Transaction Will Not Go Through To Friend While Offline

1m6ud7luv

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2069 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I've been trying to send my friend L$ while she's offline but its not going through on her end. Meaning that when I send the L$, its sent and gone from my account. Even in my mail under transactions it says I've paid such and such L$. But yet when my friend logs in nothing is sent to her. Can anyone help with this please???

7 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, 1m6ud7luv said:

in my mail under transactions it says I've paid such and such L$.

In your mail?  Did you look in the Transaction History on your dashboard at secondlife.com >>> Account?  That's where the record of all your transactions for the past 32 days is kept.  Check to be sure that it not only shows the correct amount but also the correct recipient.  If you accidentally sent it to someone else with a similar name, you are out of luck unless that person is kind enough to return it.  Remember, you may only send L$ or items to a person's login name, not to a Display name.

If you have double checked and still cannot find an error, you will need to submit a support case or call the Linden Lab Billing Office:

Billing Department 
Our Billing team is available from 6am to 3pm PST, Monday through Friday. 
Call toll-free in the US/Canada: 800-294-1067 or 703-286-6277

• Thanks 1

If the transaction shows in your $L Transaction History, then your friend MUST have gotten it.  Well, to be more accurate, SOMEBODY must have gotten it.  Check the information in your Transaction History very carefully...it's possible you sent the money to the wrong person.  You must specify their USERNAME, not their Display Name.  If you used your friend's Display Name, it's possible that the money went to someone whose username is the same as your friend's Display Name.

The chances are very, very, very, very low that the money actually left your account, but did not show up anywhere else.  The $L accounting system is one of the parts of Second Life that almost NEVER goes wrong.  It is much more likely that 1) your friend is mistaken, 2) your friend is lying, hoping to be paid again, 3) you are mistaken, or 4) you sent the money to another person.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

On your dashboard at secondlife.com  >>> Help >>> Support >>> Submit a Support Case.  Or, if you are a Premium member, you may contact Live Chat during normal business hours.

thanks for your guidance :)

Are you by any chance sending a custom payment message with the L$?
If you don't include a payment message, does the transaction go through?
Odd things can happen if the custom payment message contains non-standard characters.

Edited by Whirly Fizzle

3 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Odd things can happen if the custom payment message contains non-standard characters.

Oh, my. I hadn't heard about that part of the dreaded Fancy Bogus Characters story.  Messing up Display Names is mildly funny.  Losing cash is getting serious.  Why, oh why do people think those odd characters are such fun?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2069 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.