SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

10 hours ago, MrGatVision said:

i'm standing around naked on sl and someone told me to put on the pants, and then when i refused i got banned from the parx place.

Heh.  It looks like you learned Friday's lesson of the day: Do a wardrobe check before you wander out in public. 🙄  Next case, please!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

My new guesstimate -

I've noticed there are more phantom regions on the map opening up more space in that area than I previously noticed. In the shadowed SSPs you see a few boxes (regions?), but you can see they are phantoms when you take a closer look. So I'm wondering if more is to come for those areas. Pure speculation here folks. 

map.thumb.png.d5bed266bbf5ec759fc27eb4c1f6610b.png

I think you're on to something! When you rotate the new land mass 180 degrees and place it next to an existing one, the coasts seem to mesh together surprisingly well. ☯️

yingyang.png

Edited by Lukas Thetan
Added image.

On 3/16/2019 at 10:19 AM, Matty Luminos said:

I've just been to look at them, and I think it looks really nice, I love the whole neighbourhood feel to it all. 

A bit disappointed with the houses, they are very small, basically two rooms plus an entrance-way, and with a lot of interior walls that use up a chunk of the available space. The parcels feel like there's too much garden and not enough house. I think an open plan at least on the ground floor would have been better, and allowed residents to add interior walls where/if they want them. 

But I totally dig the houseboats. They are open plan with lots of deck space indoors and out, and heaps of room at the slips to moor a yacht/speedboat/battleship. I particularly like the one with the big canopy on the top deck. 

houseboat_001.thumb.png.376180ed9ccd1fb5ad8473539fdb2a63.png

The houseboats kind of remind me of the current modern suburban 512's.

And everyone is still clamoring to be cheek by jowl on this new continent?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

Hate to burst y'alls bubble playing with maps and such...

but just be aware there is no mechanism for the lab to flip, reverse or rotate regions and all their contents. ;) 

Pfft

It just needs Patch/Grumpity/Ebbe to wave their magic Sailor Moon wands in sync!

(Now I have visions of Ebbe in a Sailor Moon dress btw)

sailor-moon.jpg.5fe6b77efcca0357c824589b24a0086a.jpg

Inserts typically naiive dumbo-user "this is easy stuff, Photoshop has a layer transform..." workflow suggestion that makes any typical developer cry, and any project lead try to steal some of Governance's copious Vodka supply

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

So tell, what do you image they are saying to each other?

It's very seahorse Rorschach like for sure!

60cffbc47e61b93b1a9084cb2e8eae0f.thumb.png.418ac585e4470447fa2752be1068856a.png

Edited by Shudo
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

The houseboats kind of remind me of the current modern suburban 512's.

And everyone is still clamoring to be cheek by jowl on this new continent?

Sailing, Billijo, SAILING!

Having a houseboat will (probably) be the only way to rez a sailing boat to make use of all that lovely water.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

Having a houseboat will (probably) be the only way to rez a sailing boat to make use of all that lovely water.

I think it will be public rezzing places. It would be stupid of LL to not make them. It will double or triple the interest for a Linden home.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

I think it will be public rezzing places. It would be stupid of LL to not make them. It will double or triple the interest for a Linden home.

I'm sure rezzing areas will be available, but I'm hoping they will only be available to premium members. Even with rezzing zones available I'd rather walk out of my houseboat onto my dock and untie my sail boat than having to travel to a rez zone. It may be silly but I really like the immersion affect of it. Of course when I'm not living in one of the houseboats I'm going to want to be able to sail as well, so having a nice park with a boat unloading area for launching watercraft would be nice.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I'm sure rezzing areas will be available, but I'm hoping they will only be available to premium members.

That makes no sense - Premiums will already have a rezzing area. It is called "Linden Home".

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

That makes no sense - Premiums will already have a rezzing area. It is called "Linden Home".

Rezzing areas in the Linden home continent should be just that for premium members .. it's why we pay premium. IMO

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

That makes no sense - you already have a rezzing area. It is called "Linden home"

I would want to sail there, even if I don't have a houseboat. I like the idea: Walk out on a public pier and rez there. I have my eyes set on a house.To rez in my garden and drag it through the hedge, over the road and into the water is not very cool.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

Rezzing areas in the Linden home continent should be just that for premium members .. it's why we pay premium. IMO

I disagree. If I get a parcel there as premium member I would want the option of letting friends use the parcel to start their adventures,  and if I crash on a sim crossing I would want a public rezz zone to continue on my way

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aethelwine said:

I disagree. If I get a parcel there as premium member I would want the option of a non-premium serf navigating me around the waterways whilst I sip my martinis and comment on the scenery.

If they had to bring their boat over from Jeogeot for me to embark, it would be a waste of my privileged and entitled time.

I have no issue with rez zones in the new water channel. I just don't want to see rez zones inside the premium home area being used by griefers to attack the Linden Homes regions. This is exactly the reason why I only use premium sandboxes.

4 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I have no issue with rez zones in the new water channel. I just don't want to see rez zones inside the premium home area being used by griefers to attack the Linden Homes regions. This is exactly the reason why I only use premium sandboxes.

i have only twice had a problem in three years across all the mainland water parcels I own or run (about 8 now).  The number of times I have appreciated the need of a nearby rezz area.,,, countless.

Your solution to a minor problem is far worse.

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aethelwine said:

i have only once had a problem twice in three years across all the mainland water parcels I own or run (about 8 now).

Perhaps I've been around too long and have too many memories of running from giant male organs. I'd rather play it safe. :)

34 minutes ago, Aethelwine said:

My boat parcel will be set for public rezzing anyway, just like my Horizons one and all my parcels are, I am sure many others will be the same.

I completely support a resident's rights to do so. Should a griefer use your property to grief my region then I would AR that griefer. If said griefer routinely uses your land to grief without being banned from your parcel then unfortunately I'd have to AR you as well. But I hope that never happens. While griefing is still an issue, it's not nearly as bad as it was in the past.