MP Changes?

AmethestPearl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2070 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, have there been any changes to Marketplace recently? 

I’m listing some new items and there are things that didn’t happen before. 

Items that aren’t active listing are not showing up in the Related items and Demo item in the listing setup. Also the custom avatar brand is filled in.

Edited by AmethestPearl

You mean with this list?
ABAR, Absolut Creations, Altamura, Belleza, EPOS, G.Inc, Kitties Lair, MBA Sim, Maitreya, NX-Nardcotix, Niramyth, SLink, Signature, Sking, TMP, Tonic

Had a check and noticed that on a gacha i have listed plus some of my own products, it's not appearing on the actual listings unless you make changes  if you delete the list all the brands come in a drop down list to choose from my guess is it's put there for people to easily select all the brands their wearable items work for before you had to manually do it

19 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

i see what you mean now!! This is VERY annoying!!! So i have 7 new listings to add (6 colours + 1 demo), and they are all supposed to be related to each other. So now i have to first list them all one by one, then go back and edit them all one by one AGAIN, to make them related. This is like 1.5x more work, and it was already such a tedious task that i am sure lots of creators hate the most... *facepalm*

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Elvina Ewing said:

and now the Best Selling link from the bottom left of the home page is not working correctly. When i click on it it is showing me the list sorted by Newest First, i am guessing because this is the last sorting method i used looking at other things on MP...

screenshot MP1.jpg

Confirmed.

Bug filed at BUG-225309 - "Best selling products" no longer sorts by best selling

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Well, it appears the listing issue Jira has been closed by Spidey Linden with the resolution: Expected Behavior. So looks like it was an intentional change. Listings now have to be activated before they are indexed to use for Related Items, Demos, or for using the AutoFill feature. This is idiotic. 

FWIW I have posted a feature request to try and get this restored.I don't know what "problem" this change was meant to address, but I can't fathom any scenario where this improves anything. From where I'm sitting it only makes listing on MP a bigger, more inefficient PITA.

Edited by Nicholas Melchior
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

There is a meeting tomorrow (Wednesday 22nd), Web User Group, and it covers the web based aspects of SL, including but not limited to, the Marketplace. The MP does seem to dominate the discussion there but it is your opportunity to put these issues directly into the hands of the various teams were. This is certainly another issue I'll be adding to my long list.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Web_User_Group

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nicholas Melchior said:

I don't know what "problem" this change was meant to address, but I can't fathom any scenario where this improves anything. From where I'm sitting it only makes listing on MP a bigger, more inefficient PITA.

the only possible reason i can think of: maybe it's still work-in-progress and the final result will be one listing with options for colours and demo included within just same one listing, thus eliminating the necessity to interlink several listings as colours and demos?... :S i believe this feature was requested by many...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Nicholas Melchior said:

Well, it appears the listing issue Jira has been closed by Spidey Linden with the resolution: Expected Behavior.

And I thought this is going to get resolved fast... guess not. Just gonna have to edit everything multiple times from now on, which is dumb but what can you do?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Elvina Ewing said:

the only possible reason i can think of: maybe it's still work-in-progress and the final result will be one listing with options for colours and demo included within just same one listing, thus eliminating the necessity to interlink several listings as colours and demos?... :S i believe this feature was requested by many...

Do we know that is a plan? I seem to remember someone official saying that it was "beyond the scope" or something like that and the idea was being abandoned.   I usually remember the who and where and when part of those tidbits but since I don't make things that would use this feature I apparently wasn't paying all that close attention. Maybe someone else remembers that. 

I do agree it would be a great feature. They have that at Kitely Market. A pain to do there, but nice for shopping. 

• Like 1

On 8/21/2018 at 5:54 PM, Nicholas Melchior said:

Well, it appears the listing issue Jira has been closed by Spidey Linden with the resolution: Expected Behavior. So looks like it was an intentional change.

At the meeting yesterday (weds 22nd) it was confirmed that it turns out its not really expected behaviour and is going to be fixed. Can't see any of the Jiras updated to state this yet though, but it is at the bottom of the post Grumpity linked above

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2070 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.