Help with body issue

TaevynRae Mercury

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2070 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hiya :)

Sorry for how long this is, but I wanted to show issue and all I have done for the past 6 months. 
When I first got this account over 4 yrs ago, I wasnt here but like a week on it so I didnt notice this, or remember it.
I have been using it again for the past 6 monhs and have ever since been trying to fix it:(

I do wear maitreya and I have always had this "jut" out at my sides. I tested everything I could think of. 
So I took it all off, and studied the base.
It does the same thing. 
I thought maybe because it was an older starter avi, and I needed a newer starter one, so I tried that as well, the angel one, and old one, ruth. 
They both do it as well.
Its very odd. I have never put physics on this avi, I do not wear them. (asked by FS about physics)
I have even tested the physics slider and went a week each at different levels, that had no effect.
I do not have any body mods on, spankers, cummers, lol any of that, I have stripped it down and tested in every mode, even taking one off at a time. 
I talked with a helper in FS, she mentioned something that made me think....this avi is odd, it has always sat odd by going high in the air before going down, and it has odd bounces...this isnt all the time but enough I have noticed it.
And I can live with that, but not these sides  *ugh* 

I have two other accounts and between them I have had all kinds of mesh bodies in all sorts of shapes, I have never had this issue with the sides, or with this odd bounce thing. 
I have tested it on two different pc's and a laptop, same on all, yet when I tested on the other two accounts, it worked fine. I have even had friends test, and they are fine.
I am really beside myself on what to test or try next:(

Thank you for taking the time to read.

on maitreya

Maitreya Mesh Body.png

on sl starter avi , the angel

SL angel starter avi.png

on sl starter avi ruth

SL Ruth starter avi.png

Edited by youneedme10Xover
added information

A couple of thoughts regarding this:

1. Are you using the correct shape for each of those starter avatars? Normally when things like that happen it's a single shape that's become corrupted, and switching to another shape should fix it.

2. You say that you never noticed it when you signed up for Second Life four years ago, but that you noticed it on resuming your account six months ago. Have you - at any time in those six months - updated the viewer that you're using? If so, did you 'clean install' it or just overwrite it? I suspect that one of your settings may have become corrupted - especially if you've crashed at any time, which means that your viewer doesn't get the chance to save your settings properly - and that can have all kinds of odd effects, from incredibly bad lag to avatar corruption.

My first suggestion - assuming that the shape itself isn't the issue - would be to completely uninstall and reinstall your viewer. If you're using the Linden Lab viewer (the one you download from the Second Life website) then remove and reinstall it as you would do any other program. If you're using the Firestorm viewer, remove and reinstall it using their detailed Clean Install instructions (video here for additional help, if you need it).

If the problem persists after a clean reinstall, and switching to a completely different shape doesn't fix it either, then it's time to open a support ticket with Linden Lab. Link them to this thread in your ticket, so they can see your screenshots.

Can it be that you tried a quadruped avatar or a tiny avatar? These avatars need a very edited shape, one who will look distorted. I know I used a doll avatar, and when I took off that avatar and back to my human, the shape could have such faults. I got an undeformer, and it sorted out the shape issue.

Normally, shape problems should be solved by a relog, but who knows. You can always try one of the free undeformers. I used the Lindatool, the marketplace has more. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Lindatool-undeformer-HUD/2126730

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Can it be that you tried a quadruped avatar or a tiny avatar? These avatars need a very edited shape, one who will look distorted. I know I used a doll avatar, and when I took off that avatar and back to my human, the shape could have such faults. I got an undeformer, and it sorted out the shape issue.

This.

I wear my Spooky Raptor and my body is deformed when I take it off. Heck, I wore a demo from Prehistorica and my Catwa head was like... From the movie Beetlejuice, when Adam and his wife warp their physical shapes to scare the Deetz family out of their house...

http://boiseclassicmovies.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/3-8-beetlejuice-trying-to-be-scary.jpg

Edited by Laoise Rumsford

thank you all so much!

ok, so after reading your suggestions, the starter shape seemed to make sense, I did not use one. So I did try it, started all over....and it is still there, I tried several shapes for a start. 

I do wish my shape very small, and this side issue happens when I lower all the sliders. But I see others with the same shape Im attempting, and they do not have this issue.

I think in trying different body demos, such as the smaller ones, has broken something.....I bought the underformer, and used it, tho I had been using the one FS in the past.....it did seem to help some, but still not enough to not notice the "jut"

and to note: I do have current version, I always clean install

this is the only account I have that does this, and it does it on all my machines

I do not have this issue when logging into other accounts - so this problem is just with this avi 

and a no to gestures, never used them on this avi

Im exploring the shape road now  lol It feels something in that for sure. I think because I have tried the small avis, I just need to find the right combo to get this avi back into shape...ugh

might have to wait until my hair grows back, so I can pull it all out again for this next round  lol 

Thank you all again so very much it helped tons! 

On 8/22/2018 at 7:29 PM, youneedme10Xover said:

I do wish my shape very small, and this side issue happens when I lower all the sliders.

I'm able to recreate a shape that looks like your images pretty easily by fiddling with the love handles & the saddlebag sliders.
I suspect you may be just trying to use a shape that doesn't work work well with the settings you chose.

Can you pass me a copy of one of the shapes you see the problem with inworld?

Screenshot_2.png

On 8/22/2018 at 2:29 PM, youneedme10Xover said:

this side issue happens when I lower all the sliders

Lowering torso length to minimum can do this as well. 

The sliders aren't really meant to be either maximized or minimized; most of them sit comfortably in the middle ranges. Some do well very low, but not high, or vice versa, but many deform at extreme sizes. Women tend to notice this with the breast size slider: above 75 or 80 (even a bit lower) they go blocky and square, while below 35 or so they flatten and swing sideways. 

That being said, if it's refusing to go away using other, unmodified shapes, and you've cleared cache, reset skeleton, and done a clean reinstall, it sounds like support ticket time to me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2070 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.