aditi Inventory Overwrite from agni

agentronin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2077 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have begun to use the Second Life Beta grid to do development work (aditi). I knew that any Inventory item I came by in the beta grid cannot be transferred into my Inventory in the regular Second Life grid (agni). So to keep what I develop in the Beta grid separated from all other Inventory Items I created a folder to contain my work done in the Beta Grid. Two days later I log in to find this folder gone. And so I discover by experience  I cannot keep any development work saved in my Beta Inventory, because the entire aditi Inventory will be overwritten from my agni Inventory.

What events trigger this overwrite? I am concerned this will happen during development work in agni before I get it downloaded to my hard drive in which case I would lose some work.

3 answers to this question

• Lindens

Hi Agentronin,

Could you file a Jira BUG ticket?

Please, include

* folder name

* some item  names or asset ids that were under that folder

* regions you were doing development on

* If possible the time and date of the first login when you noticed the folder disappeared

* have you had problems connecting to Aditi before and reached out to support, before the folder overwrite occurred?

Overwrite should not be triggered unless there was a request to copy the inventory from agni to aditi. Otherwise, inventory merges should happen on aditi

Thanks,

Caleb

Edited by Caleb Linden
  • Like 1

On 8/16/2018 at 4:26 PM, agentronin said:

And so I discover by experience  I cannot keep any development work saved in my Beta Inventory, because the entire aditi Inventory will be overwritten from my agni Inventory.

Not true. I have folders named ADITI spread through my ADITI inventory. They stay there update after update.

The AGNI to ADITI update is a sync NOT and overwrite. I suggest you go through the 'Missing Inventory' steps on ADITI.

The Sync will grow your trash folder on ADITI. Things deleted on AGNI are not deleted from ADITI inventory. You'll find them in their pre-deleted folders and in trach.

When I reorganize folders on AGNI, I just delete all of the folders in that section from my ADITI inventory. It gets the new folder organization next sync. You can delete any AGNI folder and have it reappear next sync. So, it is ONLY the ADITI folders I have to be careful not to delete from ADITI, which is why I name them with ADITI in the folder name.

If your stuff is being overwritten... that is a bug. Report it, JIRA.

Edited by Nalates Urriah
add to clarify

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2077 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.