KaliLovely

Getting Started with Rentals

Question

Hello to all,

I am very new to Land ownership, Jumped in the deep end before testing the water, it was a huge investment as you all know.

I was wondering is there any groups or schools in SL to teach me all about this plus Do & Don't  kinda stuff, how to divide lands and set prices all about group lands verses not grouping ECT.

I log in and draw a blank every time? stuck on dumb and also a bit stressed at what I just invested in sort of speak...Just looking for other like minded people. I did read on this forum a lot of helpful info...but, I am a hands on person sort a speak..Just wondering is there a school something of this nature in world. and any groups that are good for answering questions.

Thank you so much for reading, Happy SL to all :)

3 answers to this question

Hi Kali!  I have a small rental operation (about 3/4 of a region, with 20 rentals.)  I'd be happy to discuss the ins and outs of being a landlord with you.  Please IM me in world, or send me a notecard.

EDIT: I'm on the Mainland.  If your rental project is on a private region, I'll still be happy to help, but Rolig Loon, who is also a frequent visitor to this forum, might be a better mentor.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 2

My own approach to renting is quite passive, so it's not really a helpful model for someone just starting out.  As Lindal says, I own a residential private estate, not a Mainland region.  I also have a remarkably stable community of tenants, most of whom have been in SL for ages and have been with with me for years. Even the most recent renters are there as referrals.  As a result, I rarely need to chase people down for missing rent payments or doing things that annoy other people.  Except for watching to make sure that nobody has accidentally allowed sandbox building, it's about as low maintenance as it can be.

• Like 1

Thank you both very much,  Lindal Kidd, I will contact you very soon, when i log in to SL..RL has me very busy atm...I appreciate you so much already! Hugs