Cheating at Linden Realms?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2066 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Because buying lindens with RL money is not an option for me (i don't live in USA or Europe, or my salary is in Euros or Dollars) i have to work in SL. 

So i went to Linden Realms and while i listen to podcast i play a little.  And i saw a couple of avatars that have a shiny sphere (as seen on the pic) that were iddle on the field, and the monsters werent able to kill them.  I bet they can't kill them when they are running around either.

I already made the abuse report.  I wil make a video if i see someone use it again.

i inspected the object and couldn't find anything about it: "carry flare" made by "Garden Mole". 

oubliette_004.png

oubliette_005.thumb.png.992fd24554d234888f186464f336746f.png

This is another pic.  The monster comes to attack, bumps to the sphere, and goes away (just 2 steps away), then return.  This happens in a loop.

I needed to check if i was having an awful lag: check the avatar: i was able to bumped it and to change its place just a little, normally.  And i also checked the monster: i approached it and it killed me.  So i cofirmed it was a cheat.  Or at least i thought so.

I hope Linden check on it soon.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for using screenshots without names, please remove them from your upcoming video too, as Lindens won't like naming and shaming on the Forums (that is what abuse reports are for, doing that stuff in public is considered abuse too).

This is a community forum however. The Lindens will rarely notice posts here, you have to draw some attention to this thread if you want them to see it, like this: @Tommy Linden can you please forward the OPs observation to whoever is in charge of the Realms right now? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Fionalein

23 minutes ago, Elisaisabel Munro said:

Because buying lindens with RL money is not an option for me (i don't live in USA or Europe, or my salary is in Euros or Dollars) i have to work in SL.

of course it's possible you can't buy L$ with your possibilities... the reason you give isn't really valid. You don't need Euro's or Dollars.

If you think that's really the problem, perhaps check payment options through paypal or skrill.

2 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

of course it's possible you can't buy L$ with your possibilities... the reason you give isn't really valid. You don't need Euro's or Dollars.

If you think that's really the problem, perhaps check payment options through paypal or skrill.

1 dollar= 30 pesos.  So yes, there is no possible way to spend that much RL money.

Edited by Elisaisabel Munro

3 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

Technically possible and economicaly possible are two completely different things ;) one does not imply the other...

2 minutes ago, Elisaisabel Munro said:

and what is a mole? (legit mole?) "Garden Mole" is the creator name

The item might be legit but the question is who used it, if the user was no Linden/Mole it's still cheating.

Edited by Fionalein

1 minute ago, Fionalein said:

The item might be legit but the question is who used it, if the user was no Linden/Mole it's still cheating.

ohhh. no.  I can't remember user name.  It deffinitely wasn't a linden.   But It was on my report abuse.  I won't have an answear about it because that is the way abuse report works in SL..

3 minutes ago, Elisaisabel Munro said:

and what is a mole? (legit mole?) "Garden Mole" is the creator name

The Moles are Linden subcontractors in the LDPW. They create most of the content on Lab-managed properties in world.  Garden Mole is a highly respected and talented member of the group.  I suspect that someone has found something he made and put his own script into it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

The Moles are Linden subcontractors in the LDPW. They create most of the content on Lab-managed properties in world.  Garden Mole is a highly respected and talented member of the group.  I suspect that someone has found something he made and put his own script into it. 

Well, i hope LL do something about it... i bet that fairy avatar wasn't Garden Mole or a Mole

2 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

So true, a mole would simply fly in the realms as they are allowed to - or most likely just shut down access to the realms they work on...

Just now, Elisaisabel Munro said:

Then i think it was cheating because the mnonster was touching it, coming and going.  i was next to that avatar and it got me. 

That doesn't make sense. The rock monsters are so easy to avoid, they are only a problem for new players. Just you wait and see: once you've played the realms a few times, you hardly notice them.

I played a lot.  The reason i got killed is because i was questioning if it was lag or not. 

The monster killed me and not this avatar.  As i say, it was coming and going, touching the sphere, not killing this avatar.

After that, i went back and the avatar was still there... And they aren't playing quests, they collect gems.

2 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

That doesn't make sense. The rock monsters are so easy to avoid, they are only a problem for new players. Just you wait and see: once you've played the realms a few times, you hardly notice them.

Edited by Elisaisabel Munro
to clear the answear

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2066 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.