Jump to content
  • 0

Anyway to get the week 8 SL gift?


JVirus Nightfire
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

14 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1

It seems if you miss a week or were not aware of the starting date of this hunt you are out of luck as far as getting the grand prize at the end. I have to say I am a bit surprised that the option to go back to past weeks and collect the crystals is not allowed. I have done many hunts in SL and all the ones I have done allowed you to go back and do the ones that came before. If you are willing to put in the effort to go back and collect all of them then I feel it should be allowed. When I first became aware of the hunt and read all the rules, no where did it state that you were not allowed to go back and make up the ones you had missed. Like you I was very disappointed and like others very frustrated when they missed one after weeks of hunting. It does not promote good will to have the hunt set up like this. It is supposed to be a celebration and disappointment and frustration does not feel like a celebration. I wonder if they could still change this or at least state on the first page with rules 1-4 that you can not attain the goal of the grand prize at the end unless you started 8 weeks ago.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 minutes ago, JVirus Nightfire said:

I feel sick! I was so busy last week I totally missed the Week 8 gift and that means I also wont be able to get the end of the 15 week big gift!

Is there any way to get this and get back on track!?!?!?

no

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I think this has become more prevalent in RL as well "if you don't buy this Kickstarter option now you will miss out half of the product" - I hate that kind of marketing. I came to SL to decelerate not to be chased by hunts...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, Angelfaery Mistwalker said:

 not aware of the starting date of this hunt

i got it in email... it's on the forums, it's on the main page. .. and its pretty clear that it would be available only for one week.

That it's not a great way to attrackt the ones doing it..well think we all think the same about it.
If they don't want to open the lost weeks again, i'd suggest LL opens a little store at the final location, and sell the missing ones for a good price.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
7 hours ago, Angelfaery Mistwalker said:

When I first became aware of the hunt and read all the rules, no where did it state that you were not allowed to go back and make up the ones you had missed

Seems pretty clear to me right here:

image.thumb.png.4e30bb48794f38fbe12e4102ecb4afdd.png

 

I'm guessing that part of the whole idea is to get people to actually log in every week.  They published the rules at the beginning and IMO they should stick to it.  

 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
8 hours ago, Angelfaery Mistwalker said:

It seems if you miss a week or were not aware of the starting date of this hunt you are out of luck as far as getting the grand prize at the end. I have to say I am a bit surprised that the option to go back to past weeks and collect the crystals is not allowed. I have done many hunts in SL and all the ones I have done allowed you to go back and do the ones that came before. If you are willing to put in the effort to go back and collect all of them then I feel it should be allowed. When I first became aware of the hunt and read all the rules, no where did it state that you were not allowed to go back and make up the ones you had missed. Like you I was very disappointed and like others very frustrated when they missed one after weeks of hunting. It does not promote good will to have the hunt set up like this. It is supposed to be a celebration and disappointment and frustration does not feel like a celebration. I wonder if they could still change this or at least state on the first page with rules 1-4 that you can not attain the goal of the grand prize at the end unless you started 8 weeks ago.

I truly hope an admin sees your response, I have been very diligent but every now and then life throws a curve ball and its very disheartening to know because I had 1 bad week out of 15 I don't get to partake.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 hours ago, JVirus Nightfire said:

I truly hope an admin sees your response, I have been very diligent but every now and then life throws a curve ball and its very disheartening to know because I had 1 bad week out of 15 I don't get to partake.

I disagree. I empathize, but don't sympathize with the OP. What @LittleMe Jewell say is the way it should be: they need to stick to the rules they've established, else those who do make it a point to go every week will feel cheated for their effort.

Grabbing the gift takes literally seconds, and yet we all have seven days, 168 hours, 10,800 minutes to remember, then spend about 60 seconds (TP in, click, TP out) to participate. No matter how busy one may get during that time, the onus is on you to make the effort. Forgetfulness is not an excuse.

Whoops, sorry officer, I forgot to stop at that intersection back there, will you please let me slide this time?. 

//SlipperySlope

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
5 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I disagree. I empathize, but don't sympathize with the OP. What @LittleMe Jewell say is the way it should be: they need to stick to the rules they've established, else those who do make it a point to go every week will feel cheated for their effort.

Grabbing the gift takes literally seconds, and yet we all have seven days, 168 hours, 10,800 minutes to remember, then spend about 60 seconds (TP in, click, TP out) to participate. No matter how busy one may get during that time, the onus is on you to make the effort. Forgetfulness is not an excuse.

Whoops, sorry officer, I forgot to stop at that intersection back there, will you please let me slide this time?. 

//SlipperySlope

Whoops sorry, I was out of town for a family funeral. Sorry I couldn't log in on my phone to grab it.

Is it the end or the world no, but its still a bummer and still no this is not a life or death situation on the road.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 hours ago, JVirus Nightfire said:

Whoops sorry, I was out of town for a family funeral. Sorry I couldn't log in on my phone to grab it.

Is it the end or the world no, but its still a bummer and still no this is not a life or death situation on the road.

Yes, I understand. One thing I was very *tempted* to add to my post was this: "There is always the possibility that LL might have a very short window (like one day?) where all previous 14 gifts boxes are set back out to give a last chance to claim" - BUT then I saw @LittleMe Jewell 's highlighting of the rules so I thought it best not to mention such suggestions (which is worse: being lied to or someone giving you false hopes? Debatable, I think)

Edited by Alyona Su
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...