unable to get demos from marketplace

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 759 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am unable to get any demos from the SL Marketplace. I tried it in SL and from a browser outside of SL. I tried three different browsers but none of them provide the Place Your Order" button so I can go to my cart and get the demo. I had a friend with many years of experience try to help me and eventually they weren't able to figure it out either. I'm guessing that something in my account got set up wrong and it's keeping me from being able to get demo versions from SL Marketplace. Thanks!

10 answers to this question

On the item page, you clicked 'add to cart'?  Then upper right, click on your cart. On that page click 'check out'.  Now, unless there is something in your cart that costs more than L$0, you will have to scroll down to the bottom of the next page -- LL likes to hide this below tons of ads for other stuff unless you are buying stuff for more than L$0.  The bottom of the page should then have the 'place your order' button.

Is that where the button is missing or do you not get that far or ??

Note that clicking 'buy now' on an L$0 item will also take you to that page full of ads and you have to scroll to the bottom.  

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks LittleMe Jewell. Looks like I just happened to have been selecting a few items where the "Get the demo version" link didn't work correctly, for whatever reason. I tried a number of other items that provided demos and they worked in that they then brought up the demo version page which normally lists a price of L$0 so I could put it in the cart and submit the order.

However, that still leaves the question as to why my friend could get a 'place your order button' but I couldn't for a certain item. Here's a link to it. This item does have a very adult sex image on it and so if you're offended by such images then don't bring it up. But I cannot get to the demo page for this Marketplace item - it simply brings me to the home page:  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Cheeky-HotBoy-Jeans-Blue-MUSCHI/5579619

Edited by KyrkDugLass
full needed to be demo
13 minutes ago, KyrkDugLass said:

I cannot get to the demo page for this Marketplace item - it simply brings me to the home page

Ditto - I end up back at the home page when I click on the 'get demo version' link for that specific item.  I've always assumed that it meant the demo for the item wasn't really available, despite the link.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Ditto - I end up back at the home page when I click on the 'get demo version' link for that specific item.  I've always assumed that it meant the demo for the item wasn't really available, despite the link.

Yes, this is what that means: the listing for that item has become delisted (likely the delisting glitch a lot of merchants have been getting) - in which case it's best to click on "Visit Store" link in case they have created a new listing (and even if they try to change the link it sometimes stays sticky to the delisted one).

One issue I've been having with MP is a 10-item cart full of L$0 demos or items - click to check-out - final check out page either has an error, or the cart if only partial (only a few of the items that should be there - if I make the purchase the entire cart is cleaned out (including the 'missing' items. Only seems to happen with Microsoft Edge browser (even with viewer browser, which uses the default browser engine). I *never* have these issue with Safari browser - so I must do my MP shopping on an ancient Mac laptop! LOL

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

One issue I've been having with MP is a 10-item cart full of L$0 demos or items - click to check-out - final check out page either has an error, or the cart if only partial (only a few of the items that should be there - if I make the purchase the entire cart is cleaned out (including the 'missing' items. Only seems to happen with Microsoft Edge browser (even with viewer browser, which uses the default browser engine). I *never* have these issue with Safari browser - so I must do my MP shopping on an ancient Mac laptop! LOL

I've never experienced that one - though have often bought a full cart of nothing but L$0 items.  I only use Chrome or Firefox on the Windows PC - don't like the Microsoft Edge browser.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
21 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I've never experienced that one - though have often bought a full cart of nothing but L$0 items.  I only use Chrome or Firefox on the Windows PC - don't like the Microsoft Edge browser.

I'm pretty sure it's the browser, I just don't like installing redundant stuff on my computer LOL If I do, it will definitely be Firefox or Cliqz, never anything Google (I actually care about my privacy). ~snickers~

13 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I'm pretty sure it's the browser, I just don't like installing redundant stuff on my computer LOL If I do, it will definitely be Firefox or Cliqz, never anything Google (I actually care about my privacy). ~snickers~

Yeah, I don't really like Google either, but I can't seem to get all pages to run in Firefox.  Never heard of Cliqz, so will check that one out.

38 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yeah, I don't really like Google either, but I can't seem to get all pages to run in Firefox.  Never heard of Cliqz, so will check that one out.

Cliqz is a super-secure, super-privacy-oriented version of Firefox, so if you experience glitches with Firefox, you may still experience and if not, then it may have been an extension/plugin/add-on, etc. LOL I'm rocking it right now on the Mac side (at work right now) - so I'm thinking I may as well install it on me windblows 'puter when I get home.

• Thanks 1
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 759 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.