RuchiVee

Summing Up Bloodlines

On 8/21/2018 at 8:30 AM, RuchiVee said:

Would anyone like to bring some World of Darkness style roleplay to Bloodlines?

Perhaps should have phrased that differently and specified only people who are playing bloodlines or who would like to play.

Otherwise you're just going to get the grumps saying

DKUR9Tk.png

On 8/18/2018 at 5:06 PM, RuchiVee said:

Is Bloodlines a Ponzi scheme?

No, it's a multi-level marketing scheme. Amway for vampires.

• Haha 1

I personally wouldn't bother with SL bloodlines. I have played bloodlines, as a matter of fact, I got bitten years ago at a random noobie clothing sim.  I didn't pay much mind to it until later on, I tried to game out. It wasn't like that back then. You didn't have to spend a boatload of linden to enjoy the game and make friends. 

I left a game for a couple of years to go to enjoy roleplay sims. I came back about a year ago recently and things have changed massively. The whole BL game turned into a cash cow... and that just turned me off from it. And as soon as I stated my opinion, I got a lot of hate from some BL stans.

So yea, Try before you buy... It's not my cup of tea and personally, i think the whole BL things sucks. But that's MY OPINION.

Edited by Minx Kurosawa

On 8/17/2018 at 2:41 PM, RuchiVee said:

I'm considering joining the Bloodlines game, and have spent a good deal of time investigating what, exactly, it is.  I'd appreciate it if experienced Bloodline players would correct or add to what I think the game is, based on my research (which consisted basically of asking a lot of questions of one Clan leader).

As far as I can tell, Bloodlines is a game of predation and dominance.  Vampires and Lycans (and Hybrids) prey on humans by biting/clawing them in order to "mark" them as their Clan's "property" or chattle -- i.e., making them off-limits to other Clans (except through costly circumventitive procedures).  They make humans their chattle so that they will have a supply of blood/lumens, which earns the vampire/lycan "points" of a sort, designating their prowess as a hunter and elevating them in status or rank within their clan (and also so they don't lose all their blood points and fall into the abyss, which, as far as I can tell, isn't much of a penalty).  Earning these "points," in turn, earns the hunter's Clan "points" of a sort, elevating that Clan in prestige vis-à-vis other Clans.  Individual (and, therefore Clan) status can also be elevated by visiting certain "haunts" and clicking on signs posted at the haunts which grant the visiting vampire/lycan more "points" (and badges memorializing their achievement) and clues to the location of other haunts.  The Clan with the highest status is a "winner" of sorts (of little more than bragging rights), but because the game has no real end, the top Clan's status is always threatened by all the other Clans, and an ambitious Clan can unseat them.

Is that about it in a nutshell?  Or am I missing a fundamental aspect of the game?

Also, my research has not yet uncovered any details about roleplaying.  How much does RPing play into the Bloodlines game?

I would be grateful for any and all input.

the bloodlines is a group of losers that dont got nothin to do so they spent time trying to bite ppl and the ppl report them to the real life cops an hope they will be arrested an there computers taken away forever 

Edited by Quinn Lysette
spelled bite wrong
  • Haha 2

Ruchi, you pretty much nailed it in your original post.

If you enjoy being a vampire, there is no need to sign up for any of the vampire gaming systems (Bloodlines, The Hunger, or Progeny).  Just roleplay it.  The best vampire I ever met in SL (Gabriele Graves) never used a gaming system.  She was just all...dark and sexy and dangerous.  Yum.

• Like 2

I don't see why people keep whining about Bloodlines, or any other such systems - if you enjoy doing it, fine. If you don't want to participate, don't. If someone tries to bite you at random - consider it any random request to do anything to your avatar, ignore it and move on - or if the person persists to spam you, block them. Bloodlines -can- serve as a tool, if you chose to wield it, and then it can do some pretty interesting things. Whether it's worth the cost is an issue any potential player will have to decide - is it worth paying $15 each month to play any MMORPG? That's your personal decision.

Whining about Bloodlines when you aren't even in it is as if a carpenter would whine about 'unnecessary' cooking gadgets because they're overpriced, useless, and you 'have to watch the commercials on TV all the time'. It's a waste of breath, it won't change the way it works, it certainly won't make the system any less appealing to those who enjoy it. Besides - the very first thing you'll be told when you set foot in many Newbie places is, take this free 'garlic necklace', attach it, click it, take it off, throw it away - you'll never have to be bothered by a Bloodlines player again. Heck, even the HUD says 'leave them alone' if you scan someone who did that. But no, 'I shouldn't have to do that' - then keep being bit and pestered and stop pestering the rest of us with it.

As for whether you 'need' Bloodlines to 'be' a vampire - of course not. Second Life is 'all about' how you present yourself to others, whether it be through how you communicate or how you chose your appearance. If you want to be a vampire, it's up to you to chose how you wish to portray that. Most people go with fangs and a pale skin, perhaps some 'dark' clothing and call it a thing. Others put on a T-shirt that says 'Om Nom - Blood' and call that a thing. The vampire fantasy has been so thoroughly derailed and saturated that you basically can do anything and say you're a vampire, and that'll be how you see yourself. If you're concerned with whether others will regard you as a vampire or not, well, Bloodlines may or may not 'help', although it certainly won't be convincing in and of its own. Especially since a lot of people simply don't RP, and don't care whether you're a primmy squirrel with a plywood texture, or a high-poly mesh avatar with photorealistic textures and the ability to wag your nostrils through a button in one of your many bento animation HUDs. 

22 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I don't see why people keep whining about Bloodlines...

Me neither, banhammering Spampires on sight is way more effective...

• Like 3