Are you able to get your L back when someone commits fraud?

Rob Huntsman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2054 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I bought a tank off this scammer... the name is in my ticket not sure if I filled it in the correct spot. But the short story is...

This tank is actually MESHED by the co owner of bloodlines. No joke heres a picture.

6cb5f8ff1b.png

I reported this to bloodlines... because this is a first for me. But how did a scammer get ahold of a Co owners tank then put a false script in it to resell/scam people like me charging 3k lindon. Can I get any help for this? Like can I atleast get their IP address banned from the scammers.

((In addition, In case anyone wanted to know.... or curious here's the originals inside the store. Meshed by the same man so others will make this mistake as well is lindens don't fix it....Like I'm quite speechless this is a first for me.))

a5ab058fbd.jpg

Edited by Haselden

4 hours ago, Haselden said:

yeah but I don't even give this tank to anyone?

Like shouldn't a lindens want it for the UIDD.

No.  You apparently still don't get the point.  The federal law, DMCA, says that only the creator of an item has authority under the law to file a complaint.  If Linden Lab receives a valid complaint from the creator, they are required to remove the contested item, pending a successful appeal.  Otherwise, they can simply ignore the complaint, because it is not clear whether changes were approved by the creator.  In practice, Linden Lab generally treats non-DMCA complaints as "disputes between residents" and disregards them, as indicated in the TOS (Sect 6): " We are not responsible or liable for the conduct or content of any user. We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users."

2 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

No.  You apparently still don't get the point.  The federal law, DMCA, says that only the creator of an item has authority under the law to file a complaint.  If Linden Lab receives a valid complaint from the creator, they are required to remove the contested item, pending a successful appeal.  Otherwise, they can simply ignore the complaint, because it is not clear whether changes were approved by the creator.  In practice, Linden Lab generally treats non-DMCA complaints as "disputes between residents" and disregards them, as indicated in the TOS (Sect 6): " We are not responsible or liable for the conduct or content of any user. We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users."

Oh ok, so even when a copy bot stunt clearly has happened. ((Proof with photos.)) In section 6 they will do absolutely nothing unless I am the owner of the business with a DMCA. Which I totally get but that seems VERY lazy.

For example, in section 7 and 8 speak heavily against copy bot stunts such as this I believe and was enforced Effective: July 31, 2017...

So, even though if I don't at least get my Lindon back. LL must at least enforce THAT correct? Or what is the point of having rules about copy botting in their ToS. Like are they at least going to remove the prim? to Prevent furthermore scams, or not do a dang thing.

Edited by Haselden

6 minutes ago, Haselden said:

Like are they at least going to remove the prim?

Not without a valid complaint, submitted by the creator.  There's no point in trying to argue here.  Lindens rarely if ever come here, and we are all SL residents like you.  We are not here to debate policy or justify it.  The Answers area is here to help you understand how SL works.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

The screenshot clearly shows that as a transfer item, so the person owning it could legally sell it to someone else. Also you need to read the forum rules about names and such.    And no, you won't get any money back unless the person that sold you the tank wants to give it to you. 

It was no modify only before I bought it. Infact is still no modify. ((Well in the other route to take.))

Edit: I'm saying the script has been tampered messed with. Destroyed won't work, on an object that is supposed to be no modify.

b95331b6f3.png

Edited by Haselden

1 hour ago, Klytyna said:

It's common practice for Vampire Hud Blood system "Juice Tanks" be they blood, mana, moonlight, or whatever (depending on is it vamp, dogboy, demon orwhat), to be sold at extortionate prices on a TRANS/NO-COPY basis.

So ANYONE who has bought a tank, can in theory gift/trade or sell that tank to anyone else..

Further, scripts will only work in script enabled areas, no script sandboxes are an auto fail.

No, you can't.

Yes, it's almost certain others will buy tanks and rez them in no script areas and scream... And that LL won't fix this, but fixing user-error isn't a high priority with them, nor is it their job.

Some how, I get the impression that this won't be the LAST time you buy something, break it, and demand your money back from somebody who didn't do anything wrong, and demand that LL ban the "scammer".

Call me cynical...

Noo, I didn't break it. I Inspected the scripts... they're from different makers. It's not made by lyle.((Store owner.)) this is in my ticket... its made by someone else.

That's how I'm getting the impression its a scammed tank. Its got a script from a 2-year-old avatar in it. But I'm still baffled how they swapped the scripts on a no modifiy object.

3 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

It's actually pretty important to practice prim security. If you let a full-perm prim get out it can be used for quite a bit of mischief. Linking it as the root, with a bit of torture so it's hard to see, can make you seem to be the creator of any TOS-violating device or copybotted mesh.

this is actually what they did after inspecting the tank when I use Ctrl Alt T....

I hope lindons fix this quick though... I saw the guy trying to sell more tanks again today before I warned the buyers dont buy it.

Edits: Turns out to be a crate is how they did this magic...the rest of the tank is meshed with the other guy and you can't see that unless you're editing it by parts.

In addition, I had my ticket open for almost 24 hours... so far they just told me they can't do anything..... I'm pretty sure i'm posting in the correct spot about this issue as well.. https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/home > Real world payment issues. Also made a ticket in world, but never got a response for that either...

f163968cf5.png

Edited by Haselden

6 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Who is the creator of the scripts inside the tank?
Right click on the tank:
If using context menu - Object -> Script info
If using pie menu - More -> More -> Scripts -> Script info.

Are all the scripts set to running?  It's possible the tank is kosher but it's broken because the scripts are set to not running.
If you can't get script info to work, recreate the LSL bridge - Avatar -> Avatar Health -> Recreate LSL bridge.

Well I guess I can say who the scripter is because of theres apparently a blog post about this because lindons have done nothing about it.

[10:19] Lyle Maeterlinck: (Saved Mon Aug 13 11:31:49 2018)I've seen these containers floating around before, someone made them using some prim from some other item that was transfer / copy / mod that was made by Mars, and put fake scripts in them made by that weird MarsBrockan account. I know this won't help now, but it might help for the future: here is a blog post we did a long time ago about how to check aftermarket containers before buying them: https://blog.slbloodlines.com/2009/03/06/avoid-fraud-how-to-buy-a-blood-container/

In a situation like this though.. bloodlines should consider meshing new tanks not from the same creator...

I'm speechless how they got ahold of someones else's mesh that's not even been ripped. Legit from the same creator.

Edited by Haselden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2054 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.