, but when we went to visit several years ago (my father wanted to see it before he passed), we discovered the little town is still full of relatives that welcomed us with open arms. It was the single most amazing experience of my life.

It has become my favorite place in the entire world!  ❤️

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Well last two weeks rain would have been a blessing to me. I have been in Baden Württemberg (near Heidelberg) and it has been dry like a desert and the hottest days any June has ever seen (near 40 Degrees) - Now I came to the north to Bremen and enjoy the cold (not even 20 Degrees) ... let it rain! I don't care! As long as I do not melt away like icecrem! ;)

I'm visiting my mom this week.  She lives in Arizona in the US, where the summers are very hot and mostly dry.  Temps this week will be running roughly 43-47 Celsius / 110-117 Fahrenheit.  Apparently, their monsoon time is due, so maybe some rain soon.

• Sad 1

I worked for some hours on that map but it isn't finished yet - and it doesn't satisfy me einter! :(

I made a sort of patchwork quilt from screenshots and to get them all I had to work on a screen 4000 x 4000 - When I resized that to 1024 x 1024 you could not read the names any longer - so I'm afraid it will be no good!

Anyway to give you an impression here it is ...

48219725786_c9af2cc433_b.jpg
BellisseriaMap01_1024 by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

Might be if I tried to upload it 4000 x 4000 ?? But I guess Flickr will not take that. Is there another platform I can upload it to and you can download it?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Might be if I tried to upload it 4000 x 4000 ?? But I guess Flickr will not take that. Is there another platform I can upload it to and you can download it?

Flickr will accept 4000x4000 just fine, I usually upload my snapshots as 6000x3172 and I am sure Flickr will accept even larger images than that!

image.png.da435e4394a029045b3ebed1438eec80.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1092016682_raccoonRunPark.thumb.jpg.0ebd1010b9e1208a9cb42c86a6576323.jpg

Raccoon Run -- coming to your refresher screen this week maybe -- is an inland region with lots of rocks and vegetation. Most houses have hedges rather than fences and there is a HUGE (many plots worth) park that s the main focus community  area.  

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 6

58 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Raccoon Run --              lots of rocks and vegetation. Most houses have hedges rather than fences                          park that s the main focus community  area.

This sounds like the place for me....   :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Flickr will accept 4000x4000 just fine, I usually upload my snapshots as 6000x3172 and I am sure Flickr will accept even larger images than that!

image.png.da435e4394a029045b3ebed1438eec80.png

Did not think that would work, but it really DID!! Voilá my map ... 95% of it there are still two holes I could fill.

48223563401_3dd8fb8553_c.jpg
BellisseriaMap02_4000 by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

This is an 800 x 800 image of it but if you click on the picture you can download the 4000 x 4000 Version from Flickr.

And while doing this I realized that even on weekends there is progress. SSPE169 and SSPE170 have been BLANK and green about 24 hours ago now they are landscaped!

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I tried to TP or Fly into SSPE169 and SSPE170 ... you are not allowed to go there!

Wasn't that supposed to be otherwise? Didn't they say we were allowed to watch the moles building?

The moles have closed access. 

There is a workaround just max out the draw distance in Preferences to view the whole area. 

New homes.PNG

SSP 7th July_003.jpg

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 6

12 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

The moles have closed access. 

There is a workaround just max out the draw distance in Preferences to view the whole area. 

New homes.PNG

SSP 7th July_003.jpg

I did some looking from the distance too and was rather disappointed. On the map those regions look really interesing and individual, seen from the air (and on your photo) they seem rather dull and suburban ... straight streets, straight rows and rows of houses ... well might be different once gardenmole does his/her work.

Anyway the good news is that they started working near the southern "abiss", near the line where the continent so far ends abruptly. The locations I am hoping for are the ones next to the easter or southern (or southwestern southeastern) coastline of the future whole Bellisseria (as viewn in SSP).

Edited by Leora Jacobus

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I did some looking from the distance too and was rather disappointed. On the map those regions look really interesing and individual, seen from the air (and on your photo) they seem rather dull and suburban ... straight streets, straight rows and rows of houses ... well might be different once gardenmole does his/her work.

It had to come a faster way to build, with all the demand for more homes. But Garden Mole will make it cozy, that's for sure.

Maybe the moles was too distracted when they had the building regions open. I am sure they like us, but having ppl around all the time when you work can be tiring.

With flat land, it will be better for all those who want a garage. Easier to connect the driveway to the road. We let this be the "car people" regions?

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 3

The houses on the hill look great. I can imagine them when Garden Mole has filled it with plants and landscaped it.

I think it will be houseboats too. I hope they save a bit beach around them. A walkway between the houses and the boats? I don't think it will be boring when they've finished it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

So I just realized that the coastline is another region that is mostly water --- so likely houseboats will go along there with some nice community buffer area?

No. If you look at https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSP186/255/1 and move the focus of the map a bit more east, you can see that off that coast will be the original, green pickle.
If the moles put houseboats along that coast, the part between the island and SSPE184 can no longer be sailed and access to the channel between the pickle and what I call "the Sea of Fourze" will also probably be obstructed.

Note that, with the exception of the squishy pickle, no houseboat plots were added which hadn't already been laid out on the SSP continent so the likelyhood that they will put in boats there anyway is slimmer than slim 🙂 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

No. If you look at https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSP186/255/1 and move the focus of the map a bit more east, you can see that off that coast will be the original, green pickle.
If the moles put houseboats along that coast, the part between the island and SSPE184 can no longer be sailed and access to the channel between the pickle and what I call "the Sea of Fourze" will also probably be obstructed.

Note that, with the exception of the squishy pickle, no houseboat plots were added which hadn't already been laid out on the SSP continent so the likelyhood that they will put in boats there anyway is slimmer than slim 🙂 

Well that is still a pretty wide channel. And when they originally mapped out SSP they had no idea the houseboats would be so popular. 

I guess those waterfront lots could eventually be the "other" nautical themed plots (Patch never said houses that I heard).  OR they could sprinkle a few houseboats and still have room for boats to get by; some of the navigable waterways are much smaller than the water off that beach.

AND they have already deviated from the SSP map putting a mountain were our supposedly "commercial" region was at SSP , so we can't go by that any longer. We will just have to wait and see :D. 

A mystery. 

• Like 3

So.... Whilst riding yesterday, I stumbled upon this land vehicle rez zone and I was blown away.

Not only is it located in one of the unfinished regions (SSPE136), its dimensions and capacity are huge! 252prims/LI for that rez zone. Enough for a fleet of school buses 🙂
Now to find the school....
I have made sure to display the minimap and parcel border to show how big the parcel is, and the "about land" dialog to show the details about the parcel.

image.thumb.png.a85c9781efe9295a07420c7d98e12c90.png

P.S. I'm the one on the dark horse. :D 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1