navaile

What is worth of creating nowadays?

What is worth to create nowadays? Talking about prims, because I don't know how to create mesh (I tried before, but didn't succed).

I think nobody buys itens made in prims anymore, am I right? 

Sorry for my English.

You're right.  Things made from prims are hard to sell.  That's not the only reason to build, though.  You can do a lot of good, basic building for your own enjoyment.  Buy someone else's mesh house but use prims to make walls, patios, walkways, and all sorts of other items.   Yes, someone can make smoother, more professional-looking things with mesh, but THEY made them, not YOU.  There's a lot of satisfaction in knowing that you can create some things yourself.

• Like 2

third party viewers have the possibility to export prim builds you own completely to mesh files - not as good as mesh done from scratch but might be worth looking into (and reading a lot of tutorials on how to keep LOD OK)

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

Prims exported as mesh and then dumped back into SL is ... a terrible idea. 

Make a rough item in SL, export that to blender, create your object in blender with the guide you have from SL. 

Blender takes some time to learn, just keep grinding those tutorials .. it will all come together. We all had to do this.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, navaile said:

What is worth to create nowadays? Talking about prims, because I don't know how to create mesh (I tried before, but didn't succed).

I think nobody buys itens made in prims anymore, am I right? 

Sorry for my English.

Have you tried the building classes @ Builder's Brewery? New ones are starting up in September.

Often people try to learn mesh and feel like they failed, and then try again and feel the same way......eventually it 'takes'. For some it takes longer yes, but if you really really love building and have the time you can do it!

• Like 1