How do I increase my Monthly $L purchase amount??

Bubba Ansome

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2045 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

You just wait.  After the first month, when you have demonstrated that your payment method is working as advertized, your limits for purchasing and selling L$ start to increase automatically.  Until then, Linden Lab wants to limit its own downside risk, discourage short-term members who are trying to use the LindeX for money laundering, and give you time to learn about the SL economic system so that you don't make too many unwise purchases. 

If you ever find that your limits are inadequate for the sort of regular business you are doing in world, you can submit a support case to ask for a review of your limits.  Linden Lab will take a look at your Transaction History and decide whether an increase is appropriate at that time.  A review typically takes a week or so.

Edited by Rolig Loon

Your purchase limits increase gradually over the first month after you register payment information.  By the end of a week, you'll be at, if I recall, about $300 per month.  At the end of a month, you will be at $1999 per month...surely more than all but a very few require!

37 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Your purchase limits increase gradually over the first month after you register payment information.  By the end of a week, you'll be at, if I recall, about $300 per month.  At the end of a month, you will be at $1999 per month...surely more than all but a very few require!

Has that changed recently? I went from 1999 down to 999 when they made the changes about a year ago. I had to both show that I needed an increase and answer a bunch of security questions.  But it did go through. 

And we don't KNOW this person is new. A person with the same exact name is almost 11 years old.  :D

So to the OP there is a request you can fill out to up your credit limit. It can be found in your web back end somewhere in the money section :D. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info

52 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

And we don't KNOW this person is new. A person with the same exact name is almost 11 years old.  :D

The account is new, and that's all that counts.  I made a new alt a couple of years ago and she had to start over with the basic starter limits.

6 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

The account is new, and that's all that counts.  I made a new alt a couple of years ago and she had to start over with the basic starter limits.

What I am saying is just because the FORUMS account is new, that doesn't mean the avatar is under 30 days.  There is clearly a Bubba Ansome (note the last name) that is 10 years and 9 months or so old :D

So assuming it is the new avatar thing is a faulty -- well assumption. They may be someone who cashes out regularly and needs to cash out at a higher limit.

Edited by Chic Aeon

12 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

What I am saying is just because the FORUMS account is new, that doesn't mean the avatar is under 30 days. 

That's a very good point. It's still possible, though, that the OP has never used the LindeX before, despite having been in SL for a long time  If not, then it doesn't make any difference how old the account is.  What counts is when the OP started using the LindeX --- not a third party exchange in some earlier incarnation -- to buy L$.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2045 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.