Unable to buy L$

Starinblue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2040 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

You wait.  You shouldn't need more L$ than that immediately anyway, so it's wise to spend your time learning your way around before you get sucked into spending L$ on things that you may not need once you learn how SL works.  Your buying limits start to increase very quickly, once Linden Lab sees that your payment method actually works.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Starinblue said:

I am new to 2nd life, yesterday I bought 30 $ equivalent L$ today I need more but I am unable as it says I have exceeded limit for month. how can I buy / earn L$

Your limit will increase a bit in a few days and then a bit more after a week and so on until you hit your 30-day mark when it will finally increase to the normal maximum.

You really don't need to be spending that much money in your first few days here anyway.  Spending tons of money quickly is a good way to end up regretting a lot of it later.

• Like 1

From the Knowledge Base:

Here are some common reasons for credit card failure:

• You entered the credit card number incorrectly.
  • You did not enter the billing address or entered it incorrectly. It should be the same address that appears on your bill.
  • You did not enter the name on the card or entered differently from how it appears on the card.
  • The credit card is not in the list of accepted payment methods (see above)
  • You did not enter the CVV (3 digits on the back, or 4 digits on the front for AmEx) or entered it incorrectly.
  • The card is expired, or the expiration date was entered incorrectly.
  • There are no funds available on the credit card to validate it. We send a US$1.00 authorization to ensure that a credit card is valid. This is not a billing, but the card must have at least US$1.00 available on it to pass validation.
  • Your monthly payment limit is reached, and/or your bank is not authorizing any more transactions.
  • The issuing bank has not pre-approved transactions with Linden Research, Inc. Contact the issuing bank to resolve the problem.
  • If you are outside the US, your card may not be set up for international/overseas transactions (this is very common with Visa Electron).

If none of the above applies, contact your credit card provider to determine the cause.

You may also contact Linden Lab Billing Support.

It's also possible that your card is a prepaid credit card of some kind or is a debit card. Almost no cards of either type are acceptable.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2040 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.