Redeliveries

Talligurl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2078 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Sometimes when I am missing an item I have purchased in the past, and I go to the store to get a redelivery, the purchased item will not be listed on the redelivery terminal. Any one know why this happens, is there a way to fix it? Thanks.

4 answers to this question

I think that Marketplace shopping isn't in the redlivery terminals. I can't be 100% sure, maybe some Merchant knows for sure.

I can find out if I bought it on MP, by trying to write a review. I think you can use the same argument, to get a redelivery. But then you must write notecards and explain.

• Thanks 1

It depends on the redelivery system and whether the seller is using the Market Place plugin if it has one. CasperVend does have a Market Place integration I believe - but the seller has to set that up.

It also depends on whether that seller has had a redelivery system set up at the time you bought your product, also.

• Thanks 1

And whether the seller changed redelivery systems since you bought the item.  Another possible cause - if the item was bought via some sort of promo that didn't use the vendor system or was a group/hunt gift.

Basically the redelivery system can only redeliver whatever was originally bought via that same system before.  This is why, for some items that I consider to be a bit more important, I keep a copy of the original box.

32 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

And whether the seller changed redelivery systems since you bought the item.  Another possible cause - if the item was bought via some sort of promo that didn't use the vendor system or was a group/hunt gift.

Basically the redelivery system can only redeliver whatever was originally bought via that same system before.  This is why, for some items that I consider to be a bit more important, I keep a copy of the original box.

I've kept original boxes since 2006!  No kidding. I don't depend on re-deliveries at all, myself. I've never had to use one to replace anything I've ever purchased The only time I have ever used one was when a creator (~holds her nose and points at Catwa~) says "NEW UPDATE, now go get it from my redeliver terminal on my (now suddenly super-laggy, rez-as-fast-as-molasses) sim!" ~rolls eyes~ I get it, I understand it, I'm just not so impressed about it (sending updates via re-delivery method.)

PROTIP to OP and any and all readers: *Always* keep the original box for everything you ever buy. If you buy anything that doesn;t come in a box, create a new folder in that item's main folder, name it "BACKUP" and copy everything into that shiny new BACKUP folder. Especially HUDs. If you maintain this practice you'll never need to rely on a re-delivery system again. ~toothy-grin~

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2078 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.