cAN'T Walk on one sim

Renkek

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2054 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I logged in yesterday and had a problem moving as in walking on the sim for the MC i'm in no one else that comes there does and I have no problem moving elsewhere on any other sim I've been on I can tp to places fine on said sim but can't walk and if I tp to someone it stops them from moving temporarily too... anyone have a reason why? I will note I was playing with some huds satuerday night and a couple had shileds active but they're not even worn now.... I've done everything I know to have no move lock on or the lock and unlock position isn't checked either. others that have seen me there said it looks like I'm standing on an invisible prim. or something. any help appreciated.

5 answers to this question

I remember that happening to me each time I tried teleporting to a friend's home many years ago.  It was frustrating.  It took me a while to realize that I was landing inside a thick wall each time.  If I teleported out or just sat on a nearby bench, I could get out easily enough, but I couldn't walk out.  If you are inside an object, you can't tell, unless you zoom your camera out enough to see the outside of the object.  Even then, if the object is transparent, you wouldn't necessarily think that you were inside it.

Edited by Rolig Loon

It isn't clear exactly what you are experiencing. Can't walk... that comes in several forms. 

There is one form where you are sort of stuck in place. You can spin but not move. This usually is a sign of an incomplete login... not to SL but incomplete to the region. The servers didn't hand you off to the nest region as well as they should. Relogging is the solution. This can be a connection problem on your side or a problem with the region on their side. 

Lost packets can cause similar problems. If you login in and see it, immediately log out. Look at the summary in the viewer log to see if you had a high rate of packet loss. I suggest the quick logout so you can catch a bunch of packets only lost in the login sequence. This is when the server can get confused and have trouble connecting.

Check your script load. Hopefully <3MB. Flying a helicopter with a large avatar script load results in some really weird hangups crossing regions. I'll think I've recovered only to find I'm stuck and can't really move. They are working on making region crossings better and have making some changes in the crossing code. I used to be able to survive a double crossing. Now a double crossing is almost a certain fail. (Double crossings are when you move out of a region near the corner of 4 regions, clip a tiny part of the second then pass into the third. 

Crossing code gets you from one region to another, walking flying, or teleporting. If there is a hiccup, things get weird.

Find a place where you can reproduce the problem each time. Then describe in detail where, when, and how you are entering the region.

6 hours ago, Renkek said:

...I will note I was playing with some huds satuerday night and a couple had shileds active....others that have seen me there said it looks like I'm standing on an invisible prim....

Sounds like one of your shields is still in the region and trapping you when you TP in.

Ctrl-Alt-T so you can see it, then delete it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2054 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.