SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

28 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

@moirakathleen @RuffertasAlt

I've visited and explored all of the public areas of Bellisseria, from above, on the ground through the streets, plains and over the hills and sea.  But I would never want to live there.

I find Bellisseria to be far too bland, samey, restrictive and strangely soulless. It doesn't "feel" like SL there. Most importantly, the continent completely goes against the original SL goal of "virtual world created by its users". 

Its sad that LL built and wasted resources to create this new continent while other existing LL continents remain unfinished, unconnected and abandoned. 

I'm happy for you. And I am happy because one of the people waiting, will have one (you) less in the race for a home. All win. Shake hands, bows out.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

One little suburban island here, one there .. I think it might have a bit of a knock on effect with people on neighboring regions for the most part, emulating the theme or at least integrating with it to a point. Obviously it's bordering actual mainland, so there will always be that one person who decides to live in a 80ft purple eggplant.

Chin Rey did that with Greater Coniston. She owns large parts of at least two mainland sims, which she developed into rentals. It's a nice area. A bit more urban than Bellesaria; more European.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

@moirakathleen @RuffertasAlt

I've visited and explored all of the public areas of Bellisseria, from above, on the ground through the streets, plains and over the hills and sea.  But I would never want to live there.

I find Bellisseria to be far too bland, samey, restrictive and strangely soulless. It doesn't "feel" like SL there. Most importantly, the continent completely goes against the original SL goal of "virtual world created by its users". 

Its sad that LL built and wasted resources to create this new continent while other existing LL continents remain unfinished, unconnected and abandoned. 

Sooo the whole point of this is just to tell us you hate the new continent and don't want to live there? I think someone has been taking bites from a bitter Squishy Pickle, but thanks for sharing! 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Sooo the whole point of this is just to tell us you hate the new continent and don't want to live there? I think someone has been taking bites from a bitter Squishy Pickle, but thanks for sharing! 

I do not "hate" the new continent. I simply don't like how its been built and its unsuitable location on the SL map

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen

7 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

I do not "hate" the new continent. I don't like where it is.

Really? Bland, souless, ugly, unappealing, oversized garden sheds, uninteresting, unnatural, boring... I believe you used all those words.

"Bellisseria:

Literally everything there preplanned and prebuilt by LL and their Moles. You are merely a tenant in their bland, soulless, prebuilt, regimented, corporate gated-community/continent, where individuality and creativity isn't allowed.

The houses are all wooden US style houses, which to my English tastes and perspective are ugly, unappealing and look like oversized garden sheds.

The "houseboats" are not actually houseboats, they are "Float Houses", which are basically houses built on rafts or pontoons. Real houseboats are actually boats/ships with houses built into or on them. They can be sailed and moved around with their sails or engine.

Bellisseria's streets are all too perfectly straight, they look the same in every region, and are built on an uninteresting and unnatural grid system, which makes for a very boring drive in straight lines punctuated with right angled turns.

The regions all look like each other. There are no defining unique landmarks, no shops.

No sandboxes for creativity. Welcome to your ready-made virtual world where you will never need to create anything! (Which is totally against the  "virtual world created by its users" LL mantra.)

Ugh!"

• Like 3

20 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

I do not "hate" the new continent. I simply don't like how its been built and its location on the SL map.

I read lot of unpleasant words from you against the new continent, so Idk if it is hate or not, but sure you don't enjoy it, well you are free to not come as many are waiting for what you dislike, anyway seems you want SL replace RL in some way, you complain cause houseboats don't look like real houseboats, did you forget this is a virtual world? You search for creativity and sandboxes, I wonder, did you forget how wide this SL world is? What  prevent you to create in LEA or another LL sandbox, to go shopping in all the nice shops that exist in this world? Cannot understand, really.   

Edited by Luna Istmal
  • Like 7

Seriously I love the place. It is so immersive. Because it has a plan! It is place for people. I am having so much fun in it. Did you see the new community calendar? 

I bet in the future they could even load new styles of houses into our mailboxes .

But I dont care if people complain because I feel the same way about Mainland as they do Bellissaria . To each their own! But jezuzs dont get all high and mighty.

Although I cant spell the name, too many repeating letters. Bellissaria ? Yes should have named it Pickle .

Edited by Louminca
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/19/2019 at 1:40 PM, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Plus I don't like where it is on the map

Just curious, what is wrong with it where it's at on the map? Where would like it to be on the map, next to Zindra ? I for one do not have a home there .. yet, but I like to visit the Bellisseria area to sail around and being close to some of the mainland it makes for a nice long sailing adventure. Honestly I think the moles did a great job landscaping the whole Continent so far. Hell of a lot better then to old Linden home area !!!

'

Edited by Dick Spad
cuz I can .. haha
  • Like 6

18 minutes ago, Aletheia Zuta said:

Looks like new homes are going in. This is across from our house, how exciting! A few new boats are being put in too :D  SSPE71

SSPE71_001.png

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSPE71/251/189/24

I was in the sim one over just an hour ago because I thought I saw something "new" on the map. It was a road interchange.  Looks like they have been both busy and fast --- or I just completely missed seeing that (could be as my draw distance is 120 "D). Anyway, cool! 

image.png.d55bb7630c003373bb73749b75a23a5d.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 4

I wonder if this is an experiment to see if we will let them build in peace on Belliseria, instead of doing all the building on the SSP continent before moving it to its final spot on Belliseria.

If it is, and if it works well for residents and Moles alike, then it will be fun and fascinating to see how all these regions develop.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

I wonder if this is an experiment to see if we will let them build in peace on Belliseria, instead of doing all the building on the SSP continent before moving it to its final spot on Belliseria.

If it is, and if it works well for residents and Moles alike, then it will be fun and fascinating to see how all these regions develop.

I think if they were doing that, it'd be best to bar access of anybody but them. Let people watch, but they can't get in the way.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, s2Pandora said:

I think if they were doing that, it'd be best to bar access of anybody but them. Let people watch, but they can't get in the way.

They have added another signboard. For example on SSPE71. Watch, but from distance. 😃

2019-05-24_construction-area.thumb.jpg.229d0f769007a1ebb7f617b1926f7726.jpg

• Like 10

14 hours ago, s2Pandora said:

I wonder why they're going to do it this way? I can't help but think they're going to get inundated with:

"Oh hello Mr Mole...." <insert request here to move your hedge/wall and other landscaping miscellany that is already quite clearly stated in the covenant as NOT being allowed>

"OH! A MOLE! Are you really a mole?"

"Oy! Moley.... ain't it finished yet?"

"MOLE!!!! I wanna bear!!!"

"Still not finished? Get the lead out mate!!!"

"I've got a suggestion....."

:P

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Walpurgisnacht said:

I wonder why they're going to do it this way? I can't help but think they're going to get inundated with:

"Oh hello Mr Mole...." <insert request here to move your hedge/wall and other landscaping miscellany that is already quite clearly stated in the covenant as NOT being allowed>

"OH! A MOLE! Are you really a mole?"

"Oy! Moley.... ain't it finished yet?"

"MOLE!!!! I wanna bear!!!"

"Still not finished? Get the lead out mate!!!"

"I've got a suggestion....."

:P

Somebody stated maybe they are doing it because they saw the excitement from people when the boathouse area was moved over, and maybe wanted to try it out. I'm sure people will try and message them, no doubt. 😃 But they don't necessarily have to respond if they are working, or don't want to.

Edited by s2Pandora
  • Like 1