Tovaphina

help! Avastar weights for neck on my custom body are not matching up with CATWA bento head female?

Hi everyone! I'm posting today about my mesh body I am making.

It's fitmesh, it's bento, and sadly the neck is giving me issues. When I look at the weights on the Avastar mesh and copy those weights to my custom body - even when I use the exact correct neck-piece of geometry from the Avastar - there is a gap between my custom body's neck and my CATWA Bento female head.

Here's a picture of how the weights look for Avastar's neck:

75e2a788321e8b4aebc9930380b9c457.png

And, here's the weights for my custom body's neck:

8dd35cd2f7126086254fb4f6e4eafd46.png

And here's the neck inworld when my avatar turns it's head to the side:

75733b00b8660c0b9ce7095c709b7092.png

Any help on this issue would be appreciated.

There is a tiny amount of weights from the head, in that area. Double check it in Avastar and make sure to copy the weights value from there.

• Like 1

It's... not letting me. I select to copy the weights from Avastar, and I make sure to select "head" in addition to "upper body" and "lower body", but I see no "mHead" in my vertex groups... 

In fact, there appears to be no weights for mHead at all, even on the Avastar, which is confusing to me, because the head responds to the "Head" bone.

EDIT: If I try to adjust the "Bone Fitting Strength" for the "Head" bone manually in the Avastar tab under the "Fitting" tab, the mesh explodes.

2475051e98dee26bb7f1b650a85967be.png

Edited by Tovaphina

This is odd. I had a similar problem, and MayaStar does have some very low weights from the head but i can't remember what joint it was. What i may suggest is to check if the Avastar head has some little weights on the neck junction coming from any of the bones in the head section. I seemed to remember it was mHead, but i must be mistaken. Do your check on the head mesh.

Ok, I was able to fix it by copying the neck geometry EXACTLY from the Avastar. I didn't realize I'd have to do such a thing, but oh well.