Can we buy more prim limit without moving out (mainland)?

JessieHoo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2063 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, we currently own 1/4 Region (5625 prims) in Mainland. The area around us are occupied too. Now we are in short of prim capacity so we would like to upgrade to a 1/2 Region (11250 prims). And we like the current position and do not want to move out. So is there any way to just allow us more prims? It does not need to be as large as 11250 prims, say 7000 to 8000 is fine.

In another word, we own 1/4 region in mainland, we want to increase prim capacity, we are ready to pay more, but we do not want to move out. 

Thank you very much for your help!

Edited by JessieHoo

Also if you are on a border of another sim (likely if you have a quarter sim) you might be able to use some neighboring land and adjust your build that way. Not as handy but doable.  

And true, we often THINK we need more prims than we really do. So looking to see where changes can be made might be helpful. We "may" (only an official off the cuff comment) get more prims in the future --- but that is the future and no guarantee. And I am sure it wouldn't be double our current prim limit LOL.

Thanks for all the help! And I have another question. My friend currently owns the plot we live now, and it is deeded to group. So I want to know that if I buy another parcel in the same region, and also deed it to the same group, can these two parcels exchange prim limits?

If you have two parcels with the same owner on the same sim, then you have the combined Li - the owner MUST be the same, so same avatar or in your case, deeded to the same group.

Here is what one of my group deeded parcels shows.

pwDT56L.png

It has 702 prims on it's own, but we have 2109 in total on the region of which 459 are free.

You can totally deed a load of parcels to the same group, and then put literally everything on just one of the parcels.

12 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

If you have two parcels with the same owner on the same sim, then you have the combined Li - the owner MUST be the same, so same avatar or in your case, deeded to the same group.

Here is what one of my group deeded parcels shows.

pwDT56L.png

It has 702 prims on it's own, but we have 2109 in total on the region of which 459 are free.

You can totally deed a load of parcels to the same group, and then put literally everything on just one of the parcels.

Thank you, so I understand what you say is: if two parcels, at the same region, deeded to the same group, but owned by different avatars, then their prim limits can still be exchanged. Is that right?

And, if that is the case, and one parcel is owned (bought) and the other is rented, and still deeded to the same group, then can they still exchange prim limits?

Thank you! 

When you deed a parcel to a group, it becomes owned by that group and is no longer owned by who ever had it previously.

I would recommend that those contributing deeded land to a group are also owners of that same group.

Also, when deeding, make sure you check the box "owner makes contribution with deed".

• Like 1

Rented mainland .. no, you never actually get "ownership" of that when rented, you might be given rights, but ownership stays with the original person / group. If you could deed it, then you would be transferring that ownership.

Private islands is a little different as you can have ownership even while renting because the region owner can always reclaim the land from you.

3 hours ago, JessieHoo said:

Thanks for all the help! And I have another question. My friend currently owns the plot we live now, and it is deeded to group. So I want to know that if I buy another parcel in the same region, and also deed it to the same group, can these two parcels exchange prim limits?

Rather than buying and then deeding, you can also donate your tier to the group first and then Buy for Group. It's an option on the land menu. You'll need to have that group active of course.

4 hours ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

Rather than buying and then deeding, you can also donate your tier to the group first and then Buy for Group. It's an option on the land menu. You'll need to have that group active of course.

In short, the field that says Owner: has to be the same on all the blocks for the parcel capacity to combine.

But yeah, you could buy land in the neighboring sim and rework your design so that some of the prims are in each sim, but they do not combine if in neighboring sims.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2018 at 11:52 PM, JessieHoo said:

Hello, we currently own 1/4 Region (5625 prims) in Mainland. The area around us are occupied too. Now we are in short of prim capacity so we would like to upgrade to a 1/2 Region (11250 prims). And we like the current position and do not want to move out. So is there any way to just allow us more prims? It does not need to be as large as 11250 prims, say 7000 to 8000 is fine.

That's a lot of prims. Depending what you're doing with them, it could be (much) more than ¼ what the sim can support. That's why prim count is tied to parcel size.

It's not merely that the sim needs to store all the object data in the sim and fetch it up for display on any viewers that venture onto the scene. Some of those objects may potentially be scripted (e.g., the notorious script-on-script lag from breedables), or even interact with each other in various ways (physics, god forbid, is vastly supra-linear). Cases such as these would max-out long before reaching a sim's prim-count limits.

Stated more concretely: any breedables' scripts will perform much more erratically if crowded into one sim than if they're spread just a few to a region.

[EDIT: Wait. I'm sorry, this thread is almost 10 days old. I have no idea why it caught my attention today. Normally I'd just delete this comment as superfluous, but I looked up the unicode for "vulgar fraction one quarter" and I'll be darned if I'll give it up now! ?]

Edited by Qie Niangao

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2063 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.